Neill Blomkamp's 'Alien 5' had Elysium Production Designer Lined up for Pre-Production

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 02, 2018, 10:49:35 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's 'Alien 5' had Elysium Production Designer Lined up for Pre-Production (Read 23,746 times)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Alionic on Jan 03, 2018, 11:48:23 PM
And there's a button for quoting posts, dude.
Ahh! Well now I feel foolish for not catching that. I wondered why he was always having conversations with himself.

Alionic

"Ahh! Well now I feel foolish for not catching that. I wondered why he was always having conversations with himself."

I'm always happy to help the technologically ignorant.  ;D

Huggs

Bio,

I'll have you know Herbert and Frederick are extremely interesting personalities, and I'll thank you to leave them out of it. As for this quote button, I'm not seein' anything here. Signal's clean.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 04, 2018, 01:34:29 AM
Bio,

I'll have you know Herbert and Frederick are extremely interesting personalities, and I'll thank you to leave them out of it. As for this quote button, I'm not seein' anything here. Signal's clean.

I was just funin', you made it clear what you were quoting and what was your own comment, though who you quote I don't bother to flip through previous pages to see who you are quoting.

I just assume by default you're always quoting Alionic since the odds are good it's his motor mouth that you're quoting. . . . ;)

Huggs

Huggs

Haha! ;D

No biggie Biomechanoid.

And Alionic, C'mon man. I was just talking about a higher level of quality. If quality now equals "nostalgia", then yes, let's get "nostalgic". And furthermore, I happen to pride myself on being a technologically ignorant doom and gloomer dude kind of dude. Although I like to think of it as more of a manly kind of realistic yet rugged retro dudeliness.  8)

darkvegett0

AC and Prometheus aren't that different they both suffer from the same issues.its like some of you don't see or understand that. They both are terrible movies putting xenos in a bad movie still equals a bad movie. Maybe Disney should take over because the star war movies are actually pretty well written.

Gash

Quote from: darkvegett0 on Jan 07, 2018, 03:48:09 AM
AC and Prometheus aren't that different they both suffer from the same issues.its like some of you don't see or understand that. They both are terrible movies putting xenos in a bad movie still equals a bad movie. Maybe Disney should take over because the star war movies are actually pretty well written.

I personally prefer the writing of Prometheus and Alien:Covenant. Disney's approach to Star Wars has been perfectly watchable but pretty predictable and the callbacks and references are a little too obvious - far moreso than the last ten minutes of Covenant.

SM

I didn't find Last Jedi at all predictable.

Gash

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2018, 07:23:21 AM
I didn't find Last Jedi at all predictable.

Fair enough, it seems to have gone in a direction that some fans didn't want, so I guess that's a positive in terns of subverting expectation, but I thought certain big scenes were too reminiscent of original trilogy set pieces.

SiL

Some were, but as a whole the film was far from predictable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed