Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,817 times)

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Cheeseburgers on May 04, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
So the consensus so far is?
Very positive it seems

echobbase79

Did the trailers show a piece of every scene from the film? I kinda of figured out the story beats after the first trailer. Also, does the shower scene feel out of place? I'm asking because a lot of fans were worried about that.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 10:09:01 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:46:23 PM
Quote from: oberonqa on May 04, 2017, 09:40:23 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: newagescamartist on May 04, 2017, 09:33:55 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

the franchise only took off thanks to the bigger sequel, thats a fact, after that it all went downhill.

Ok...
If Aliens never happened and wasnt made, do you think that would made a difference to the franchise, do you think we still would have sequels to this day?

Absolutely.
LOOOL thats a big f**kin lie.
Alien 3 came after Alien, it would have ended, big time!
If Aliens had been different, the story would have been different, and so Alien3 would have been different. In Star Trek terms, we're talking about an alternative timeline, so your claim is nonsense.

Ohhhh so he's an Aliens fanboy. This has started to make sense finally.

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 04, 2017, 10:10:56 PM
Ohhhh so he's an Aliens fanboy. This has started to make sense finally.

lol

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

What about the adult neo's? Do we see them, are they awesome?

Cheeseburgers

Cheeseburgers

Quote from: salomonj on May 04, 2017, 10:10:12 PM
Quote from: Cheeseburgers on May 04, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
So the consensus so far is?
Very positive it seems
Finally after years of waiting.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 10:13:35 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 04, 2017, 10:10:56 PM
Did the trailers show a piece of every scene from the film? I kinda of figured out the story beats after the first trailer. Also, does the shower scene feel out of place? I'm asking because a lot of fans were worried about that.

Will just say

Spoiler
I wouldn't be doing that after losing friends, so in a way it was a little weird emotionally, to be getting it on .
[close]
As for your spoiler, thats the first thing I would do. Everyone deals with tragedy in their own way I suppose, But If im in a plane going down, thats how Im going out

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 04, 2017, 10:05:56 PM
Well Covenant was always gonna be more of a Prometheus sequel just by the nature of it involving the Engineers story and David. I think people expected it to be an Alien film due to the marketing, which heavily relied on the Xeno, but that was just because Prometheus had a mixed reception and they wanted to try and convince people this would be different. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Well, the engineers
Spoiler
are killed
[close]
and we probably learn nothing new about them. Shaw is barely in the movie,
Spoiler
and gets killed too.
[close]
The themes and ideas explored in Prometheus are most likely gone. Instead we get a much more straightforward thriller/horror movie. I wouldn't call that a proper Prometheus sequel, honestly. The only thing that really remains from Prometheus, is David. And I'm afraid they reduced his character to a cliché villain.

Cheeseburgers

oberonqa

oberonqa

the franchise only took off thanks to the bigger sequel, thats a fact, after that it all went downhill.

Ok...
If Aliens never happened and wasnt made, do you think that would made a difference to the franchise, do you think we still would have sequels to this day?

Absolutely.

Thanks for calling me a liar.  You asked a question  and I answered it. To elaborate, there would be more Alien movies if Aliens hadn't happened.  They would likely have been horror films like the first one rather than branching into action adventure territory like Aliens did.  Both Aliens and Alien 3 would have been entirely different movies, especially if Ridley was brought back to direct Alien 2.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 10:09:01 PM

Ok...

Absolutely.
If Aliens had been different, the story would have been different, and so Alien3 would have been different. In Star Trek terms, we're talking about an alternative timeline, so your claim is nonsense.
Yeah but who would have made the sequel? You? LOL lets be honest a cry baby on a movie forum site thinks he could make a better sequel then Cameron, are you retarded? Or is hfeldhaus the only retard around here?

salomonj

Infected

Infected

Quote from: oberonqa on May 04, 2017, 10:21:41 PM

Ok...

Absolutely.

Thamks for calling me a liar.  You asked a question  and I answered it. To elaborate, there would be more Alien movies if Aliens hadn't happened.  They would likely have been horror films like the first one rather than branching into action adventure territory like Aliens did.  Both Aliens and Alien 3 would have been entirely different movies, especially if Ridley was brought back to direct Alien 2.
You are welcome, if you are being dissrespectfull so can i.

whiterabbit

So far; so much better than just good.

Also to the group of you who won't stop gripping. Could you guys please stop griping. This is the early reactions to Covenant thread and not the let's gripe about our gripes thread. I mean it's hard to get to the reactions in between all of the griping. Yes and I too, like to gripe myself but it has become annoying as hell.

Now what is this "should've Shaw it coming" thing about? I figure the Alien is the real engineer and there will be 1 million aliens at the end of the movie.

echobbase79

Quote from: salomonj on May 04, 2017, 10:24:32 PM
Seriously guys shut the f**k up

https://twitter.com/Naomikisted/status/860258560818728960

That's the first time I've seen you get mad.  ;)

Seriously guys, take that to PMs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed