What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film?

Started by OmegaZilla, Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AM

Author
What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film? (Read 38,244 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Blomkamp seems to be a big enthusiast of the original Alien design -- seeing as he owns a Sideshow bust of it -- what kind of Alien design would you like to see in the new film?

I wouldn't mind seeing both the Alien and Aliens variation. I would also welcome something akin to the new Alien: Isolation Alien... Giger Alien with digitigrade legs.

Gash

I'm not a fan of the digigrade legs, makes it look too much like a dinosaur, but the Isolation alien shows that Giger's design is still beautiful and terrifying. I hope Blomkamp goes for something faithful to Giger's original.

Alien³

Just for a laugh.

Gash

That's a squirrel wearing a leather jacket.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gash on Feb 27, 2015, 11:58:35 AM
the Isolation alien shows that Giger's design is still beautiful and terrifying.
One thing I love is how they got the texture right. It reflects light and just seems to have the same skin as the original Alien -- it had that sort of organic rubber or silicon quality none of the sequels had.

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:00:07 PM
Just for a laugh.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/productionstills/productionstill36.jpg
Perfect!

Corporal Hicks

I love the grace that the Alien Isolation Alien exhibited. Whilst you never really saw it in the game, but when we visited Creative Assembly and showed us the model doing these incredible speeds and movements, those digigrade legs made it convincing.

I will be happy if I get to see something like the vent slink in Alienkamp.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Gash on Feb 27, 2015, 12:02:08 PMThat's a squirrel wearing a leather jacket.

Lol.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AMI wouldn't mind seeing both the Alien and Aliens variation. I would also welcome something akin to the new Alien: Isolation Alien... Giger Alien with digitigrade legs.

If there's one thing I dislike about the original film's creature, it's that it's so painfully obvious it's just a man in a suit when you finally see it at the end of the movie. In that regard I actually really dig the digitigrade legs, because it's more inhuman and unsettling. They looked great in Alien: Isolation.

OpenMaw

Goddamn, those AVP:R aliens are so awful. Jesus.

Personally I could go for either Alien or Aliens style warriors. My primary concern is that the creature be lit well, demonstrate the grace and ferocity that it did back in the day, and that they do not resort to the noisey, lip quivering, nonsense that the Alien has suffered since Resurrection.

stroggificated

stroggificated

Maybe i'm wrong, but i also doubt an Alien could move properly through vents with manlike legs.
Kane's son with animalistic legs i would vote.
It, actually.
^
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:00:07 PM
Just for a laugh.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/productionstills/productionstill36.jpg

8)

Nightmare Asylum

I would love to see the Alien and Aliens variants coexisting in one film as well, with some variants on each of them depending on various circumstances (host, genetic tampering, perhaps a diffident strain of Aliens altogether, etc).

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AM
Blomkamp seems to be a big enthusiast of the original Alien design -- seeing as he owns a Sideshow bust of it -- what kind of Alien design would you like to see in the new film?

I wouldn't mind seeing both the Alien and Aliens variation. I would also welcome something akin to the new Alien: Isolation Alien... Giger Alien with digitigrade legs.

Exactly what you said essentially.

Also I believe their is nothing wrong with the Deacon- is just isn't an Alien.

Nightmare Asylum

I like the Deacon, though it is perhaps not the design I would have settled on. I would have gone with something more primordial, ancient looking. Perhaps more biomechanically weaponized, given the nature of its creation. I love the mouth though. The idea of an Alien-offshot (or precursor, whatever the film's intentions were) is an interesting one.

I think it was Omega that said a while back that the Deacon reminded him of Venom, and I'm kind of inclined to agree.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 01:43:50 PM
I like the Deacon, though it is perhaps not the design I would have settled on. I would have gone with something more primordial, ancient looking. Perhaps more biomechanically weaponized, given the nature of its creation. I love the mouth though. The idea of an Alien-offshot (or precursor, whatever the film's intentions were) is an interesting one.

I think it was Omega that said a while back that the Deacon reminded him of Venom, and I'm kind of inclined to agree.

I do like the Ghostly Deacon more though.

Nightmare Asylum

The white Carlos Huante design?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think it was Terx2 calling the Deacon a Venom relative or something like that. As far as Proto-Aliens go, there was a perfect fan concept design that looked like a prehistoric Alien -- heavily inspired by Giger's concepts, but with a stronger jawline. Can't find it, but it was a marvel. Far better than anything in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed