Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Engineers and Black Goo?
Last post by Highland - Today at 01:21:22 AM
Everyone gave cold forge rave reviews, but I thought it was just "decent"

I was waiting on some twists and turns that just never really hit.
Aliens: Colonial Marines / Re: If gearbox was afforded mo...
Last post by gold - Today at 01:17:29 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:09:10 AM
Quote from: gold on Today at 01:05:08 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:00:26 AMYou're just praising the mod, not the game itself you admit the game itself is not even a game.

You Compare based A:I and AFTE, To an enhance version of ACM. It's not a fair comparison. It can be easily done with either game.

The mod is not something different from the game. The mod IS the game. The way it was intended to be.
No, it not. Because the game was intended to look like this doesn't mean it would've been like this. It would not look as good as this mod because of limitations that The publishers gave Gearbox that has a stick up their own ass.

Well fine. It's a matter of definition then. TemplarGFX does push the lighting, smoke, fog, volumetrics and shadow detail of the engine to beyond what Gearbox did in 2013, overhauls everything else like AI and weapons with it.

To me that's still A:CM. As in when I open Steam and click A:CM that's the game I get. But I should be aware that for a whole bunch of console players they are stuck with what Gearbox released back in 2013.
Quote from: gold on Today at 01:05:08 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:00:26 AMYou're just praising the mod, not the game itself you admit the game itself is not even a game.

You Compare based A:I and AFTE, To an enhance version of ACM. It's not a fair comparison. It can be easily done with either game.

The mod is not something different from the game. The mod IS the game. The way it was intended to be.
No, it not. Because the game was intended to look like this doesn't mean it would've been like this. It would not look as good as this mod because of limitations that The publishers gave Gearbox that has a stick up their own ass.
Last post by gold - Today at 01:05:08 AM

I only compared the way ACM looks to A:I and AFTE. I'm sure the latter two could be modded to look even better. But neither give us the Aliens sequel story that I had wanted since those days. ACM (with the mod) actually looks surprisingly good. Better than stock AFTE anyway. But somehow I don't think A:I and AFTE will get a complete overhaul like Templar did. (First, they are nowhere near as broken as ACM was on release) and second, they also don't really have anything to do with James Cameron's Aliens. I can really understand why Templar went out of his way to do what he did for years with ACM. He obviously loved Aliens. Thank god he did his mod.

Saying "real fans" of Aliens isn't accurate or fair. I actually mean those people like me who saw Aliens in the cinema, got their hopes up and were bitterly let down by A3. People like me felt like we finally got the sequel we wanted after 27 years. (The story wasn't perfect but it was a hundred times better than the one we got in 1992).
I do want to see like a "ancestor" of the xenomorph.
Something similar to this  I'm fine with.
You're just praising the mod, not the game itself you admit the game itself is not even a game.

Last post by gold - Today at 12:50:26 AM
The base A:CM game didn't even qualify as a game. But the templar GFx 6.2 mod makes it completely different. You've probably heard of the "teather" bug. The single line in the .ini that was supposed to read "tether" that was discovered in 2019 I believe. It fixed the Xenomorph ai completely. Templars mod in addition changed the game. A complete overhaul. From the caseless explosive 10mm rounds of the pulse rifle -actually- being explosive rounds, to the whole balancing of the game, the shadows, the way your light works, everything. To the smart gun being available whenever you want. To xenomorph corpses remaining indefinitely where they fall. The acid blood "ai", the volumetric lighting, smoke, fog, etc. Too much to list. It looks nothing like when it was released in 2013. Just check Templargfx's page on moddb.

The modded game looks even better even than Alien Isolation and -way- better then Aliens: Fireteam.

PS: I love A3 (Assembly cut) for the depressing freak of a movie it is. I just hate it as "Aliens 2".

It's hard to explain, but those of us (well ok, let's say 90% of us) who saw A2 in the cinema remember the bitter sequel that was A3. A1 (one alien) was Ridley, A2 (many aliens) was Cameron, we -knew- that A3 had to be super special. We imagined A3 would be all out war on the Alien home world, or Alien War back on Earth, that we'd find out more lore, that we'd get an action movie to end all action movies with Hicks and Ripley as stars. The whole movie loving public loved Michael Biehn in the 80s.

Instead we got A3, which was a depressing hopeless hell hole of a small movie, with Hicks (and even little Newt) dead.

All we had left of that deep Aliens world was the ACMTM now.

So for -those- of us, A:CM in 2013 was a godsend. That it actually used the ACMTM as a base felt like a hug.

But the lies of RP and Gearbox and the E3 demo farce killed the game before it even started, not allowing many people to see what -was there- underneath the layer of feces (the story, the brilliant concept work by the returning Syd Mead), etc. TemplarGFx 6.2 gave us that.

So what I'm saying is that if you liked A2, were disappointed by A3, tried to like A:CM but couldn't get past the appaling release state, try it again with TemplarGFX.

It won't change the script, you either like that or you don't, and I love it.

Yeah it could have been better, and the world concept art by Craig Mullins looked amazing. A shame the cities were cut, but we did get Syd's actual work (what was he like 85 then?) augmented by Lorin Wood.
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:48:01 AM
And of course there will be a technobabble reason why the biofilter can't remove the chestburster embryos during transport.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Biofilter
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 12:43:52 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 12:33:06 AMAnd Captain Picard making a rousing speech about the fundamental rights of the Aliens to exist and breed?

It would be amusing to see Data go all Ash on his crewmates.

Worf telling the queen she has no honor, Troi telling us how the xenos are feeling, Riker getting horny for facehuggers , close up of a xeno drooling and hissing subtitled "shut up Wesley", Whoopie Goldberg cocooned up on a wall smiling and giving Picard a speech that boils down to "it is how it is", and Picard saving the day by switching off the holodeck safety protocols and mowing down the hive with a Tommy gun... I think it'd have been a real winner. 🤣
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed