Alien Desolation (Tristan Jones pitched/not happening comic/novels)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2022, 08:44:28 AM

Author
Alien Desolation (Tristan Jones pitched/not happening comic/novels) (Read 11,629 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure this has been posted in some thread somewhere, but I figured it deserved a thread of its own.

https://twitter.com/tristans_bones/status/1604938388444172288

Miguel

This draft looked very good. I would have loved to see it as a novel or as a comic.

MaineXeno

So basically he was trying to create a comic continuation of the prequels? Damn it Disney/Marvel. I think I would have liked going on with life not knowing he wanted to do that lol. Honestly my only two complaints of it is the queen just being a mutant and Amanda still being around by then. I like the idea of trying to make things more like Alien and not Aliens but I think the queen still works with it

Immortan Jonesy

It has everything you want in an Alien story, even a Blade Runner-esque location.

Corporal Hicks

I'm intrigued by the idea that the Queen could have been an aberration. It's not something I've ever thought about, and I'm not sure I'd have liked it - but it's definitely intriguing. I do love Tristan's idea of making the Aliens rarer, and special. Also loving his bad guy being actually right.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Another great idea is the intention to explore the Engineer civilization, something that was unfortunately scrapped in Covenant.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2022, 09:13:01 AMI do love Tristan's idea of making the Aliens rarer, and special. Also loving his bad guy being actually right.

Yes, that makes the world not seem like a Kenner-land where there are millions and millions of Aliens, variants and sentient species. I mean, it's not Star Wars for a reason. After all, it's supposed to be a dark & gritty universe.

Nelostic

Yes
I love Engineers!
And happy what they Back!

S.E.B.

Too bad it didn't get anywhere. Tristan definitively gets the Alien universe.

Still Collating...

I love his art, but some of the ideas are too far out there. Having the Queen be a mistake, a one time thing and making every other piece of material non canon would be horrible. The Queen is awesome and can be used in horrific ways if done right. I'm glad this didn't get made, his art is awesome but his distaste for anything Aliens puts me off.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It could have just been a thing unto itself though. Obviously I do not mind a little distaste for Aliens, because of how other entries have been treated from time to time.

Kradan

I have a little distaste for people having a little distaste for Aliens

Corporal Hicks

Let's cut the diversion off before we get there. Back on topic folk.  :)

Russ840

Super interesting and really gutted we won't get this.

S.E.B.

I always loved the design of the Queen but quite hated (and still hate) the concept of the Queen, so this "one-off" really jives with me. Even so, the Queen has become such a major aspect of the Alien universe, so by writing it off like that, great bodies of work would be written off as well, which in a way would be kind of shitty, to say the least. Only Ridley Scott could get away with something like that.

Other than that I do like Tristan's idea on how to wrap it all up.

SiL

I'm glad this never happened. I really don't get the point of stepping into an established IP and shitting on half of it because it's not to your tastes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed