Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,735 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Hm sounds to me like good, very good for the general audience not so good for the hardcore fan.

Well i think this film might disappoint me a little.

Thanks mass media. Rot in insignificance hell, if true bla good night

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 10:53:36 PM

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

That's all I'll say until Saturday/Sunday when I can post my full review.
How they are handled in terms of lore/origins or do you mean fx etc?

Not just their origins. It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien.

So they made that document about the "rules" of the xenomorph and...ignored them?

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: salomonj on May 04, 2017, 09:26:57 PM
https://twitter.com/BJ667/status/860238471717433344

"its more of the same" ?

Oops

Quote from: kwisatz on May 05, 2017, 12:14:25 AM
Hm sounds to me like good, very good for the general audience not so good for the hardcore fan.

This ^

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 04, 2017, 11:34:49 PM
the average movie going audience isnt going to give a shit about cannon. If it's fun and pretty to look at, word of mouth will be good and it will make money. It makes money, the next one gets green lit. Ultra Combooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

True, but they could at least stay true to the ideas they came up with. Of course I don't know what Ridley's end game is to all of this.

But you're right, mainstream audiences won't bat an eye.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Getting another BLOCKBUSTER greenlit, - thats your prime target these days, SIR R.?

edit: bla i stop, its just that Hicks really got me worried

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: shawsbaby on May 05, 2017, 12:18:16 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 10:53:36 PM

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

That's all I'll say until Saturday/Sunday when I can post my full review.
How they are handled in terms of lore/origins or do you mean fx etc?

Not just their origins. It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien.

So they made that document about the "rules" of the xenomorph and...ignored them?

If the intent is that we have not yet arrived at the full true Xenomorph just yet, then they did not ignore anything. The xenomorphs in this movie are either precursors or imitations of the true Xeno. I personally believe the next title, named Awakening, will be the awakening of the long dormant ancient Xeno that existed in the original Alien.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

well fingers are crossed that ill enjoy this one as much as Prometheus... and yes, i LOVE that friggin movie!!! one of my top 10 favorite movies ever :)

2 weeks from today i get to see it... feels longer than the 5 years leading up to now lol

Clowndog

Clowndog

Sounds like David communicating with the creatures is still in then?

Xenomorphine

This seems to be matching up with what I predicted: Better at crowd-pleasing scenes than 'Prometheus' was, but more of an attempt to emulate the first two films than being an equal to them.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Hicks, one question..

Spoiler
Does David still have that "playful" moment with the newborn Xenomorph?
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 05, 2017, 01:08:17 AM
This seems to be matching up with what I predicted: Better at crowd-pleasing scenes than 'Prometheus' was, but more of an attempt to emulate the first two films than being an equal to them.

Doesnt sound like its emulating the first one much though, according to Hicks (brisk, non-lofty, anti-alien).

Quote from: El Diablo on May 05, 2017, 01:13:13 AM
Hicks, one question..

Spoiler
Does David still have that "playful" moment with the newborn Xenomorph?
[close]

haha, oh god

Xenomorphine

In fairness, that's a style he's graduated to in general. Many have commented on how his directing/editing style has become a lot more like his late brother's in the past decade or so.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Thats just the way movies in general have evolved into, unfortunately. Ridley has to evolve but he still remains the best visual director going, along with cameron

kwisatz

kwisatz

'Graduated', 'Degenerated' -- eye of the beholder, i guess

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 05, 2017, 01:33:28 AM
Thats just the way movies in general have evolved into, unfortunately. Ridley has to evolve but he still remains the best visual director going, along with cameron

hah no  ;D - not even eye of the beholder

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed