Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 148,093 times)

NickisSmart

To quote The Dark Crystal, "Another world, another time."

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 04:05:27 AM
Ha lol Ridley is what 80? I bet he needs a new wheelchair. Maybe he should stop making 10 movies in 10 years and actually read some of the alternative scripts for his projects.

Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 03:58:28 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:53:50 AM
Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 03:49:31 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:36:37 AM
Spoiler
Sounds like ultimate body horror show - for Shaw --
[close]

If anyone feels like debunking..

Ok, looked up a few things, and yeah, I'm near 100% sure he is trolling.

Before or after the pints? Hope you're right.

haha  :laugh:

Well before but I am turning in soon... but I just looked up all impressions and hints that people have been dropping here and other places, and compared it to the fact that what he posted and has as his sig pretty jives directly with what his predictions were over the last few weeks posting on here. Bit of late night analytics and in my mind, it don't add up. I could be wrong of course.

Sounds like debunk for me, Sherlock - thanks for the detective work!

:) Just calling bull-shit where I smell it is all. Regardless, it was a spoiler scare, and I have seen enough on this thread to satiate my curiosity while maintaing my hype without spoiling too much. Anything more is too far in spoiler territory so I'll be avoiding most of these threads until after the 18th when I see it myself.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

;D

kwisatz

kwisatz

Its still possible to make "slower" more atmospheric scifi movies in these days though if you are willing to come off of those 150++ budgets. Look what Vileneuve did with Arrival, hell look what Glazer did with Under the Skin... (Children of Men VS Prometheus, its not even a fair fight; its Alien VS The Black Hole round 2 only Ridley has changed corners).

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 04:25:42 AM
Its still possible to make "slower" more atmospheric scifi movies in these days though if you are willing to come off of those 150++ budgets. Look what Vileneuve did with Arrival, hell look what Glazer did with Under the Skin... (Children of Men VS Prometheus, its not even a fair fight).
With summer blockbusters, its almost a thing of the past

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 04:31:06 AM
Its still possible to make "slower" more atmospheric scifi movies in these days though if you are willing to come off of those 150++ budgets. Look what Vileneuve did with Arrival, hell look what Glazer did with Under the Skin... (Children of Men VS Prometheus, its not even a fair fight).

I just listed you off the top of my head three recent scifi films that wipe the floor with Prometheus, philosophicalwise and visualwise.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 04:40:39 AM

I just listed you off the top of my head three recent scifi films that wipe the floor with Prometheus, philosophicalwise and visualwise.
Those are not big budget summer blockbusters, are they?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 04:42:38 AM

Aeh no? I presented them to show that intelligent non-compliant scifi movies (like Alien) are still possible these days? Which you denied.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 04:48:53 AM
Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 04:42:38 AM

Aeh no? I presented them to show that intelligent non-compliant scifi movies (like Alien) are still possible these days? Which you denied.
No. I denied that big budget summer movies are no longer made that way.

Infected

Infected

Well i picked up the vibe so thankfully im in my right to defend my vision and opinion and not to be scattered as a troll.
Sorry to littered your thread with this emancipated junk.

Alien Runner

TBH I don't know why people are mad about cigar smoking aliens. I've always thought that the Alien was the weakest out of the group which includes Marines and Predators because alien intelligence is limited whereas the other 2 would advance overtime. I love the idea. We saw the Queen in ALIENS using the elevator so the cigar smoking part is just the beginning. Soon, Aliens will be able to wield pulse rifles and have shoulder cannons attached to their tails. I'm all in with Ridley Scott on this.

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteNo. I denied that big budget summer movies are no longer made that way.

Let me get this. You admit that todays summer block busters are made for "retarded audiences".

Ridley is obviously making one of those right now (at least he did so with Prometheus).

A n d you consider Ridley to be your favourite visual director, even t o d a y.

Well no offense pal, but lol.

Sway

Sway

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 05:02:21 AM
QuoteNo. I denied that big budget summer movies are no longer made that way.

Let me get this though. You admit that todays summer block busters are made for "retarded audiences".

Ridley is obviously making one of those right now (at least he did so with Prometheus).

A n d you consider Ridley to be your favourite visual director, even t o d a y.

Well no offense pal, but lol.
[/quote

well all fairness a movie can be visually great but still a shit movie

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteI just added that he, in my opinion, is the best visual director going. I just threw that in because he is my favorite director.

Besides im not sure a shit movie can actually be labeled as visually great. I mean these things cant be really seperated in a film, a visual medium, where a story is told in pictures. I admit a film can look good but lack other things but to say a film is visually great literally means that its message is presented in a coherent or otherwise appealing way (like take Lynch where the chaos still makes sense so to speak). If for example in the last third Prometheus is cut to pieces you can maybe say some of the shots presented are somehow beautiful for themselves but you can never say that the whole film looks visually great besides it lacking any coherent story telling in pictures at certain points (besides these beautiful seperate pictures are being badly stringed together from time to time). Thats the main job of the director by the way, in my understanding any way.

To say look what a great looking film but its total shit storytellingwise, that just means not understanding what a film is or should be. You can still look at it but the seperate pictures dont add up to make it a "great" piece of art. The director of such a piece can never be called a good director in my opinion at least not based upon a film that just seems to be visual eye candy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed