30 Days for 30 Years / 30th Anniversary of Alien 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2022, 03:29:27 PM

Author
30 Days for 30 Years / 30th Anniversary of Alien 3 (Read 8,102 times)

Local Trouble

I'd be more surprised if Hicks was actually sleeping.  Everyone knows that he's not happy unless he's overworked and sleep-deprived.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 22, 2022, 05:28:35 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 04:45:58 PMSomebody, wake up Hicks

He's awake. :)

There's a rumor going around that he said "To hell with Alien3, I'm going to watch Predator 2 again!" but I can't confirm the validity of that.

Tell him to tear that goddamn lazy ass of his from the couch and stop enjoying himself because that 30th anniversary retrospective podcast won't upload itself ! And you've done one for P2 already ! Whaddafuk !? >:(

Spoiler
Maybe you happen to have it, by any chance ?
[close]

xeno_alpha_07

I'll try...lets see if the 'wake up hicks' card wakes him:

Kradan

I begin to be actually worried. Hope he is OK

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 06:40:21 PMI begin to be actually worried. Hope he is OK

He's fine. This one is just an extraordinary larger undertaking to prepare.

Kradan

Kradan

Phew. Glad to hear that, thanks, Voodoo, no pro-ADI comments for 24 hours

May 22, 2022, 07:15:21 PM

Any chance it will be out tomorrow ?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 06:40:21 PMI begin to be actually worried. Hope he is OK

It's a long drive up to Dawdon beach... ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 07:13:16 PMPhew. Glad to hear that, thanks, Voodoo, no pro-ADI comments for 24 hours

May 22, 2022, 09:15:21 PM

Any chance it will be out tomorrow ?

Perfection is not a slave to time!

(Basically, I don't know :) )

Kradan

Kradan

Tell him he still needs to sleep ! We can wait

May 22, 2022, 08:41:39 PM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 22, 2022, 08:22:51 PMPerfection is not a slave to time!

(Basically, I don't know :) )

Than don't do the whole "30 days till" thing. :P "When it's done" would suffice just fine

May 22, 2022, 08:46:13 PM

I'm sorry if I sound like an ungrateful asshole. I just was too excited for that episode coming out today

Corporal Hicks

It wasn't a 30 days countdown for the podcast release. It was just a countdown to the films release! The episode should be out this week, but it was a beast of an episode and there were more guests than usual.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 22, 2022, 05:50:19 PMI'd be more surprised if Hicks was actually sleeping.  Everyone knows that he's not happy unless he's overworked and sleep-deprived.

Happy is the wrong word. It's more "standard operation." I miss the days of sleeping in.

Kradan

But you've released Predators and Predator 2 retrospectives on their respective anniversary dates ! You've missed it with Aliens tho  :P

I'm of course being only half-serious. I understand that we are all people and we all have our lives to deal with and I was wrong expecting the episode to drop right on anniversary date. I would like to apologise for being somewhat disrespectful. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't forgotten and that episide is gonna be a juicy one.

And remember - you still need to sleep, Corporal, even when assholes like me keep bothering you !

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on May 23, 2022, 09:13:58 AMI understand that we are all people and we all have our lives to deal with and I was wrong expecting the episode to drop right on anniversary date. I would like to apologise for being somewhat disrespectful. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't forgotten and that episide is gonna be a juicy one.

And remember - you still need to sleep, Corporal, even when assholes like me keep bothering you !

There's no shame in being impatient, you live in an occupied city in the middle of a vicious and bloody war. One lives day-by-day, never knowing if there will be a tomorrow, relishing the small pleasures in life.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on May 23, 2022, 09:13:58 AMBut you've released Predators and Predator 2 retrospectives on their respective anniversary dates ! You've missed it with Aliens tho  :P

I missed it with Alien as well. By a long shot because I thought we did a crap job on it, until I actually sat down to listen to what we'd recorded. lol It had been my intention to have the episode ready for Sunday, but we recorded it a week later than I would have liked and it was just a lot of us and a lot of audio.

Don't worry about badgering me. I like it. It's nice to know folk are eager for it. :) But as always, it'll be ready when it's f**king ready!!! :P

May 23, 2022, 11:01:15 AM

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on May 22, 2022, 06:29:55 PM

I'm afraid the effect fizzled.

Kradan

Thank you, Eighth Passenger, I appreciate you saying that, I really do. But the war in Ukraine doesn't just magically cancel daily problems that people in other countries have, does it ? It's not Corporal's fault that this shitstorm started. Numerous times he expressed his solidarity and I am grateful for that. But he, you (and all of members here, for that matter) still have their lives and all the fun that comes with that. Somebody just became a parent,  somebody takes care of an ill mother, somebody lost a job or got screwed over by social services, somebody's lawn just get pissed over. These are problems however insignificant they may seem in comparision to people dying in war. They are important as long as they're important to you. I say that  because I know that I wouldn't have acted any differently if war had knocked on your door instead of mine. Even as it is I'm in a much better position than many MANY Ukranians right now.  I still get upset over miniscule things even though it's absurd. I fear my phone might get broken and I wouldn't be able to have it fixed at the same time people are losing homes, limbs or lives. The way I see it that's just how humans are, we cannot be fully satisfied, we need problems, they are what our lives consist of, if all problems are resolved human being will start looking for them. And doesn't matter how small these problems may seem. I just do my best trying to keep that in mind

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2022, 11:00:45 AM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on May 22, 2022, 06:29:55 PM

I'm afraid the effect fizzled.

Damn, well at least I tried  :laugh:

QuoteDon't worry about badgering me. I like it. It's to know folk are eager for it. :) But as always, it'll be ready when it's f**king ready!!! :P

I nearly choked on my coffee reading that  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed