ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 392,470 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 29, 2015, 04:17:06 PM
Funny how this is announced just a couple of days after Christmas.

It's only a pre-order. Not like the cash would come out for another 9 months.

Russ840

Superb. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Perfect-Organism

Totally awesome news!

XenoHunter99

In that case, perhaps I'll end up with one after all.  :)

RakaiThwei

Perfect-Organism

It is listed in Canada now as well on Chapters.ca.  It is coming out on September 20, 2016.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/alien-the-weyland-yutani-report/9781608878338-item.html?ikwid=alien+weyland&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

60 CAD list price

53.40 CAD online

predxeno

I feel bad for the people who bought the $300 edition thinking it was the only version to come out.  It was certainly ballsy of Fox to tell everyone that there was no standard edition coming out to raise sales and then release one anyway.

That being said, I've already preordered mine.

Corporal Hicks

I'm still curious as to how well that Collectors' Edition sold. I mostly saw dislike of the price.

I'll be picking up a Standard Edition too.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 30, 2015, 01:45:15 AM
I feel bad for the people who bought the $300 edition thinking it was the only version to come out.  It was certainly ballsy of Fox to tell everyone that there was no standard edition coming out to raise sales and then release one anyway.

That being said, I've already preordered mine.

How is that ballsy?  It would've been more ballsy of them to inform the public of a standard edition and still expect people to buy a 300 dollar special edition.  What they did here seems like pretty normal sales tactics.

predxeno

predxeno

"Ballsy" was an analogy for "bitchy" actually, it's outright lying to the fans to make a profit; many would see that as unethical if not outright immoral.

MrSpaceJockey

People lie to make profits all the time.  Corporations doubly so.

skull-splitter

Count me in, but september is a loooong way down the road...

Perfect-Organism

Yes, a September release basically means it is an item for next Christmas...

alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com

I worked on this project and couldn't find one reference to "there will be no standard edition" - especially since one *was* released in France, Spain, and Italy at the same time as this one.  Can you show me where this was stated?  I mean, it's only really been a few months since the Special Edition actually hit the open market and now here's a more affordable version.  And I think calling them liars is a little much - no one was lied to and if the studio is guilty of anything it's giving customers a chance to get the book at a much more reasonable price point.  I for one am just happy we got this book at all, and that the studio gave our community artists a global showcase for their work.  Cool move, actually... 

predxeno

predxeno

An AvPGalaxy member emailed someone at either Fox or Sideshow and they said there would be no standard edition, no public statement was ever made but all of us took that confirmation to be fact when it was released.  That member posted this information earlier in this thread I believe, but this thread is so huge that it would be a pain to go through every page looking for that specific post.

Some people in this forum actually bought the $300 version because they believed the "statement" that no standard edition would be released.  I just feel for them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed