ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 392,456 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 30, 2015, 08:58:43 PM
An AvPGalaxy member emailed someone at either Fox or Sideshow and they said there would be no standard edition, no public statement was ever made but all of us took that confirmation to be fact when it was released.  That member posted this information earlier in this thread I believe, but this thread is so huge that it would be a pain to go through every page looking for that specific post.

Some people in this forum actually bought the $300 version because they believed the "statement" that no standard edition would be released.  I just feel for them.

This is rumour control, here are the facts...  :P

(Seriously though, did this person give proof? Like a screen shot of the email? I don't remember this well as it was quite a while ago.)

predxeno

No one bothers to post pictures of emails anywhere on the internet, people normally just send emails to companies on behalf of the community and report back on what they hear.  I think the person who emailed them was an admin on this forum, but it was so long ago I can't be sure.

HuDaFuK

I called it all along there'd be a standard edition eventually.

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 30, 2015, 09:04:51 PMI think the person who emailed them was an admin on this forum, but it was so long ago I can't be sure.

It was Corporal Hicks. I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I hope you're not accusing him of being deliberately misleading to us. I imagine that was simply the information he was given.

predxeno

predxeno

Please don't put words in my mouth, also please read my earlier posts.  I never suggested someone in this forum was misleading, that was someone else's post; I'm saying it was the corporation that was misleading.

HuDaFuK

To be clear myself, I wasn't accusing you of anything, just wanted to make it clear he was probably just passing on the info he was given, or, at a pinch, passing on the information he had been told to give :)

As for the situation, yes, it is a bit crappy to claim there won't be a cheap version when there will be, just to push sales. Crappy, but not exactly surprising. If a numbskull like me can see through it then hopefully others weren't fooled either.

predxeno

Ah ok, no harm then. :)  And yes, I saw through the scheme as well which is why I ultimately decided against buying the $325 (+$25 shipping and handling) version as well.  At this point I literally have no respect for Fox anymore, their corruption of this franchise is simply beyond words I can find.

Perfect-Organism

If Fox actually said there would be no normal version then that actually would false advertising.  Allegedly.  Allegedly.

Anyway, can't wait for the book.  The lame sales tactics aside, there was a lot of work that went into it by some very talented people and that is respectable.

The Alien Predator

I always trust Corporal Hicks, I didn't mean to make it sound like Predxeno or myself were accusing him of anything. I misremembered and thought it was someone else who said there won't be a standard edition so I was wondering if there was a screenshot of the reply.

Like how I see links to Twitter responses etc or direct quotes of an interview. I'm kind of used to it. My apologies for the misunderstandings.

alienscollection.com

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 30, 2015, 09:21:14 PMI'm saying it was the corporation that was misleading.

I get what you're saying, but checked the thread and couldn't find a single statement where Fox said, "We will not be releasing a standard edition" - so not sure where they were misleading at all.  Someone posting here in this thread is far from an official statement.  Again, they released the standard edition in Europe the same time as the special edition.

Corporal Hicks

I would also like to just mention that (if I'm remembering this rightly and I will go check) it was from one of the editors at Insight and it was "no plans at this time." That has obviously changed. Which is something I'm sure everyone will be happy about.

Ultramorph

Exactly, I'm just happy a version within my budget is coming out! Pre-ordered, so hopefully I can get a sweet, sweet low price like I got on the FaS collection.

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, my bad. That was paraphrasing. The actual reply was "Insight currently has no plans for a trade edition of the book." Which was back in July. And it was from one of the editors at Insight.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2015, 10:46:07 PM
Sorry, my bad. That was paraphrasing. The actual reply was "Insight currently has no plans for a trade edition of the book." Which was back in July. And it was from one of the editors at Insight.

That makes perfect sense, cheers, Hicks.

I hope to get my copy of this book as soon as I can.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
So...good news!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81LlIXnuR1L.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Weyland-S-D-Perry/dp/1608878333/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451390645&sr=8-1&keywords=weyland+yutani+report

Just trying to confirm it.
A little late to the party, but hell yes.

I hope it comes with the same extras and stuff as the ultra-expensive edition (but I'll understand if it doesn't).

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 02, 2016, 11:58:06 AMI hope it comes with the same extras and stuff as the ultra-expensive edition (but I'll understand if it doesn't).

If the standard editions in French and Spanish are anything to go by, most of the inserts will be omitted from the cheaper version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed