Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,268 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 06:55:46 AM
If Syntax won't spill the beans. I will. PM me if interested.

Stop trolling.

Alien Runner

Quote from: SyntaX on May 05, 2017, 07:10:40 AM

You are right.

I won't spill the beans.

heh! don't matter. I've already spilled the beans even before the movie came out. People were denying what I said. Here is my next prediction. David becomes the giant synthetic engineer and gets chestbursted which leads us into the first ALIEN movie.

whiterabbit

I don't think you wanna push it, this thread spilled more than the beans earlier. Still, it stink that I have to wait a week longer than most of you to see the greatest movie of the year.

cantseemyfeet

LONG time lurker.... new poster.  Always an amazing experience on forums when a new film comes out.  I am one of the US crowd waiting for this to release.   Got tickets for 7pm MST 5/18 in colorado  and cannot wait to see everything I have read on various oulets on the big screen.   Pretty sure I know what is going to happen already, but my hype level could not be more elevated.

**** edit due to English being hard *** :)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Just with a Yes/No the 'issue' does concern the Alien?

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2017, 07:14:40 AM

Stop trolling.

I just read your short review of the movie Hicks.
Seems you have the same "issue" (if you can call it that) with the movie I have.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SyntaX on May 05, 2017, 07:20:15 AM

Stop trolling.

Seems you have the same "issue" (if you can call it that) with the movie I have.
Oh man, they screwed something up big time. Didn't they. You don't have to answer that.  :'(

So the term "Covenant" is literally, exactly that.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 05, 2017, 07:23:08 AM
Quote from: SyntaX on May 05, 2017, 07:20:15 AM

Stop trolling.

Oh man, they screwed something up big time. Didn't they. You don't have to answer that.  :'(

They didn't screw up anything.
Alien Covenant actually does a good job at answering and raising questions. Again, keep in mind that Alien Covenant was made with sequels in mind. Some of those questions are answered within the movie itself while others will be answered in the coming sequels (if they are coming!)

There's a decent amount of stuff that Alien Covenant adds to the lore of the Alien franchise. To me, that's a great thing ... despite the questions being raised in the movie itself. As I've stated before, I would've loved that the Xenomorph origin remain a mystery for a bit longer. It still is ... but ... well.  :laugh:

harlequinade

Apologies if this was answered but the thread is hard to browse because of juvenile fights going on but is there anything not spoiled by leaks and marketing material? I am guessing Shaw is the last hope for a twist here

And how was Katherine in her role? How was her character?

whiterabbit

Oh thanks, SyntaX, you had me worried there for a moment.

However I'm suspecting that we learn why the engineers are all dudes... do they have a Queen?

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 05, 2017, 07:50:29 AM
Oh thanks, SyntaX, you had me worried there for a moment.

However I'm suspecting that we learn why the engineers are all dudes... do they have a Queen?

No. They're an asexual all-male species. This is why they rely on genetic engineering a lot. They might have an intense hatred for women if you notice the way the Engineer gave the women the stink eye in Prometheus probably because of what Eve did to Adam.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: harlequinade on May 05, 2017, 07:40:18 AM
Apologies if this was answered but the thread is hard to browse because of juvenile fights going on but is there anything not spoiled by leaks and marketing material? I am guessing Shaw is the last hope for a twist here

You already know the answer to that.

Alien Runner

Quote from: harlequinade on May 05, 2017, 07:40:18 AM

She was just another Ripley rip-off.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Are there any flashbacks?

Well except for the Weyland one durrr --

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Runner is trolling, and it seems pointless. I'm not thrilled with some of the story turns in this movie either but that doesn't mean I have to just ramble nonsense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed