Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,312 times)

The Old One

The Old One

100% Correct.

Voodoo Magic

Agreed Huggs?

100% Correct Huggs?

Is someone being payed off in 4k discs?

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs is usually a reliable narrator.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 07:45:05 PMIt's not about violence. Sons had plenty of violence, but went the entire series only being able to say sh*t and d*mn. It was unrealistic of human behavior, especially of those within a violent subculture, and took me right out of the experience.

Yeah, back when I actually watched The Walking Dead, it wound/cracked me up no end that you could see a zombie tear a man's eyeball out with its teeth, but heaven forbid you see a nipple or someone saying a swears!

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 22, 2019, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 07:45:05 PMIt's not about violence. Sons had plenty of violence, but went the entire series only being able to say sh*t and d*mn. It was unrealistic of human behavior, especially of those within a violent subculture, and took me right out of the experience.

Yeah, back when I actually watched The Walking Dead, it wound/cracked me up no end that you could see a zombie tear a man's eyeball out with its teeth, but heaven forbid you see a nipple or someone saying a swears!

No doubt.

Rick can throat bite a dudes esophagus out, but the dirtiest thing I remember anybody saying was when dude asked to see Hershel's stump. Granted, it was important data  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Noah Hawley is great. I absolutely love what I saw of Fargo.

I still want Ridley's third prequel to take precedence, but if we are going to delve into Alien as a miniseries, Hawley is a pretty excellent choice to hand the reigns to.

The Old One

The Old One

The first Fargo series is excellent.

Enjoy

Enjoy

This would have been great even if each episode was a short story. A set of five stories from five directors/film workers doing five different stories set in the alien universe. Some could just ignore the alien entierly and be about the company and a synthetic life form  like David and his or her  inner dialog and how it may differ from what he or she is actuly expressing and showing to human beings.

MrH

just going to chuck this in here. its important to note that the initial report and the follow up report stated things were in development, an idea, being pitched, is not in development. also, the same report that is being used to confirm this narrative also states that disney plans to only let fox release four movies and four streaming services per year.

I highly doubt any of those will be the alien franchise.

the same article being used to try and confirm something, also proves its false.  enjoy.

https://youtu.be/UW1vDm000yE

HudsonGAMEOVERMANGAMEOVER

I hadn't revisited our report from January but we actually mentioned Noah Hawley in there because our source had mentioned him in describing the information, a Noah Hawley type series. They didn't come out and say he was involved but it adds some legitimacy to the source for sure.

"Details are scarce at the moment but there might be multiple seasons that could tackle different corners/eras of the franchise, not unlike Noah Hawley's series Fargo." 

https://twitter.com/HNEsocial/status/1095816659808501761

Quote from: MrH on Mar 23, 2019, 02:33:46 PM
just going to chuck this in here. its important to note that the initial report and the follow up report stated things were in development, an idea, being pitched, is not in development. also, the same report that is being used to confirm this narrative also states that disney plans to only let fox release four movies and four streaming services per year.

the same article being used to try and confirm something, also proves its false.  enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1vDm000yE

Full disclosure myself and Mr. H had a bit of a blowout last month and he has a bit of an axe to grind with myself.

MrH

MrH

no axe to grind at all, im just sharing a counter opinion and I detailed quotes references and sources in the video description. no axe to grind at all. the facts speak for themselves and im just sharing it.

lets not be petty, nothing about my post or my video shows I have an axe to grind.
on the contrary, its just journalism, you have to quote, you have to reference. again, lets not be childish here. its standard journalism practices.

Quote from: HudsonGAMEOVERMANGAMEOVER on Mar 23, 2019, 02:36:12 PM
I hadn't revisited our report from January but we actually mentioned Noah Hawley in there because our source had mentioned him in describing the information, a Noah Hawley type series. They didn't come out and say he was involved but it adds some legitimacy to the source for sure.

"Details are scarce at the moment but there might be multiple seasons that could tackle different corners/eras of the franchise, not unlike Noah Hawley's series Fargo." 

https://twitter.com/HNEsocial/status/1095816659808501761

Quote from: MrH on Mar 23, 2019, 02:33:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW1vDm000yE

Full disclosure myself and Mr. H had a bit of a blowout last month and he has a bit of an axe to grind with me.

Quote from: MrH on Mar 23, 2019, 02:38:47 PM
no axe to grind at all, im just sharing a counter opinion and I detailed quotes references and sources in the video description. no axe to grind at all. the facts speak for themselves and im just sharing it.

lets not be petty, nothing about my post or my video shows I have an axe to grind.
on the contrary, its just journalism, you have to quote, you have to reference. again, lets not be childish here. its standard journalism practices.

If you were sharing an opinion you should have been a little more upfront it was just an opinion and you don't have a lot of your own information to refute things, making an opinion video isn't actual journalism it's just an editorial. Journalism is sourcing which we did and why we may have actually mentioned Noah Hawley in our reporting from January, which you pointed out. Everything is up in the air at Fox as Disney cleans house and what does and doesn't get made is very unclear. I wouldn't be making any declarations that stuff won't be made when you have no idea what Alan Horn will be doing with the IP within the next year.

If you want to hash this out on Twitter we can, I'll unblock you right now. I don't hold grudges but I don't like letting my temper get the best of me so I removed you before that even took.

MrH

MrH

the video opens with stating its an editorial.....  ???
in editorials you can reference, journalism by definition is the following - "the activity or profession of writing for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast"

that accounts for editorials and opinion pieces, I sourced the facts, which I say in the video and I link in the description box, thats journalism, by literal definition.......

I have no axe to grind, I merely plotted everything, I referenced everything, I gave every fact there was, even the ones that had been left out from your article I believe, I even referenced myself.
but this is just journalism, just another opinion, why should yours be the only one in the mix?  ??? you dont have a monopoly on this and when I clearly see some misreporting, I wanted to outline the entire facts. a pitch, is not, absolutely not, development.

appreciate the incredibly kind gesture of unblocking me, but I won't be graciously accepting. I literally only came here to post my video, because I felt the opposing view was a good one. and then you said I had an axe to grind, which is incorrect. completely.
take care  :)

Quote from: MrH on Mar 23, 2019, 02:50:10 PM
the video opens with stating its an editorial.....  ???
in editorials you can reference, journalism by definition is the following - "the activity or profession of writing for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast"

that accounts for editorials and opinion pieces, I sourced the facts, which I say in the video and I link in the description box, thats journalism, by literal definition.......

I have no axe to grind, I merely plotted everything, I referenced everything, I gave every fact there was, even the ones that had been left out from your article I believe, I even referenced myself.
but this is just journalism, just another opinion, why should yours be the only one in the mix?  ??? you dont have a monopoly on this and when I clearly see some misreporting, I wanted to outline the entire facts. a pitch, is not, absolutely not, development.

appreciate the incredibly kind gesture of unblocking me, but I won't be graciously accepting. I literally only came here to post my video, because I felt the opposing view was a good one. and then you said I had an axe to grind, which is incorrect. completely.
take care  :)

Fair enough, I guess nobody needs to be friends.

I think I'd respect that video more if you weren't calling me out by name and instead of simply mentioning my outlet which is the norm, and then trying to insert yourself when you offer next to zero of your own information and seemingly really only have a semantics issue. So yeah, I feel that is trying to make it personal from my perspective. Editorials are fine when the person does them isn't acting as a gatekeeper to the franchise being covered and seemingly more concerned about their own status of information sharing. I get people are super protective of this stuff. I started out here on the boards of AVPGalaxy in the early 2000s before I assume most people currently on here were even born. I also cover many many different projects and have a long-standing record of reporting stuff beyond this franchise. I wish I could see this video as some vetting of the stuff I put out but it feels/sounds a little more accusatory and petty.

MrH

MrH

your view of journalism and mine are clearly different then, but if you are the source and not the outlet itself and you change outlets, its a pretty important factor, in my view.
therefore your name should have been mentioned, because its a piece to the puzzle.
I dont care where you started, I dont care about your history, none of that is relevant to me just posting my video. again, lets not be petty or childish about it all. you dont have the monopoly. let your journalism do the talking if you're so confident in it  :)

anyway, this has been, something, im off like I said I was, if you want to contact me directly, my email address is in every video description.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed