Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,393 times)

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Im not understanding why mark cassidy is making definitive statements about the film as if he saw it, then asks if its scary

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 05:09:12 AM
QuoteI just added that he, in my opinion, is the best visual director going. I just threw that in because he is my favorite director.

Besides im not sure a shit movie can actually be labeled as visually great. I mean these things cant be really seperated in a film, a visual medium, where a story is told in pictures. I admit a film can look good but lack other things but to say a film is visually great literally means that its message is presented in a coherent or otherwise appealing way (like take Lynch where the chaos still makes sense so to speak). If for example in the last third Prometheus is cut to pieces you can maybe say some of the shots presented are somehow beautiful for themselves but you can never say that the whole film looks visually great besides it lacking any coherent story telling in pictures at certain points (besides these beautiful seperate pictures are being badly stringed together from time to time). Thats the main job of the director by the way, in my understanding any way.

To say look what a great looking film but its total shit storytellingwise, that just means not understanding what a film is or should be. You can still look at it but the seperate pictures dont add up to make it a "great" piece of art. The director of such a piece can never be called a good director in my opinion at least not based upon a film that just seems to be visual eye candy.

Why are you spamming this thread with this kind of inane critisism? Have you seen the film yet? Is this your critique of it following the premiere?

SyntaX

SyntaX

Whoa. This thread exploded.

I think Corporal Hicks has the same "issue" with Covenant I have.
Although I'm sure most of the Alien fans will love it ... some "hardcore"  fans will be displeased with the way things unfold.

Sorry guys. I've noticed several of you have sent me private messages. I'm sorry guys, can't answer those.
I can not, and will not, go into specifics. I'll do my best to answer your questions but, please understand that I have signed an NDA that lifts on sunday (pretty late in the evening).

Please refrain from insulting others. This type of behaviour is not needed.

Scorpio

Scorpio

As long as it's better than or even equal to AVPR I'll be happy.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Scorpio on May 05, 2017, 06:41:41 AM

Alien Covenant is much better.

whiterabbit

Man SyntaX, you really are skirting the line on that NDA. :P

However does that green crystal make an appearance. You know that one from the alter in Prometheus?  Besides that, which trailer has the hint.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

2 hours doesn't seem long enough for the amount of stuff this film is trying to do. I know some have already mentioned pacing issues so my question is is this a slow burner for the first half hour or so or do we more or less get straight into the action?

I get the impression  this may be like AVP in that nothing happens for the first 45 minutes then 20 mins later the film is over.

Another one of my fears is the dreaded speeded up alien life cycle. I have a feeling oram is going to burst within minutes of being facehugged.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 05, 2017, 06:46:57 AM
Man SyntaX, you really are skirting the line on that NDA. :P

However does that green crystal make an appearance. You know that one from the alter in Prometheus?  Besides that, which trailer has the hint.

I'm not, actually. Once you see the movie and look back at my comments you'll see there's much more to it.

Again, I can not go into specifics.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 05, 2017, 06:47:28 AM
2 hours doesn't seem long enough for the amount of stuff this film is trying to do. I know some have already mentioned pacing issues so my question is is this a slow burner for the first half hour or so or do we more or less get straight into the action?

I get the impression  this may be like AVP in that nothing happens for the first 45 minutes then 20 mins later the film is over.

Another one of my fears is the dreaded speeded up alien life cycle. I have a feeling oram is going to burst within minutes of being facehugged.

This movie is, for me, a mix of both. Enough explanation/exploring and a decent amount of action. The build-up, however, is good.

Alien Runner

If Syntax won't spill the beans. I will. PM me if interested.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 06:09:01 AM
Im not understanding why mark cassidy is making definitive statements about the film as if he saw it, then asks if its scary
Think he was talking about Prometheus there, otherwise what he said wouldn't make sense lol

whiterabbit

The thread grew because there was a lot of non-sense posts, so much that I didn't bother to go back and read most of it. However, did you like the movie? At the same time were you disappointed in it or not?

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 06:55:46 AM
hmm, as an American I have to wait till the 18th to see this... where as most of the free world gets to see it on the 11th... the beans are going to be spilled regardless.  :(

newagescamartist

Wait, the aliens aren't smoking cigars? I thought maybe Cubans were the engineers smoke of choice and that perhaps David would light them up whenever a xeno does a trick.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Scorpio on May 05, 2017, 06:41:41 AM
I havent seen the film yet and i will tell you its better than avpr

Alien Runner

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 05, 2017, 07:01:34 AM
The thread grew because there was a lot of non-sense posts, so much that I didn't bother to go back and read most of it. However, did you like the movie? At the same time were you disappointed in it or not?

hmm, as an American I have to wait till the 18th to see this... where as most of the free world gets to see it on the 11th... the beans are going to be spilled regardless.  :(

I know more than what A:C reveals. Wanna bet David is the fossilized Engineer in the first ALIEN movie? Since Ridley Scott retcon alot of shit in A:C, I know this is the obvious direction he is taking. David is the King Android who created the Aliens. He despises Humanity. He is the hybrid synthetic fossilized Engineer seen in the first Alien movie. Its already alluded when Fire and Stone had the Synthetic Elden turned into a giant synthetic engineer when he was exposed to the black goo. Anyways, David created the Alien eggs as a payload he plans to drop on planet Earth. He does not succeed but his legacy lives on as Ash encounters the Alien. David's will carries on into the androids on planet Earth to rebel against their creators. f**king quote this shit down because in a few years, you'll know i'm a f**king Prophet.

SyntaX

SyntaX

You are right.

I won't spill the beans.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed