Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,430 times)

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 05:46:45 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 05, 2017, 02:19:03 PM
This is what I think possibly bothered HuDa and Hicks that contradicts the original film:

Spoiler
When the alien is born, it won't be the classic chestburster but a bambi-burster.
[close]
Is that really a problem though? Its a different incarnation of the creature. It will probably take certain variables to match the big chap as we know it

Exactly. I see no problem with it being different if its not even suppose to be the traditional Xeno. How we arrive at the Xeno from the 1979 Xeno is one of the many stories Sir Ridley seems to be trying to tell with not just this movie but the next one...or two...or three....

Evanus

Evanus

I have a feeling they're going to use the new bambi burster design for the classic Xeno too. I hope not, though.

The Cruentus

Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 06:09:34 PM
This is what I think possibly bothered HuDa and Hicks that contradicts the original film:

Spoiler
When the alien is born, it won't be the classic chestburster but a bambi-burster.
[close]
Is that really a problem though? Its a different incarnation of the creature. It will probably take certain variables to match the big chap as we know it
Exactly. I see no problem with it being different if its not even suppose to be the traditional Xeno. How we arrive at the Xeno from the 1979 Xeno is one of the many stories Sir Ridley seems to be trying to tell with not just this movie but the next one...or two...or three....

I don't mind that its a different variation either, however, it is how we arrive at the original Xeno that worries me, will David be responsible for them ones too? or will they just be discovered after long being hidden, I hope its the latter.

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: Predatorium on May 05, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
The xeno must have existed before since they find the fossilized space jockey, which must be thousands of years old.

My guess is that we are going to realize that isn't what it seemed, exactly.  It will probably be far more recent than any of us realized (maybe some connection with the black accelerant and screen writing magic).  Or they will simply say Dallas was wrong.

Denton Smalls

Did I just read that A:C was only slightly better than Life? Oh no...

I detested that movie. For me it was like watching a feature length version of the beginning of Species 2, only with characters that weren't compelling, except for Ryan Reynolds and...

Spoiler
they did an awesome job of making his most charismatic character the first death of the movie.
[close]

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Predatorium on May 05, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
The xeno must have existed before since they find the fossilized space jockey, which must be thousands of years old.

My first post! Hi.

The space jockey couldn't have been fosillised. It takes being buried in silt and mud, then leaching of minerals from the same and transformation to sedimentary rock to create a fossil. Millions of years. Ergo the Space Jockey wasn't fossilised.It was also a space suit.

There is a process whereby mineral laden water hardens objects called petrification. Mother Shiptons well is an example of this. Objects can become stony in 6 months..   

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on May 05, 2017, 04:26:04 PM
Don't worry,

The roots of Xenomorph existed more than 2000 years ago, going by the Mural in the Urns room of Prometheus.

Call it an Ultramorph or an adult Deacon, the Xenomorph is one of the variation. So is the Neo-morph.

The real evil is the Ultramorph because it was worshipped / given a special place on the Mural by the Engineers.

The Black goo was imbibed with the DNA of this creature, with acidic blood, rapid growth and stuffs.

Xenomorph and Neomorphs are just variations.i hope to see the true ancestor I. E. The Ultramorph in the sequels.

Wether the Ultramorph was created by the engineers or were they naturally occurring species discovered by the Engineers is still a mystery.

I think the Engineers revered the Ultramorphs because they were the source of the goo, or its precursor if it was weaponsied by the Engineers. The mural depicts their triumph over this species, and possible subjugation. QED the Ultramorphs were a natural species.

I also suspect that the Engineers might be synthetics. And David creates the Xenomorph from Shaws eggs, an Engineer, or possibly Walter...

Robopadna

Robopadna

I hope we eventually figure out why the multiple star maps left on earth all pointed to a barren planet being used for bio weapon development/testing.

But I don't think anyone but me is interested in that  :laugh:

Dardooder

Dardooder

Quote from: Robopadna on May 05, 2017, 06:31:15 PM
I hope we eventually figure out why the multiple star maps left on earth all pointed to a barren planet being used for bio weapon development/testing.

I also want to know why they wanted us to come find their weapons facility! haha ;D

Evanus

Evanus

Man, it's gonna be quite bad when we reach the end of these prequels and we see David is the real space jockey, even though it looks completely different, and he also created the alien eggs and all that sh*t... just 20 years before Alien.

I don't know what to think about all this anymore.  :'(

Stanley

Stanley

Quote from: Dardooder on May 05, 2017, 06:34:35 PM

I also want to know why they wanted us to come find their weapons facility! haha ;D

I think it was a test.  Those who made it there (assuming Engineer operations continued, which they didn't) would be graded Pass / Fail ahem.  Humanity would not have made it to the planet, since we were targeted for extinction, but LV223 had a mishap.  I assume that countless other worlds were similarly seeded and also had clues to find LV223.

900SL

900SL

I think they were a warning. It ties in with the myth of Prometheus, protecting mankind. 

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 06:09:34 PM

Spoiler
[close]

One one level it can be viewed as a creative decision to do it differently but then we also have the removal of an iconic feature in the alien life cycle, which could end up being left unexplained.

Should be interesting to find out what Ridley says about all this during the interview soon!

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: imbrie on May 05, 2017, 05:28:20 PM
I'm going to ask again, as my original question wasn't answered, but I'd like to know if the ending of Covenant plots the direction that the next film (might) make?

Spoiler
It sets up a sequel for sure but it leaves the ending open to many possibilities. I myself would love to know if Ridley truly has an idea of how his future installments will ultimately fit into the continuity of the first ALIEN.
[close]

Dardooder

Dardooder

Quote from: Evanus on May 05, 2017, 06:38:46 PM
Man, it's gonna be quite bad when we reach the end of these prequels and we see David is the real space jockey, even though it looks completely different, and he also created the alien eggs and all that sh*t... just 20 years before Alien.

I don't know what to think about all this anymore.  :'(

I will be disappointed if this turns out to be true. I want the origin of the Alien to be as "alien" as the creature itself.

Stanley

Stanley

Quote from: 900SL on May 05, 2017, 06:40:33 PM

I think they were a warning. It ties in with the myth of Prometheus, protecting mankind.

But if it WAS a warning, why indicate just the military style outpost and not the Home Planet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed