Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,332 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 12, 2021, 08:52:06 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/ridley-scott-interview-last-duel-b1936054.html%3famp

" He refuses point blank to tell me anything about Gladiator 2 – "No! No!" he cries– but he's more vocal about the Alien franchise, which he resurrected with 2012's origin story Prometheus. "I never showed an alien in it" – it still made $404 million at the box office – "and the studio ... said, 'See, it didn't do so well!' Really?" He returned with 2017's Alien: Covenant, "put the aliens back in there", and the film made much less: $240m worldwide. "When you've got a marvellous beast, it does wear out and you have to actually think again."

Umm... Mr. Scott, I think that the beast is not the cause of lower box-office...

Quote from: seattle24 on Oct 12, 2021, 08:52:06 AM

" The franchise is now being rebooted as a TV series by Noah Hawley (who successfully turned Fargo into a long-running show). Wherever they go, whatever they do, "It'll never be as good as the first one," he grins. "That's what I'll say."

Doesn't sound like he's involved with the TV series to me....

Yeah. It looks like he didn't  get his piece of cake. But hey - he kept the franchise around 10 years. The fresh blood is extremely necessary.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 12, 2021, 11:17:50 PM
Reminder that Ridley Scott's list of top 5 sci-fi movies includes both Alien and Blade Runner. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFef_YAG0c

"Then I'd do ... Alienbladerunner. Hehehe, I'm not gonna be modest about that"

Man has quite an ego. Can't really say he didn't earn it though  :D

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Oct 13, 2021, 04:49:52 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Oct 13, 2021, 03:15:55 AM
give the 3rd David film to.. Villeneuve.  :laugh:

(then Ridley would truly die of a salt overdose)
He didn't like blade runner 2048?

He said it was too long or something

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 12, 2021, 03:28:05 PM
Right up Scott's street?

Oh, yeah. From what we've seen so far, it certainly is.

Just awaiting something back before we share this to the front page, but honestly I just think this is a little tongue in cheek.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Evanus on Oct 13, 2021, 06:21:54 AM
Boy does it suck being a fan of Prometheus and Covenant.

Anyway if we never see David again that would be the biggest waste of a character ever.

Because I like David/Walter, I disagree. I don't want him to be killed off-screen for some stupidity. Or that the new film again had an open end. Or it became the beginning of a new trilogy. Again. Just keep David as an eternal cosmic threat, which hiding among the stars.

I still remember the plans about Prometheus saga - it will be a trilogy.
And the people who thought and still think that the Covenant is the second film are wrong.
Because during Covenant's filming, marketing, releasing  there were a Ridley's words that the Prometheus was a mistake and the Covenant is a new start of a new trilogy. Not a Prometheus trilogy, but a Covenant trilogy.
Also, he said that he could make two, three or even six more films as a prequels.

P.S. iirc in 2019/2020 I've read that Covenant goes wrong and he want to make another film, which will be a start for a new trilogy. Semi-clear start. Again.

Kane's other son

Ridley is 83 years old. He has no desire to be diplomatic.
What's interesting is that he pretty much confirms that Fox torpedoed his ideas for Prometheus 2 and made him include the aliens. They treated Prometheus as a failure and it backfired spectacularly.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2021, 08:12:44 AM
Right up Scott's street?

Just awaiting something back before we share this to the front page, but honestly I just think this is a little tongue in cheek.

Evanus

Quote from: Drukathi on Oct 13, 2021, 08:27:45 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Oct 13, 2021, 06:21:54 AM
Boy does it suck being a fan of Prometheus and Covenant.

Anyway if we never see David again that would be the biggest waste of a character ever.

Because I like David/Walter, I disagree. I don't want him to be killed off-screen for some stupidity. Or that the new film again had an open end. Or it became the beginning of a new trilogy. Again. Just keep David as an eternal cosmic threat, which hiding among the stars.

I still remember the plans about Prometheus saga - it will be a trilogy.
And the people who thought and still think that the Covenant is the second film are wrong.
Because during Covenant's filming, marketing, releasing  there were a Ridley's words that the Prometheus was a mistake and the Covenant is a new start of a new trilogy. Not a Prometheus trilogy, but a Covenant trilogy.
Also, he said that he could make two, three or even six more films as a prequels.

P.S. iirc in 2019/2020 I've read that Covenant goes wrong and he want to make another film, which will be a start for a new trilogy. Semi-clear start. Again.
Oh I want a lot more David, he's been the highlight of these films for me. Not doing anything with the character now would be a waste IMO.

I think Scott's plan was to just keep cranking out more films if the previous one did well. Then Covenant underperformed and the studio probably lost interest. I'm glad they're using elements from the prequels in new stuff though.

Right up Scott's street?

Pls tell me this means there's an army of Michael Fassbenders in it

Nightmare Asylum

Right up Scott's street?

Waiting on this news with bated breath...

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, it's not that exciting. Just a little confirmation.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2021, 11:23:23 AM

seattle24

Quote from: Kane's other son on Oct 13, 2021, 08:58:34 AM
Ridley is 83 years old. He has no desire to be diplomatic.
What's interesting is that he pretty much confirms that Fox torpedoed his ideas for Prometheus 2 and made him include the aliens. They treated Prometheus as a failure and it backfired spectacularly.

To be fair he's spoken like this for a while. I remember he had quite an explicit dig at having to put the Alien back in during a Hollywood round table interview that included Seth Rogen.

Right up Scott's street?

Obviously I know nothing but the feelers I'm getting is this might be like Prometheus and start life as an Alien project before evolving into something with tangible links, only. Here we go again  ;D

Voodoo Magic

You're such a tease Hicks!  :laugh:

Kane's other son

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Oct 12, 2021, 09:59:32 PM
I still want closure and I want the prequels to stay canon, but this pisses me off.

Take it away from him.

Casually establish that the aliens existed before David, have a flashback or some ancillary material hint at how he met his destruction, then move on to new things.

Just regard Prometheus & Covenant as stories taking place in another dark corner of the Alien universe, instead of prequels.
David is somewhere out there, creating his version of the Alien and ruling his little biomechanical kingdom, with no ties to LV-426 and the Nostromo.

Kradan

Quote from: Kane's other son on Oct 13, 2021, 12:06:06 PM
Just regard Prometheus & Covenant as stories taking place in another dark corner of the Alien universe, instead of prequels.
David is somewhere out there, creating his version of the Alien and ruling his little biomechanical kingdom, with no ties to LV-426 and the Nostromo.

My thoughts exactly. Main issue I have with prequels is that they inevitably would have to link back to the original movie and I for the life of me can't think of a satisfying way to do that. I wish they would just abandon whole "prequel" aspect and continue it from Covenant as it's own story without connecting it to 1979 Alien

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2021, 11:23:23 AM

A little confirmation might just be the biggest confirmation we've gotten since it was announced. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed