Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,202 times)

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 11:16:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
I'm not talking in terms of how it's portrayed in that regards. Sorry to be so cryptic but I can't go into more. It's something I know bothered HuDa and I imagine it's something that'll really bother a lot of you.
Hmmm my mind is racing with whacked out ideas of what you mean. Aliens driving space cars?

Im more concerned with Ridleys "dont let it breathe" choppy editing though.
Same. If the aliens are scary, I'm fine but I really hope the movie isn't rushed from beginning to end.

acidreign

acidreign

Do they show the alien taking a dump or something?

Or is it that they just don't even bother hiding the alien and it's out running around in broad daylight all the time? I could see that being irksome.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Could this be written off as these Xenomorphs are not the same as the original big chap? As stated by Ridley himself in interviews that we are not quite there yet to where they are truly unhinged?

John73

John73

I'm guessing the events of this film somehow link directly to the derelict in Alien, and the eggs found within.  I've always felt that would be a mistake, so hopefully I'm wrong.

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 04, 2017, 11:12:39 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 11:04:19 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 10:53:36 PM

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

That's all I'll say until Saturday/Sunday when I can post my full review.
How they are handled in terms of lore/origins or do you mean fx etc?

Not just their origins. It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien.
Thats surely by design, Ridley doesn't repeat himself

The comment by Hicks comes off (at least to me) like they're messing with the continuity/cannon? Which is always annoying.

Not saying it will ruin the movie, but still that stuff just grates me.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
Could this be written off as these Xenomorphs are not the same as the original big chap? As stated by Ridley himself in interviews that we are not quite there yet to where they are truly unhinged?

That's my current fanon thinking to justify what they did.

Evanus

Evanus

Now I'm really curious what it is...  ???

I hope it won't ruin the movie for me (or anyone).

Mike’s Monsters

Rightio - I liked it, I didn't love it. It was a better experience than Prometheus (and the AvPs and Resurrection) but it wasn't pretending to be some lofty film. I loved the characters and the cast. Fassbender still rocks - as David and Walter. The film looks gorgeous as expected.

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

I now know where to set my expectations going in. Thank you, good friend.

Richman678

Richman678

lol I've been coming here for years. Every time an alien or predator movie came out there was always tons of fighting the week or two before it came out....especially right before AVP:R

I would recommend everyone relax. It's Ridley Scott after all.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:22:34 PM

Thats a shame, i wanted the aliens to be awesome. Sounds like they were not so great.

M_Tak

M_Tak

Hey Hicks,

Was at the premiere too, Could you message me with what you believe is the thing fans might find strange, I think I know but want to confirm!

rabidranger

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 04, 2017, 11:21:30 PM

Not just their origins. It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien.

The comment by Hicks comes off (at least to me) like they're messing with the continuity/cannon? Which is always annoying.

What is canon though? I mean, it's not like Alien was all that forthcoming on lore. This is likely Scott filling in the blanks in ways some fans don't like.

Cheeseburgers

Cheeseburgers

Are there editing issues like with Prometheus ( Janek's hat appearing then disappearing)?

echobbase79

Quote from: rabidranger on May 04, 2017, 11:26:43 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 04, 2017, 11:21:30 PM

What is canon though? I mean, it's not like Alien was all that forthcoming on lore. This is likely Scott filling in the blanks in ways some fans don't like.

I'm thinking it might have to do with
Spoiler
David being the originator of the Alien.
[close]

Which I've got mixed feelings about.

Denton Smalls

Hicks is there anything involving Shaw that we didn't already see in the trailers (hologram) and prologue?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed