Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,419 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 01:42:53 AM
'Graduated', 'Degenerated' -- eye of the beholder, i guess

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 01:33:28 AM
Thats just the way movies in general have evolved into, unfortunately. Ridley has to evolve but he still remains the best visual director going, along with cameron

hah no  ;D - not even eye of the beholder

Ridley's visual style is top notch.

Regardless of what you think of his films, they are always beautifully shot.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Hes not the best though lol, not even among the best. Say of the Oscars what you will but its not completely random that i dont remember any of his films even being nominated for DOP. Blade Runner wouldve deserved at least a nomination though.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Thats just the way movies in general have evolved into, unfortunately. Ridley has to evolve but he still remains the best visual director going, along with cameron

Im guessing english insnt your first language. Can you explain what thats supposed to mean?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 02:05:10 AM

Im guessing english insnt your first language. Can you explain what thats supposed to mean?

He's saying (with a little tongue in cheek) Ridley isn't the best or among the best visual directors, even if you want to be subjective about it.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Sway

Sway

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 02:04:11 AM
Hes not the best though lol, not even among the best. Say of the Oscars what you will but its not completely random that i dont remember any of his films even being nominated for DOP. Blade Runner wouldve deserved at least a nomination though.

Who is the best? What does "the best" consist of?

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Sway on May 05, 2017, 02:21:11 AM

People can try to elect a "best" at anything by quantifying the amount of positive reaction, but I think that's BS because everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are a lot of sheeple out there who like to jump on the bandwagon and blindly follow a trend, expanding the hype.

In the words of my foreign friend, it's in the "eye of the beholder." Some people might think Uwe Boll is the best director.

Well, maybe not.

Sway

Sway

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 05, 2017, 02:35:48 AM
Quote from: Sway on May 05, 2017, 02:21:11 AM

People can try to elect a "best" at anything by quantifying the amount of positive reaction, but I think that's BS because everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are a lot of sheeple out there who like to jump on the bandwagon and blindly follow a trend, expanding the hype.

In the words of my foreign friend, it's in the "eye of the beholder." Some people might think Uwe Boll is the best director.

Well, maybe not.

Agreed.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Look if you want to be completely subjective about the topic then hes of course the best visual (are there any non-visual directors in the film industry by the way? :D) director for you, end of discussion.

But on a more objective turf thats more than debatable and concerning his last 10-12 films its not really debatable (maybe with the exception of Gladiator).

Again, that he is among the best is debatable in my opinion. Hes an outstanding "visual" director, no doubt, its just that Barry Lyndon is not a film by R. Scott (marvelously emulated by him though).

Alien Runner

Xeno-Shaw

Electric Cigar smoking Aliens

Dead Engineers

Father David

This movie was awesome!

kwisatz

kwisatz

If serious, you might wanna put that AND your signature in spoiler tags?  ;D

newagescamartist

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 03:17:31 AM

I'm intrigued.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 03:17:31 AM
Xeno-Shaw

Dead Engineers

Father David

This movie was awesome!

So that is her fate.... I have only myself to blame for following this thread  :laugh: .... by electric cigar smoking aliens I am assuming you mean smoke coming out of their mouths like in alien resurrection? That would be an odd design choice.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Well back to the point I was trying to make, Movies simply are not the way they used to be. Alien is masterful example of pacing, patience and not showing you everything, Movies audiences and people in general are impatient and dumber. Point I was trying to make, was Ridley is not going to make a movie like the first Alien, He has to adapt with the industry. What that translates to is Alien purists and us nerds on an AVP forum mad because it didn't meet our unreasonable expectations, and mainstream audiences will probably flock to it.  I just added that he, in my opinion, is the best visual director going. I just threw that in because he is my favorite director. You certainly have the right to disagree, even if you are wrong  :P

kwisatz

kwisatz

the signature HIS SIGNATURE

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 03:23:14 AM
If serious, you might wanna put that AND your signature in spoiler tags?  ;D

Damnit... I am about to go chug a few pints of rum to black out and forget I ever read any of this....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed