Single Player/Coop Help & Discussion (Video Walkthroughs)

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 06:23:59 PM

Author
Single Player/Coop Help & Discussion (Video Walkthroughs) (Read 89,815 times)

UDA

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2013, 08:48:48 PM
Full playlist for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo_yjqpUOFoQjfsMKYszR3-FsonjnUAVi

My system is telling me there's malware there, which is weird because it's youtube...

Corporate Merc

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2013, 08:48:48 PM
Full playlist for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo_yjqpUOFoQjfsMKYszR3-FsonjnUAVi

This walkthrough is the best one imo, although its irritating when he dosent know what to do when its painfully obvious. The length of the campaign looks to be about average, not to short and not to long.

Space Sweeper

Everybody go to 1:25 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5sQl9_VMF4#ws

The Lurker is the best designed enemy in the game, bar-none. It actually feels like an Alien (aside from it's constantly give-away heavy breathing) and having to hunt for it creates a tense moment. This is probably the best example of its behavior I've seen so far, particularly impressed at how it tries to attack primarily from behind and then flees when you turn.

After seeing the god-awful waves of endless mood-murdering moronic Wey-Yu mercs and congo-line Alien warriors, this is a breath of fresh air.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Watching that makes me even more disappointed in how the other enemies turned out and how much better they could have been executed.  :'(

Blacklabel

The boilers seem pretty creepy too. Xeno zombies. brrr :P

acrediblesource

6:40 , is that how you die in the game? Models freeze,,bob up and down like that, and goes to  greyscale with monitor noise?
Thats a serious issue.

Space Sweeper

Yeah, it's probably the worst death screen I've ever seen.

And stuff

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 09, 2013, 01:39:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khh9il9YbLI#ws

Dat Gorilla Alien.
Spoiler
To be fair the Exosuit fight could have been awesome if it was more fluid and the alien wasn't so full of glitch by teleporting. The game doesn't even looks like as a BETA.
[close]

To be honest, I think that huge alien's design is pretty neat - especially compared with the other crap we've seen.. spitters and crushers and the like.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 10, 2013, 02:40:11 AM

I just f**king saw it...holy shit...that was...wow... f**k this game.

WinterActual

I like the AvP '10 "death screen" more. Its better to see your death through your own eyes.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 10, 2013, 01:58:35 AM
The boilers seem pretty creepy too. Xeno zombies. brrr :P

I don't know the exact feeling you get when you play the game but one of the videos the boiler's seem to get screwed up when they awaken from slumber. I'm not sure if this is a console thing but i sure hope this glitch doesn't happen on PC.

Paladinrja

Paladinrja

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 10, 2013, 12:13:36 PM

Just joined though I've been lurking Alien related sites for ages. This comment sums up how I feel about the whole thing, though my issue is particular to canon and treatment of the story.
I read your comment as someone thats intimately fed up with how every f**kin bastard that gets thier hands on this franchise just trashes it - 30yrs and it STILL takes Ridley to give it any credibility at all. I mean seriously. Watchin Alien as I type this, Ash just got his ass handed to him & god but I still can't stand Lambert.

Anyway, fuk this fanboy rant of a wannabe game. Just like Cameron, in one fell swoop Gearbox have screwed with 30 yrs of enjoyment. Anyone that gets this game is just supporting bad behaviour, though I hope people make up thier own minds

ShadowPred

Quote from: Paladinrja on Feb 10, 2013, 08:28:12 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 10, 2013, 12:13:36 PM

Just joined though I've been lurking Alien related sites for ages. This comment sums up how I feel about the whole thing, though my issue is particular to canon and treatment of the story.
I read your comment as someone thats intimately fed up with how every f**kin bastard that gets thier hands on this franchise just trashes it - 30yrs and it STILL takes Ridley to give it any credibility at all. I mean seriously. Watchin Alien as I type this, Ash just got his ass handed to him & god but I still can't stand Lambert.

Anyway, fuk this fanboy rant of a wannabe game. Just like Cameron, in one fell swoop Gearbox have screwed with 30 yrs of enjoyment. Anyone that gets this game is just supporting bad behaviour, though I hope people make up thier own minds

Agreed, although I'm not someone has is fed up with how the Alien franchise can't be taken in a good direction anymore, I don't think I'm that old, or that passionate about it to be in that mindset.

I will end up buying this game, but I'm not going to give any money to Gearbox and such, I'm planning on buying this game used and for cheap...that way, I'm just supporting my local retailer instead of a developer and publisher that clearly had no idea what they were doing. This is the first time I have ever done this willingly right off the bat.

Paladinrja

Same here. I'll try the Wii U version when its cheap, but I have a feeling it will be released at rock bottom rate, right off the bat. Already taken the game back once. Seems stupid to get it again. Only new Alien game out there.

RedHood

I've been trying to figure out this challenge but can't.

Double Tap: Kill 2 enemies that are stunned in a campaign mission

Do i heave to kill them at the same time while they are stunned? I've tried shooting enemies legs so they fall then i finish them off but it doesn't count. I must be missing something. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed