The HOT TOYS figures are limited to how many and why?

Started by nicky, Jan 20, 2008, 02:45:35 PM

Author
The HOT TOYS figures are limited to how many and why? (Read 8,389 times)

nicky

Does anyone know how many each of the Hot Toys figs are limited to and WHY???? They always sell-out, why don't they make more???

ridetofight

i don't have a definitive answer about how many are made. it differs for some figures, but theres supposedly about 500 figures per run. with collectibles, when supply does not meet demand, it creates more demand, somehow. more people are after hot toys because its more of a novelty to own with so few floating around, and a good investment if thats what you're into. some of it also has to do with these figures being so high-end and intricate - a large scale, major toy company like hasbro, who churns out thousands of a figure, doesn't have the skilled labor or quality control needed for such expensive stuff. it takes a lot more time and effort from a personell stand point to make these things look this good. so theres less of a margin of profitability. it takes more work hours to produce one of these figures, so for a small company like hot toys (or any sixth scale company for that matter) to cut a profit, it has to jack up the price on the limited amount of figures it can make in a reasonable amount of time.

i don't know for sure. thats my best answer.

nicky

The battle-damaged T-800 Endoskeleton from The Terminator is a limited edition of 100 is all I know.

slipknotpredator

For example AVP hot toys figures, how many of them were made? does anybody knows?

Demonio Cazador

Usually Hot Toys exclusives are very limited to 100 I think, sometimes more, but there's no official number. I don't know how many are available from the regular editions. Maybe about 3,000 or so I would think...
The reason they don't make more is because these are Collectibles...not mass market toys.  ;)

nicky

They're VERY high in demand though - I wish they'd at least make just enough units to satisfy the harcore fanbase. I mean how hard can it be to re-produce a doll once they've made the prototype? Is each one painted by hand or something? And are the clothes hand-stitched?

FACEBOX

Yes, all are hand painted.
One has to consider that Hot Toys exports most of their figures. (World wide)
So, it's only natural that some countries get less than others. In most cases, these collectibles are so in demand, that they sell out before they are in stock.

One number I know for sure is of the exclusives. There's a limit of 300 imported to the US.

slipknotpredator

Im so happy i have one  :)

nicky

Are Sideshow the only "official" online dealers for Hot Toys then? I saw that they had 600 of the Ltd Ed battle-damaged T-800 endoskeleton. I really wish the Hot Toys site itself would take orders too but have also seen them on Amazon and Play mush more pricey of course.

I've seen some of the Aliens and AvP range in Forbidden Planet too though in Ireland and see them quite regularly in cons (at stupid prices).

darkfaerytales

Quote from: nicky on Jan 22, 2008, 10:16:08 PM
Are Sideshow the only "official" online dealers for Hot Toys then? I saw that they had 600 of the Ltd Ed battle-damaged T-800 endoskeleton. I really wish the Hot Toys site itself would take orders too but have also seen them on Amazon and Play mush more pricey of course.

I've seen some of the Aliens and AvP range in Forbidden Planet too though in Ireland and see them quite regularly in cons (at stupid prices).

stupid means exageratelly inhuman expensive or really cheap? ( i think more for the first...)

nicky

Well by stupidly priced I mean Apone was something like GBP 120.00 (about USD240) and this was when they first came out.

The Cleaner

Well, the first waves of figures from both the AVP series and ALIENS series were more limited than later waves, since they didn't know how successful they would be.

That's why you see Hicks, Apone, Vasquez, Scar and Celtic go for such INSANELY high prices on ebay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed