Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 113,208 times)

SM

SM

The main issue with Chappie for me was that plucked-out-of-the-arse-at-the-end mind transfer.

Prior to that it was pretty decent, f**k mothers.

Elysium was alright.  Can't quite put my finger on what didn't quite click.

Blomkamp's got a good eye.  He'd be better off as a Ridley Scott type who brings ideas and works with someone elses script.  I think he's quite protective of the writing side though.

Frosty Venom

Don't forget Giger is pretty much responsible for the entire aesthetic of LV-426. Even the hive is very Giger inspired. I personally would love to see a Giger inspired planet whether that be a hive world or a Space Jockey/Engineer planet.

whiterabbit

If I had my way. Finish the alien prequel, then do a Ripley 08 movie and then it is Alien vs Predator 3.

Yea, yea, I have no imagination but I would enjoy a little whimsical bliss from time to time.

SiL

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Nov 02, 2018, 01:39:30 AM
Don't forget Giger is pretty much responsible for the entire aesthetic of LV-426.
Not really. His paintings of the Derelict exterior show a smooth, biomechanical landscape, not the jagged, windswept terrain we see in the film.

D. Compton Ambrose

The point is that we've already seen a Giger-inspired planet. It wouldn't be fresh or new.

whiterabbit

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Nov 15, 2018, 04:54:44 PM
The point is that we've already seen a Giger-inspired planet. It wouldn't be fresh or new.
But it is what many of us desire.

Necronomicon II

Valleys and valleys of dong is all I want.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 23, 2019, 01:16:50 PM
Valleys and valleys of dong is all I want.

you've come to the right place.  :P   :D

Necronomicon II

Roby

I'd love the chance to read the script at least! Do you think there's any chance of a script release if this movie is really truly dead?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Roby on Jan 29, 2019, 12:18:39 AM
I'd love the chance to read the script at least! Do you think there's any chance of a script release if this movie is really truly dead?

Oh I doubt it's dead.  Looking forward to production resuming once Disney takes over the Aliens franchise.

Necronomicon II

Possible but I doubt Blomkamp is particularly enthused about it now. Unless the mouse buys him some massive bachelor pad.

The Old One

The Old One

@Reply #444

Sure.
Neill Blomkamp's Geriatric Alien is dead.

BishopShouldGo

If Neill isn't interested, let's circle back to what could've happened:

James Cameron writing and Ridley Scott directing. :)

Huggs

I've got to believe that Scott would not direct a Cameron script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed