Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,970 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Im guessing Corporal Hicks issues probably have to do with Alien lore being f**ked with!

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: 343 on May 04, 2017, 09:06:55 PM
https://twitter.com/_CorporalHicks/status/860238289856581634
https://twitter.com/_CorporalHicks/status/860238685299769344
QuoteDefinitely messy in the good proper fashion! :D Bad messy as in the Alien fan inside me groaned due to some bits.

Quickly everyone, run for the hills!

Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 09:07:36 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 04, 2017, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 08:54:18 PM
Just come out of it.
If not gruesome action flooding the screen, it's mysterious conversations filling the gaps.

Some issues, but need to rewatch to see if any still still stick out.

*They cut out one very advertised shot, which was a surprise.

Oh I hope it's not the bombing scene  :-X

Nope :)

Cool, thanks. :)

Le Celticant

Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 09:11:52 PM
Oh, I feel the negative vibe but I'm denying it, am I indeed? LOL

This thread has been quite clearly positive towards the film.

And then there's you. And to be clear - you're not being negative about the film. You're being negative about the rest of the members. You're telling us we are lying to ourselves, and you - and only you - know what we think.

You're full of it.

Remember that anger goes both way. Positive and Negative are just thoughts that depends of someone's view.
Be careful not to sink in it nor to encourage with each post the fire to burn twice the flame.

This thread is a thread, with a subject and conversations. It is nothing else you both party wants it to be.
If positiveness or negativity has an impact on the view you'll have of the film you have yet to watch, maybe you should stay away to keep your emotions clear.

thexenomorph

Quote from: Enoch on May 04, 2017, 09:14:29 PM
QuoteJust out of Alien Covenant... it has been marketed as a more Alien like film... it's actually a straight sequel of Prometheus, very much so
https://twitter.com/Carlos_Adama/status/860241018993733632
Now that's what I like! :)

Infected

Infected

[/quote]
Oh, I feel the negative vibe but I'm denying it, am I indeed? LOL

This thread has been quite clearly positive towards the film.

And then there's you. And to be clear - you're not being negative about the film. You're being negative about the rest of the members. You're telling us we are lying to ourselves, and you - and only you - know what we think.

You're full of it.
[/quote]No, just stating the facts that you guys are hanging around to find or see a real positive comment or tweet comming from the screenings, its not your fault, but the reactions arent that WOW!!

hollypops

hollypops

Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 09:07:36 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 04, 2017, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 08:54:18 PM
Just come out of it.
If not gruesome action flooding the screen, it's mysterious conversations filling the gaps.

Some issues, but need to rewatch to see if any still still stick out.

*They cut out one very advertised shot, which was a surprise.

Oh I hope it's not the bombing scene  :-X

Nope :)
Alien smashing the head on the glass shot I say

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:17:55 PMNo, just stating the facts ...
Facts, right.

acidreign

acidreign

Positive-to-mixed/positive is a pretty damn good baseline for first reactions if you ask me.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 09:15:40 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 09:08:25 PM
Ridley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.
Yeah thats disturbing, and also means for the future of this franchise we wont be getting a little Giger influence and jockey "magic"
this is it, bald tall white guys and Fassbenders.

But seeing your comments its easy to say you are to narrow minded to see and understand the big picture.
Ridley knows Alien can stand alone. He's going in new directions because the guy has been in the business for a long time. How exactly would you go about it? Enlighten me.

Or enlighten yourself. You ooze negativity.
In what did Alien stand alone? most of us stop watching after the jockey scene in Alien, Aliens isnt even Ridley's view on it all, Alien3 was an even bigger piece of ..... Alien:R was the biggest joke ever, the AVP's are just mutilated fastfood movies.
Prometheus was an even bigger mess, the last movies that came from Ridley really didnt do that well did they, The Martian, the Counselor, its one big mess he is creating.
Tell me, how does Alien can stand alone LOL
Most of us? So, you? You don't speak for anybody. You're a waste of time.
[/quote]But i do speak for the people ive spoken with.

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: T Dog on May 04, 2017, 09:16:34 PM
Im guessing Corporal Hicks issues probably have to do with Alien lore being f**ked with!
So maybe not major problems with how the film is made?

Stanley

Stanley

Is there any Human or AI interaction with the Engineers before they're exterminated?

Infected

Infected

Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:04:03 PMRidley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.
Yeah thats disturbing, and also means for the future of this franchise we wont be getting a little Giger influence and jockey "magic"

But seeing your comments its easy to say you are to narrow minded to see and understand the big picture.

I really do hope Ridley is reading this thread, I mean, how else will he become a better director if he doesn't read and learn from Infected?
For instance its not about me, although you butthurt girls are trying to attack me, but the fact is that Prometheus is living proof Ridley didnt understand is own franchise and his own magic, you are telling me he did??? you gonna lie here and keep making dumb remarks about me and say oh but Ridley is the master he understands it perfectly, after Prometheus and the mess he gave us. LOL
Tell me, how do you like your alien franchise world after this movie will suck just as hard as Prometheus. or just a little less.
Yeah the work of a master that understands his own work, NOT!! just another Lucas.

Stolen

Stolen

Everything I read about Covenant looks very good! Impatient!

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:23:20 PM
Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:04:03 PMRidley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.

I really do hope Ridley is reading this thread, I mean, how else will he become a better director if he doesn't read and learn from Infected?
For instance its not about me, although you butthurt girls are trying to attack me, but the fact is that Prometheus is living proof Ridley didnt understand is own franchise and his own magic, you are telling me he did??? you gonna lie here and keep making dumb remarks about me and say oh but Ridley is the master he understands it perfectly, after Prometheus and the mess he gave us. LOL
Tell me, how do you like your alien franchise world after this movie will suck just as hard as Prometheus. or just a little less.
Yeah the work of a master that understands his own work, NOT!! just another Lucas.

Chill out, there's no need to start calling people names.

It's quite clear this film is getting you pissed off so you should take a break from talking about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed