Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,324 times)

Wweyland

Do these expansion miniatures add any actual value to the game or are they just cool to have?
I mean do they come with any gameplay cards and such?

Corporal Hicks

The originals did. I assume the unicast ones also do.

Wweyland

I bet they sell well even without the main game. People just buy them for keeping on the shelf.
The APC has me scratching my head of the gameplay value, but it sure looks good.

Deathbearer

Man If I could paint I'd be all over this game
Or if I had a group to play with
Or if I lived near a game shop that had strangers to play with

Corporal Hicks

I do believe it has a single player mode but I've not checked it out yet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://prodosgames.com/blog/hazard-containment-scenario-released

New scenario released. Seems to be to accompany the new commandos being released.

"The Hive is growing beyond our control. The Jautja make their final stand. Set up the charges and blow up the ship. Disable the controls for the Escape Pods to prevent any enemies surviving."

Ooops.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Unicast Queen and Commandos arrived!  ;D

And my special Valentine's Day Predator. They also included a Christmas mini with an Alien bursting out a present.

Mr. Domino

Post a pic of the Christmas mini! I haven't seen that one anywhere yet.

Corporal Hicks

Not the best image, sorry.

Mr. Domino

That's really cool-looking, though. I never heard anything about it at Christmas time. Planning on making an order over the next few days to get a Valentines pred, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll slip one in for me as well.

Corporal Hicks

Whatcha thinking of picking up?

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 09:05:22 AM
APC, Unicast Commandos, and possibly a Unicast Queen. Since They've been on-again, off-again about whether they're ever going to produce the clear Predators, I finally got ahold of someone and had them exchange all of those for a second ed core, Unicast Warriors, and Dancing Queen Chet, so I figure I might as well try and rebuild my enthusiasm for the game, and try to get back to having close to everything available for the game, despite my difficulties in getting up the enthusiasm to give them more money :-). Don't know that I'll ever buy a dropship, though. While it's super-cool, it would also be a super-difficult modelling project, particularly as I'd want to magnetize all the optional bits, and I just don't see diverting that much time and money from other pursuits for something that has no real use within the game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2018, 08:14:25 AM

Not the best image, sorry.

I'd buy that (I was gonna say for a dollar...Running Man quote appologies :D)  Even unpainted its good 8)

Morose

Not running man, Robocop

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Feb 21, 2018, 03:17:00 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2018, 09:05:22 AM
APC, Unicast Commandos, and possibly a Unicast Queen. Since They've been on-again, off-again about whether they're ever going to produce the clear Predators, I finally got ahold of someone and had them exchange all of those for a second ed core, Unicast Warriors, and Dancing Queen Chet, so I figure I might as well try and rebuild my enthusiasm for the game, and try to get back to having close to everything available for the game, despite my difficulties in getting up the enthusiasm to give them more money :-). Don't know that I'll ever buy a dropship, though. While it's super-cool, it would also be a super-difficult modelling project, particularly as I'd want to magnetize all the optional bits, and I just don't see diverting that much time and money from other pursuits for something that has no real use within the game.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I want to get that dropship so bad. But I know it'll just be sat in it's box for agesssss. Though I did see a UK based company that had put one together and painted it so....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed