OXM UK Reviews AvP

Started by Darkness, Feb 11, 2010, 06:38:55 PM

Author
OXM UK Reviews AvP (Read 4,763 times)

Darkness

Darkness

As promised, here’s the scans to the AvP review in the Official X-Box Magazine which went on sale today in the UK. It scored 8/10 as we previously heard. The review is very positive, the game is faithful to the films, great atmosphere, they loved the Marine campaign. The only criticism is that the Alien and Predator campaigns aren’t as strong as the Marine campaign.

Thanks to Corporal Hicks for scanning this in.

Ben

Ben

Another 8, this is a good. The beloved first AVP's scored around here as well, so if we keep seeing 8 or higher as we have, then there is no doubt the game will deliver.

predatorlover

predatorlover

don't know if its true that the alien and predator are weaker then the marines,if yourself play as a alien or predator you can easily kill much just as much enemies. (maybe they say it because marine campaign is a basic and shooter  mode and they aren't used to complex mode like predator and alien campaign

R4C HUNTER

R4C HUNTER

I'm sure that i saw somewhere that IGN had awarded the game an 8.5, great news for us fans

spinksy

spinksy

Awesome news!!!

-Grenadier-

-Grenadier-

If the game scores 8.5 or higher this could mean that the expansion will kick ass if Rebellion pay enough attention to fan feedback. For instance, Gamespot gave ET Quake Wars 8.5, a awesome game which deserved 8.9/9.0. so
I have faith in this one   ;D  

plagiarize

plagiarize

'The only criticism is that the Alien and Predator campaigns aren't as strong as the Marine campaign.' That was pretty much the consensus on the first two games as well... so if that's the only true issue with the final game I can definately live with that.

BSW624

BSW624

@ predatorlover from what Ive learned from the Mp demo if you have any idea on how to play the class you are you wont be at a disadvantage against another class.

tommacool

tommacool

Why do people care so much for reviews? Play the game for yourself and you be the judge! If you are not sure about buying the game, just watch some gameplay movies, they say more than thousand words.
I know I will love this game. I loved the first avp from rebellion and after playing the demo and watching gameplay movies I know it will be good. I dont need a reviewer to change my mind. Reviewers have a limited time reviewing the game, so therefore they cant enjoy it as much as the players. I think that most reviewers doesnt even finish the game before giving it a score.
So guys, if it gets a 5 / 10 or 10/10 score doesnt matter. Try it out for yourself

PredsFTW

PredsFTW

I'm loving this game right now.  Me and a buddy we've played since the first AvP and in the demo we've been consistantly finshing in Top 3 (1&2,2&3,1&3) no matter the species, but we do tend to dominate when we are the Preds just because we dont have to worry about other same species sneaky Sk's.  Its just like old times for us, so reviews have never really mattered to us and we hope this game sells, so we can have some fun competition! Happy Hunting!

alien90

alien90

who cares what the "Critics" say....  If you like it then you like it play the demo if youre not sure... I never listen to reviews...

Axlotl

Axlotl

The pred in the magazine looks terrible.

Mystic

Mystic

I'm sure that when they say the alien and predator campaigns aren't as strong, they are making reference towards the plot and not the gameplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed