Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

Author
Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images (Read 39,818 times)

Cvalda

Dead humanoid alien = OMG NO!

Hissing, clearly threatening snake-like monstrosity = OMG how cute!!! <3

Magegg

The movie is better without the deleted scenes.

Vickers

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 14, 2012, 04:25:10 AM

Well, I don't think anyone can say that without having seen all of the deleted scenes.  We haven't even seen half of them.

I watched the film again with the deleted scenes released so far edited back into the film.  And while it won't convert any non-fans, it was a small improvement.

Karl

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 14, 2012, 08:42:00 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Sep 14, 2012, 04:25:10 AM

Well, I don't think anyone can say that without having seen all of the deleted scenes.  We haven't even seen half of them.

I watched the film again with the deleted scenes released so far edited back into the film.  And while it won't convert any non-fans, it was a small improvement.

There's a fanedit already?

Cvalda

In some circles.

Karl

Hmm. Wouldn't see the point in downloading a fan edit just yet but once all the deleted scenes are out there I really hope that a fan edited extended cut will happen.

Vickers

Quote from: Karl on Sep 14, 2012, 10:58:23 PM
Hmm. Wouldn't see the point in downloading a fan edit just yet but once all the deleted scenes are out there I really hope that a fan edited extended cut will happen.

Well it's something that gives us a small taste of what's to come.  And it's already showing promising signs of a better version.

Tough little S.O.B.

I live in China and i just come from one of that big and amazing FAKE DVD shops they have and saw the prometheus DVD. Comming up so early I thought it would be an screener or just the movie. But it actually comes with all the extras and everything. So its the ripp off of the official DVD :P

Gonna watch it now. Doubt that there is anything there that make me change my opinion of the movie tho ( I think its a really bad movie).

SpeedyMaxx

I'd have to see all the deleted scenes to determine what I'd add back in.  And they won't be available til the Blu-Ray.

I know I'd put back the crew meeting after the first expedition, and probably the alternate version of the Shaw/Holloway scene.  And I guess the longer Vickers/Weyland scene.  But a lot of stuff from the first dump online was also extraneous and not really needed.

I might check out the Weyland Investors cut for giggles.  But I was pretty happy with the film as is.

antovolk

Hmmm...I know someone on PrometheusForum was working on their own cut, but now there's one going around...interesting.

Anyway, I should be starting work on the Weyland Investors Cut (yes, I do run http://weylandinvestors.com and @weylandinvestor) as soon as Tuesday, hence the iTunes version of the film has all the deleted scenes as well.

Snowdog

Quote from: antovolk on Sep 16, 2012, 03:02:39 PM
Hmmm...I know someone on PrometheusForum was working on their own cut, but now there's one going around...interesting.

Anyway, I should be starting work on the Weyland Investors Cut (yes, I do run http://weylandinvestors.com and @weylandinvestor) as soon as Tuesday, hence the iTunes version of the film has all the deleted scenes as well.

I saw your question on the site
Spoiler
Please leave the deacon scene where it is ;D
[close]

antovolk

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 16, 2012, 03:11:52 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Some already mentioned that it's best if I left it in, so I'll do that :)
[close]

Snowdog

Quote from: antovolk on Sep 16, 2012, 03:16:51 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 16, 2012, 03:11:52 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Some already mentioned that it's best if I left it in, so I'll do that :)
[close]

Awesome ^^ when you're done, how do one get your extended version ?? you put it available for download ? :)

antovolk

Links will probably go around via PMs, also I'll get info up/submit it to fanedit.org (already done a workprint edit there of Avengers but since it's just a workprint due to unfinished VFX it's not up on the main site). Basically, per fanedit.org, the official rule is you must legally own one of the home media versions (DVD/BD/digital download) to watch it legally without it being considered pirating.
Spoiler

I might work with a couple of people on doing a livestream of it somewhere etc ;)
[close]

Snowdog

Will own that movie from day 1 ;D But i would love to see your extended fan edit ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed