Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,730 times)

salomonj

salomonj

Here's my take on the worrying of A:C shitting on the canon in some way.

As much as a alien fan as I am, I am more so a fan of good movies. As long as this movie is well directed, well shot, visually stunning, well acted, good dialogue, suspenseful, tense and doesn't feel rushed in the third act (my main problem with Prometheus) then I can look past not following canon or whatever. I don't even have much of a problem with David creating the Xeno, as long as it is executed well. If the film itself it quality, then I will be a happy man.

Scorpio

Scorpio

David didn't create the alien, he just refined it closer to the biomechanical creature we see in Alien.

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Scorpio on May 06, 2017, 01:39:54 AM
David didn't create the alien, he just refined it closer to the biomechanical creature we see in Alien.
Is that confirmed? Bc I'd be totally ok with that. I actually love that idea.

https://www.cnet.com/news/alien-covenant-releases-the-most-terrifying-clip-yet/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=37275941

I absolutely love this clip. Can anyone confirm if it is in the film? Especially the ending. I love the
"where is this thing"
"approximately 4 meters above you"

Scorpio

Scorpio

I don't know as I haven't seen the film, but that's what people are talking about.

notsayingitsaliensbut

notsayingitsaliensbut

cant believe they put this in

check frame at 0.18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEAOazVP1Xk&feature=youtu.be

walter/david gets ..........

gantarat

gantarat

I'm okay if he know alien recipe and try to re-create them.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Sounds perfect.

Everyone is saying ALIEN: COVENANT is a BETTER film than PROMETHEUS.

And I'm one of the few who loved PROMETHEUS.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Scorpio on May 06, 2017, 01:39:54 AM

I'd say it's an insult to consider the deacon a relative of the Alien!  :laugh:

I mean seriously, just look at this:
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: PierreVW on May 06, 2017, 02:12:03 AM
Sounds perfect.

The real question is, are the people saying that also lovers of Prometheus;D

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: salomonj on May 06, 2017, 01:43:14 AM
https://www.cnet.com/news/alien-covenant-releases-the-most-terrifying-clip-yet/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=37275941

I absolutely love this clip. Can anyone confirm if it is in the film? Especially the ending. I love the
"where is this thing"
"approximately 4 meters above you"

No. It's a viral featurette shot by Luke Scott.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Predaker on May 06, 2017, 02:33:18 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on May 06, 2017, 02:12:03 AM
Sounds perfect.

The real question is, are the people saying that also lovers of Prometheus;D
As someone else who loves Prometheus, I hope that it's because Covenant is genuinely better. I will be very happy.

It's tough to gauge from the reactions, which are sometimes contradictory. I'm glad that this is technically a Prometheus sequel, but it seems like Prometheus fans are having the most negative reaction so far. Am I wrong?

DaddyYautja

Here's my early reaction to a commercial that shows two characters in an argument about diverting their ship to follow some weird transmission they picked up.

Fuuuu-------   ::)

Necronomicon II

Quote from: 900SL on May 05, 2017, 06:20:48 PM
Quote from: Predatorium on May 05, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
The xeno must have existed before since they find the fossilized space jockey, which must be thousands of years old.

My first post! Hi.

The space jockey couldn't have been fosillised. It takes being buried in silt and mud, then leaching of minerals from the same and transformation to sedimentary rock to create a fossil. Millions of years. Ergo the Space Jockey wasn't fossilised.It was also a space suit.

There is a process whereby mineral laden water hardens objects called petrification. Mother Shiptons well is an example of this. Objects can become stony in 6 months..   

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on May 05, 2017, 04:26:04 PM
Don't worry,

The roots of Xenomorph existed more than 2000 years ago, going by the Mural in the Urns room of Prometheus.

Call it an Ultramorph or an adult Deacon, the Xenomorph is one of the variation. So is the Neo-morph.

The real evil is the Ultramorph because it was worshipped / given a special place on the Mural by the Engineers.

The Black goo was imbibed with the DNA of this creature, with acidic blood, rapid growth and stuffs.

Xenomorph and Neomorphs are just variations.i hope to see the true ancestor I. E. The Ultramorph in the sequels.

Wether the Ultramorph was created by the engineers or were they naturally occurring species discovered by the Engineers is still a mystery.

I think the Engineers revered the Ultramorphs because they were the source of the goo, or its precursor if it was weaponsied by the Engineers. The mural depicts their triumph over this species, and possible subjugation. QED the Ultramorphs were a natural species.

I also suspect that the Engineers might be synthetics. And David creates the Xenomorph from Shaws eggs, an Engineer, or possibly Walter...
I'm happy that someone else knows how fossilization works.

whiterabbit

Ridley Scott has taken ownership of Alien. He's one of the principle people who brought the universe to life. If he, along with a new team decided to take the series into a new direction, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

All signs point to Alien Covenant being a fine movie geared towards aliens, horror and wonderment. Goddamn it, I can't wait to see this picture.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 06, 2017, 04:39:43 AM
Ridley Scott has taken ownership of Alien. He's one of the principle people who brought the universe to life. If he, along with a new team decided to take the series into a new direction, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

All signs point to Alien Covenant being a fine movie geared towards aliens, horror and wonderment. Goddamn it, I can't wait to see this picture.

Since When Ridley bought Alien IP from Fox ?

GQSioux

GQSioux

Just got out from seeing it. I'll give a more detailed review tomorrow night after embargo lifts. But for now, I'll say this. I liked it. 7/10 for me. I can see why some people are saying it's "brisk." There are some things that happen that are way too fast. Similar mistake AVP made. Anyway, more on this tomorrow. I gotta let this sink in a bit more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed