Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,310 times)

SM

I think it was the colour grading that caused issues, rather than the lighting.

Voodoo Magic

To the main topic: Putting AVPR's narrative and lighting problems asside, in my opinion I believe Wolf offers a great deal of tasty morsels for Predator fans which, in itself, is very fun to watch.

However, unless one has warmed to the Predalien, this movie hardly has anything to offer for Alien fans, which understandably generates a lot of ill will from that side of the community.

The Cruentus

Wolf was highly incompetent though, so while he may look cool and is only the least of the problems of that movies, he is rubbish as well

Voodoo Magic

You can tell by Wolf's burned face and blind eye, he hasn't always made the best decisions...  ;D ...however in this big, dumb monster movie, calling him highly incompetent is overstating it in my opinion , i.e. excessive scrutinization for what it is. All in all, I still have fun with him.

SM

His job was to wipe out all trace of the Aliens and singularly failed.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Nov 08, 2018, 07:18:46 PM
His job was to wipe out all trace of the Aliens and singularly failed.

The predalien escaping above ground and unleashing hordes of aliens upon Gunnison led to the whole town getting nuked, and consequently, wiped out all traces of the infestation.  ;D

Perhaps they really did know what they were doing when they sent Wolf. Maybe he was not their ultimate badass. Maybe he was the Ernest P. Worrell of planet predator.

"Send Ernie. The Oomans will have to destroy everything"

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I also always felt like it was very possible one or more aliens simply wandered off, subsequently leaving the blast zone before the bomb was dropped.

So maybe there are still a few critters lurking around down there.

I guess that bit always bothered me. Since there were really no boundaries to keep the Aliens contained, nobody knows for sure if some decided to go their own direction.

Huggs

Quote from: DerelictShip on Nov 09, 2018, 05:10:19 AM
I also always felt like it was very possible one or more aliens simply wandered off, subsequently leaving the blast zone before the bomb was dropped.

So maybe there are still a few critters lurking around down there.

I guess that bit always bothered me. Since there were really no boundaries to keep the Aliens contained, nobody knows for sure if some decided to go their own direction.

I always felt the same way, and have said it on here before. I don't think the nuke could get them all. Even if it was just somebody infected who managed to drive away. But that particular storyline is over. If there is ever another AVP, I don't think it will follow the original two. So any escaping xenos are of no consequence, most likely.

SM

The Aliens are going to be wear the meat is - the hospital and Gilliam Circle.  Even if they were nabbing animals in the woods - they're going to bring them back to the hive.

skull-splitter

I honestly just didn't care, nor did I take issues with those scenes. Gruesome, absolutely, but all very much gigeresque and arguably some of the better parts of the film when it comes to acting and shock factor. The rest of the film is just so damn bland that it numbs.

The film is what happens if you let fanboys toy around with a beloved franchise.
Skyline was a bit of the same: interesting concept, piss poor execution.

What bothers me is that after AvP-R Fox said that the script Black wrote was OK enough. People blame it all on Black, but it is as much on Fred Dekker and whoever in charge at Fox greenlighting this.

Frosty Venom

AVPR has much better concepts than The Predator but the execution is so shit, that The Predator remains the superior film in my opinion.

Out of the not-so-respected films in the franchise (compared to Alien, Aliens and Predator) I'd rank them best to worst for my personal enjoyment value like this:

Alien Resurrection
Alien 3
Predators
Alien Covenant
AVP
Prometheus
Predator 2
The Predator
AVPR

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 05:43:26 AMI'd rank them best to worst for my personal enjoyment value like this:

Alien Resurrection
Alien 3
Predators
Alien Covenant
AVP
Prometheus
Predator 2.  <======   >:(
The Predator
AVPR

For that, Voodoo Magic has you now in his sights.

;)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2019, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 05:43:26 AMI'd rank them best to worst for my personal enjoyment value like this:

Alien Resurrection
Alien 3
Predators
Alien Covenant
AVP
Prometheus
Predator 2.  <======   >:(
The Predator
AVPR

For that, Voodoo Magic has you now in his sights.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LazyTemptingChameleon-size_restricted.gif

;)

I called this when I read that post earlier, but I chose not to say anything. Just because.

Frosty Venom

Predator 2 is still levels above The Predator and AVPR

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 09, 2019, 02:50:00 PM
I called this when I read that post earlier, but I chose not to say anything. Just because.

You know me oh too well!  ;D

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 09, 2019, 03:04:51 PM
Predator 2 is still levels above The Predator and AVPR

And is that supposed to make it all better?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed