NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,199,553 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

We knew about the trio of AvP Arcade Predators, and Dutch was confirmed via prototype images, but this is the first I've heard about Linn and that's pretty awesome.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 24, 2017, 11:30:45 PM
We knew about the trio of AvP Arcade Predators, and Dutch was confirmed via prototype images, but this is the first I've heard about Linn and that's pretty awesome.

https://twitter.com/figures_dot_com/status/898580709123670017

Neca upload back in its day the upper sketch, however the Linn Kurosawa figure announce is a BOMB, I mean I couldnĀ“t believe it :o

dHunter333

dHunter333

cannot wait!

georgeromero

georgeromero

I'm not interested in this wave but I'm glad they are doing these for those who like these figures.

One thing I still don't understand is why Neca can produce Machiko, Dutch and AvP arcade human figures but no Harrigan?  I know Machiko is a big deal for most me included but I bet Harrigan would sell better than other human figures?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: georgeromero on Dec 31, 2017, 12:13:14 PM
I'm not interested in this wave but I'm glad they are doing these for those who like these figures.

One thing I still don't understand is why Neca can produce Machiko, Dutch and AvP arcade human figures but no Harrigan?  I know Machiko is a big deal for most me included but I bet Harrigan would sell better than other human figures?

Danny Glover may not have agreed to offer up his likeness for a figure.

Also, the AvP Arcade figures are more visually appealing on the pegs with their bright colors and sci-fi guns and stuff.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'd buy a Harrigan figure, but I can see why he'd likely warm the pegs if they made one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 31, 2017, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: georgeromero on Dec 31, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

Danny Glover may not have agreed to offer up his likeness for a figure.

Indeed. It seems like there gets to be a lot tangled up in the legalities around NECA being able to use likenesses. Or if NECA even go for them in the place.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I know they've been trying to get Carl Weathers to sign off on a Dillon figure for a long time now, but he doesn't seem to be interested (his likeness rights were included with the Rocky licence, but I don't think anyone's were with Predator, hence the lack of any human figures other than Dutch, who I seem to remember they contacted Arnold to acquire).

From the comments Randy has made on Twitter every now and then it doesn't seem like they're particularly interested in a Harrigan figure, chances are because they figure he would indeed just warm the pegs.

Kailem

Kailem

Oddly enough I was just looking at a pre-order listing for the bone throne when this packaging preview went up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/953737238868873221

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 17, 2018, 09:18:04 PM
Oddly enough I was just looking at a pre-order listing for the bone throne when this packaging preview went up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/953737238868873221

I can't wait to get that throne!

I wonder why we haven't seen a Dect. Schaefer figure? That would be cool. What I would love, is Cold War Predators. One can dream.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: dHunter333 on Dec 25, 2017, 09:04:22 AM

cannot wait!

That looks a bit...off. Would have liked more bulkiness on the body and Arnolds likeness in the face. But its still a prototype I guess.

Master

Master

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 19, 2018, 02:04:55 PM

cannot wait!

That looks a bit...off. Would have liked more bulkiness on the body and Arnolds likeness in the face. But its still a prototype I guess.

That's the way Dutch IV looked in AvP Arcade.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Master on Jan 19, 2018, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 19, 2018, 02:04:55 PM

cannot wait!

That's the way Dutch IV looked in AvP Arcade.

Dutch IV was way bulkier:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/AvP_arcade_characters.png
They are using a repainted Arnolds body with a new face which creates the "off" feeling.
If they are going with a more realistic look then Arnolds likeness would have made sense.

Master

Master

Yeah, I was talking about the face.

skhellter

skhellter

That looks f**king horrible.  :laugh:

The AVP Dutch customs that some people have made look way better... and those arent "professional" work.

Wweyland

Wweyland

This custom is going for a more realistic look and looks great:
http://www.toyark.com/attachments/21400d1375062220-avpahunter7.jpg

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed