Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,480 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 03:25:20 AM
Well back to the point I was trying to make, Movies simply are not the way they used to be. Alien is masterful example of pacing, patience and not showing you everything, Movies audiences and people in general are impatient and dumber. Point I was trying to make, was Ridley is not going to make a movie like the first Alien, He has to adapt with the industry. What that translates to is Alien purists and us nerds on an AVP forum mad because it didn't meet our unreasonable expectations, and mainstream audiences will probably flock to it.  I just added that he, in my opinion, is the best visual director going. I just threw that in because he is my favorite director. You certainly have the right to disagree, even if you are wrong  :P

I can't argue with that. You'd think that would change at some point.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 03:17:31 AM
Electric Cigar smoking Aliens

I love it.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 03:27:04 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:23:14 AM
If serious, you might wanna put that AND your signature in spoiler tags?  ;D

Damnit... I am about to go chug a few pints of rum to black out and forget I ever read any of this....

Not sure if legit though, but sounds kinda plausible --

oduodu

echobbase79

Quote from: oduodu on May 05, 2017, 03:31:37 AM
Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 03:17:31 AM
Xeno-Shaw

Shite please no!!

If that's true I saw that coming months ago. I'll wait to see the movie and decide if it works.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Spoiler
Sounds like ultimate body horror show - for Shaw --
[close]

If anyone feels like debunking..

Sway

Sway

Well back to the point I was trying to make, Movies simply are not the way they used to be. Alien is masterful example of pacing, patience and not showing you everything, Movies audiences and people in general are impatient and dumber. Point I was trying to make, was Ridley is not going to make a movie like the first Alien, He has to adapt with the industry. What that translates to is Alien purists and us nerds on an AVP forum mad because it didn't meet our unreasonable expectations, and mainstream audiences will probably flock to it.  I just added that he, in my opinion, is the best visual director going. I just threw that in because he is my favorite director. You certainly have the right to disagree, even if you are wrong  :P

Because they weren't making dumbf**k movies in the 70's and 80's, too?

Alien is a masterpiece. They are still being made, even if not within the confines of the Alien universe. As much as I look forward to seeing Covenant, Ridley was right when he said "the best is cooked". There's only so much that can be done with the story. And like I've stated before, the only "real" Alien film is the original. I'm sure, on his death bed, even Ridley will agree. It's so good, in fact, that it's almost a fluke. For it's era or today's, it will always be remembered as good. Most movies ever made, despite era, have been throwaway.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:36:37 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Ok, looked up a few things, and yeah, I'm near 100% sure he is trolling.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 03:49:31 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Before or after the pints? Hope you're right.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Sway on May 05, 2017, 03:40:28 AM

Because they weren't making dumbf**k movies in the 70's and 80's, too?

Alien is a masterpiece. They are still being made, even if not within the confines of the Alien universe. As much as I look forward to seeing Covenant, Ridley was right when he said "the best is cooked". There's only so much that can be done with the story. And like I've stated before, the only "real" Alien film is the original. I'm sure, on his death bed, even Ridley will agree. It's so good, in fact, that it's almost a fluke. For it's era or today's, it will always be remembered as good. Most movies ever made, despite era, have been throwaway.
Fair point. There are plenty of modern movies that are very good. One of the major factors is social media and the internet in general. Simply put, audiences are just not surprised any more because trailers show too much, message boards, spoilers, all that shit contributes to taking the magic away from movies. We all knew Oram was going to be facehugged in the first trailer. Can you imagine if that was shown in the trailer for Alien? Back then movies pretty much had one trailer and maybe some commercial spots. Now there are trailers for trailers, 2 or 3 full length trailers before a movie comes out, viral videos, its just bannnanas

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:53:50 AM
Spoiler
[close]

haha  :laugh:

Well before but I am turning in soon... but I just looked up all impressions and hints that people have been dropping here and other places, and compared it to the fact that what he posted and has as his sig pretty jives directly with what his predictions were over the last few weeks posting on here. Bit of late night analytics and in my mind, it don't add up. I could be wrong of course.

whiterabbit

Does anybody know if that "green rock" on the alter from Prometheus makes an appearance in Covenant? I mean come on, that's the biggest mystery out there. What the hell was that thing.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I dont get why he has to adapt in these days, though. There were a lot of shite scifi thrillers around the time Alien was released and he didnt bother copy from them. But now years later as an established director he suddenly needs to enqueue in mediocrity? Way to erode your own memorial.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 04:01:21 AM

I dont get why he has to adapt in these days, though. There were a lot of shite scifi thrillers around the time Alien was released and he didnt bother copy from them. But now years later as an established director he suddenly needs to enqueue in mediocrity? Way to erode your own memorial.
Money my friend. Audiences are retarded. thats why fast and furious breaks box office records every time there is a new one. Studios want faster paced, flashier shit

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ha lol Ridley is what 80? I bet he needs a new wheelchair. Maybe he should stop making 10 movies in 10 years and actually read some of the alternative scripts for his projects. Or/and try to find and involve people who are more like O'Bannon and less like Lindelof (i love Leftovers though btw).

Quote from: cucuchu on May 05, 2017, 03:58:28 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:53:50 AM
Spoiler
[close]

haha  :laugh:

Well before but I am turning in soon... but I just looked up all impressions and hints that people have been dropping here and other places, and compared it to the fact that what he posted and has as his sig pretty jives directly with what his predictions were over the last few weeks posting on here. Bit of late night analytics and in my mind, it don't add up. I could be wrong of course.

Sounds like debunk for me, Sherlock - thanks for the detective work!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed