Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,040 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:22:34 PM
Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
Could this be written off as these Xenomorphs are not the same as the original big chap? As stated by Ridley himself in interviews that we are not quite there yet to where they are truly unhinged?

That's my current fanon thinking to justify what they did.
Ugh so now i have to add this to the list alongside the Engineers  in Prometheus clearly not looking like the big boy space jockey in alien?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Hicks' take is basically where my expectations have been for awhile now. The movie looks very impressive - the medbay sequence is incredible - and I expect to enjoy it immensely while having issues with the creative direction..

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:22:34 PM
Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
Could this be written off as these Xenomorphs are not the same as the original big chap? As stated by Ridley himself in interviews that we are not quite there yet to where they are truly unhinged?

That's my current fanon thinking to justify what they did.

Thanks, and this could be interesting. I mean, if viewed as a stepping stone to the original xenomorph (or an awakening of the ancient xenomorph), then I will be fine with it, so long the story is told well. 

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 04, 2017, 11:30:30 PM
Hicks is there anything involving Shaw that we didn't already see in the trailers (hologram) and prologue?
he cant give away plot details man

whiterabbit

hmm why can't I post quotes? It's always message board is empty?

The only thing that would piss me off is if David creates the aliens, but I can live with it. So it has to be something else that is unnerving the gang.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

the average movie going audience isnt going to give a shit about cannon. If it's fun and pretty to look at, word of mouth will be good and it will make money. It makes money, the next one gets green lit. Ultra Combooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Denton Smalls

I hope I just get to find out what the black goo is and where it comes from.

acidreign

acidreign

This really feels like it's going to be the Alien series' equivalent of The Force Awakens. Generally well-received but a with bit of backlash from some contingents of the hardcore fan base. (That isn't meant as a knock on anyone btw)

At least there won't be any ridiculous controversy over the protagonist's gender!  :laugh:

Most of the criticisms seem measured and fair so far, which is good.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 04, 2017, 11:38:27 PM
Yeah, can anyone who has seen the film tell if we learn anything new about the black goo?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

How awesome is the bombing scene?  ;D

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 04, 2017, 11:46:34 PM
How awesome is the bombing scene?  ;D
bruh

theDecline84

As long as james franco doesn't save the day... im good  ;D

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Evanus on May 04, 2017, 11:43:11 PM
Yeah, can anyone who has seen the film tell if we learn anything new about the black goo?

I believe it was confirmed earlier in the thread that we do learn more about it.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: Evanus on May 04, 2017, 11:43:11 PM

I believe it was confirmed earlier in the thread that we do learn more about it.
Well I sure hope so!

Btw, does anyone know why the alien blood looked like the black goo in that Adam Savage clip? Weird.

NickisSmart

I decided to do a video on some of the things said, on this thread. I assumed it was alright, seeing as the Embargo wasn't being... transgressed:

It's not the focus of the video, but I do mention Hudafuk and Syntax. Hope that's alright.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed