Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 148,064 times)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: oberonqa on May 04, 2017, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 09:08:25 PM
Ridley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.
Yeah thats disturbing, and also means for the future of this franchise we wont be getting a little Giger influence and jockey "magic"
this is it, bald tall white guys and Fassbenders.

But seeing your comments its easy to say you are to narrow minded to see and understand the big picture.
Ridley knows Alien can stand alone. He's going in new directions because the guy has been in the business for a long time. How exactly would you go about it? Enlighten me.

Or enlighten yourself. You ooze negativity.
In what did Alien stand alone? most of us stop watching after the jockey scene in Alien, Aliens isnt even Ridley's view on it all, Alien3 was an even bigger piece of ..... Alien:R was the biggest joke ever, the AVP's are just mutilated fastfood movies.
Prometheus was an even bigger mess, the last movies that came from Ridley really didnt do that well did they, The Martian, the Counselor, its one big mess he is creating.
Tell me, how does Alien can stand alone LOL

You do like broad generalizations, dont't you?  I watch Alien from beginning to end... I don't stop watching after the jockey scene, as you put it

Are you even a fan of the franchise???
[/quote]Then why wasnt there a single alien in Prometheus LOL
Because i created Alien and Prometheus haha nobody out there that would have made Alien would have come up with Prometheus the way it did.

How much fan are you? im such a big fan i dare to critize that wich i believed in.
Do you?

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Every comment Ive seen range from Amazing, to good. Have not seen a single negative comment. And you knuckleheads argueing and getting personal, just stop

Infected

Infected

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 04, 2017, 09:26:12 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:23:20 PM
Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:04:03 PMRidley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.
Yeah thats disturbing, and also means for the future of this franchise we wont be getting a little Giger influence and jockey "magic"

But seeing your comments its easy to say you are to narrow minded to see and understand the big picture.

I really do hope Ridley is reading this thread, I mean, how else will he become a better director if he doesn't read and learn from Infected?
For instance its not about me, although you butthurt girls are trying to attack me, but the fact is that Prometheus is living proof Ridley didnt understand is own franchise and his own magic, you are telling me he did??? you gonna lie here and keep making dumb remarks about me and say oh but Ridley is the master he understands it perfectly, after Prometheus and the mess he gave us. LOL
Tell me, how do you like your alien franchise world after this movie will suck just as hard as Prometheus. or just a little less.
Yeah the work of a master that understands his own work, NOT!! just another Lucas.

Chill out, there's no need to start calling people names.

It's quite clear this film is getting you pissed off so you should take a break from talking about it.
Yeah well maybe thats the way the game goes, you get called out, you call them back.

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:26:26 PM
Ridley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.

Ridley knows Alien can stand alone. He's going in new directions because the guy has been in the business for a long time. How exactly would you go about it? Enlighten me.

In what did Alien stand alone? most of us stop watching after the jockey scene in Alien, Aliens isnt even Ridley's view on it all, Alien3 was an even bigger piece of ..... Alien:R was the biggest joke ever, the AVP's are just mutilated fastfood movies.
Prometheus was an even bigger mess, the last movies that came from Ridley really didnt do that well did they, The Martian, the Counselor, its one big mess he is creating.

You do like broad generalizations, dont't you?  I watch Alien from beginning to end... I don't stop watching after the jockey scene, as you put it

Then why wasnt there a single alien in Prometheus LOL
Because i created Alien and Prometheus haha nobody out there that would have made Alien would have come up with Prometheus the way it did.

How much fan are you? im such a big fan i dare to critize that wich i believed in.
Do you?
[/quote]
You make no sense whatsoever. You're wasting away.

salomonj

echobbase79

I gotta admit, I'm curious to see a negative review pop up.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 09:29:11 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:26:26 PM

Then why wasnt there a single alien in Prometheus LOL

Do you?
You make no sense whatsoever. You're wasting away.
[/quote]So maybe you need to go back to your provoking comments towards me if you cant end this in a verbal way,
you can start about the "ladiezzzz" again LOL

the franchise only took off thanks to the bigger sequel, thats a fact, after that it all went downhill.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

the franchise only took off thanks to the bigger sequel, thats a fact, after that it all went downhill.

Ok...

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 04, 2017, 09:30:33 PM
I gotta admit, I'm curious to see a negative review pop up.

Usually need more time. It's hard to say it's complete shit, negative are usually more in the grey and they need argument to prove so.
Emotional reactions are just what you're going to get for the first days the movie launched.
Every movie has it that way, it's only days after and sometimes weeks that some "reviews" becomes to be interesting as the film has been digested. Sometimes a second re-watch (even if you consider it bad) is good enough to have a more proper lecture.
I didn't realize how Prometheus and AVP were close at the beginning for example, took me a second viewing to notice why I had such a cliché déjà vu film in my mind despite the fact it tried too well to scream at your face "I'm original".

So yeah, don't expect a lot on review side, positive or negative, people speak with their guts and bawls, not their brains right now.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 04, 2017, 09:33:55 PM

Ok...
If Aliens never happened and wasnt made, do you think that would made a difference to the franchise, do you think we still would have sequels to this day?

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: newagescamartist on May 04, 2017, 09:33:55 PM

Ok...
If Aliens never happened and wasnt made, do you think that would made a difference to the franchise, do you think we still would have sequels to this day?

Absolutely.

cucuchu

cucuchu

It surprises me that there only positive to gushing first impressions yet still arguing going on in the thread. Understand the passion but can we just be content that we have a good legit Alien movie that looks like it can stand alongside the first two? I personally am very happy right now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed