Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,266 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 10, 2019, 09:32:42 PM
You guys gotta stop watching the DVD.  ;D

It makes all the difference!

DVD

Blu-ray

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Voodoo Magic

Why you low down dirty rat bast...

Okay, that was funny  :laugh:

Wysps

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 10, 2019, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 10, 2019, 09:58:45 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Oct 10, 2019, 09:32:42 PM
You guys gotta stop watching the DVD.  ;D

It makes all the difference!

DVD
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b8/a9/27/b8a927b48410015b9827c3963a1e5474.gif

Blu-ray
https://y.yarn.co/98648d91-3ea2-4a50-8378-bd5cdbc94f3e_text.gif

Indeed.

AVP: Requiem DVD
https://i.imgur.com/ShjKzxL.png

AVP: Requiem Blu-ray

Well played  :D

If I included both the DVD and Blu-Ray in the "annul rite of passage" (lol Voodoo), maybe I could look for this reported difference between the two. Alas, that would mean twice the vice and too many AvPR's for my liking  :(

[cancerblack]

Honestly, playing the DVD with a bit of goofing with brightness and contrast settings yields essentially the same results as the bluray. It's still trash but you can see more suit details.

And either version is still less bland and insipid than AvP (2004).

P-Rock

At least in AVP you can see what the hell is going on and it doesn't look like two amateurs shot it in a couple of days.

Oh, and Lance Henriksen.

Voodoo Magic

Kradan

Better acted character .

[cancerblack]

Quote from: P-Rock on Oct 11, 2019, 09:25:46 PM
At least in AVP you can see what the hell is going on and it doesn't look like two amateurs shot it in a couple of days.

Oh, and Lance Henriksen.

Being utterly bland and forgettable is a greater sin than being memorably trashy IMO.

426Buddy

Personally I greatly pefer AvP. There are a few great visuals atleast imo and there is a certain entertainment value to it. Scientists on an adventure into the artic to dicover an ancient alien pyramid is far less bland than small town America, pizza boys, and highschool bully problems..

[cancerblack]

And yet I can remember that the generic teen protagonist was called Ricky. The only character name I can remember from AvP is Weyland, which... isn't really from AvP is it?

426Buddy

I didnt even know pizza boy had a name.

SM

Ricky Howard.  Born October 29, 1986.

Huggs

Died after murdering a woman and mutilating her cat.

Kimarhi

I think I prefer AvP just because you can actually see what the f**k is going on.  It IS pretty bland and I think it becomes pretty boring once all the nameless mercs are taken out. 

AvP2 had the best death scene when cheerleader girl is shuriken'd to the wall. 

They are both I have nothing better to do on a rainy day movies that probably killed any kind of chance for a legit AvP movie to be made. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed