Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,306 times)

Cheeseburgers

Cheeseburgers

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:01:15 PM
As it stands, I'd say about 6/7. That said I never really trust my first impressions so we'll see after I have chance to think about it (and see it again. Which I will be.)

Yeah I'm like that too, will probably need to see it a second time.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Ive always found seeing a movie youre so hyped for the first time, doesn't really sink in right away. And typically when you watch it again it feels more like you are watching the movie, stress free, if that makes sense

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 10:53:36 PM

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

That's all I'll say until Saturday/Sunday when I can post my full review.
How they are handled in terms of lore/origins or do you mean fx etc?

Cheeseburgers

Cheeseburgers

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 04, 2017, 11:03:45 PM
Ive always found seeing a movie youre so hyped for the first time, doesn't really sink in right away. And typically when you watch it again it feels more like you are watching the movie, stress free, if that makes sense
Yeah I especially find myself doing that with Star Wars films.

SuicideDoors

Hicks is it the portrayal of the Aliens you disliked or something to do with their origins? I don't know if you'd be saying too much by revealing that so no worries if you can't. Just worried the Aliens may not act like Aliens but more like dinosaurs.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 11:04:19 PM

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

Not just their origins. It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:06:16 PM

Not just their origins. It's like Ridley or Logan or Dante or whoever forgot to go and rewatch Alien.
So they've gone the dumb animal route then?

Corporal Hicks

I'm not talking in terms of how it's portrayed in that regards. Sorry to be so cryptic but I can't go into more. It's something I know bothered HuDa and I imagine it's something that'll really bother a lot of you.

Cheeseburgers

Cheeseburgers

Was it like Rogue One were some stuff wasn't in the trailers, or was everything accounted for, and was there a surprise they didn't reveal in them??

echobbase79

Okay, that bothers me.  :-X

Evanus

Evanus

Well that sucks.  :(

Can you tell if we learn anything new about the engineers or the black goo?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Thats surely by design, Ridley doesn't repeat himself

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
I'm not talking in terms of how it's portrayed in that regards. Sorry to be so cryptic but I can't go into more. It's something I know bothered HuDa and I imagine it's something that'll really bother a lot of you.

How intriguing...

T Dog

T Dog

Hmmm my mind is racing with whacked out ideas of what you mean. Aliens driving space cars?

Im more concerned with Ridleys "dont let it breathe" choppy editing though.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 11:16:45 PM
Hmmm my mind is racing with whacked out ideas of what you mean. Aliens driving space cars?

Im more concerned with Ridleys "dont let it breathe" choppy editing though.
He probably means this
Spoiler
The aliens smoke cigars in this
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed