Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,404 times)

Infected

Infected

Quote from: salomonj on May 04, 2017, 09:01:05 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: 343 on May 04, 2017, 08:57:27 PM
Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 08:52:35 PM
Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 08:50:33 PM
Quote from: szkoki on May 04, 2017, 08:48:45 PM
most of the Prometheus reviews were also great
The reason people here are searching for good vibes coming from the visitors, is because the first reactions didnt seem so good,
no worries or hate but its the truth.
You're wrong.
First reactions? Didn't hear anything negative yet.
Hicks's tweet is also not that promissing, i wouldnt call that a positive tweet, kinda the same as Hudafuk, a little better then Prometheus.
I find that disturbing.
I thought it was positive. More satisfying than prometheus is more satisfying than prometheus. Thats a good thing.
From a certain point of view yes  :D

Infected

Infected

Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on May 04, 2017, 09:00:30 PM
Quote from: zoidy on May 04, 2017, 08:59:03 PM
The reason people here are searching for good vibes coming from the visitors, is because the first reactions didnt seem so good,
You do realise your disappointment and downers are not shared by the majority? Just saying.

Hey ... maybe it's not the majority here that have the problem?  ;)

What is the problem?
Infected is telling us it's not going to be good, seems upset about it, but is confused that most of us are quite up beat and positive. This appears to annoy him.

No, I've no idea why.
Another butthurt comment, i was asking why you guys are getting hyped over some hipsters/non alien fan tweets, while the tweets and comments ive seen from alien fans arent hyped or really happy, if the movie was real good, we wouldnt be having this comment war, its really simple, its another overhyped movie, studio pleaser.
The annoying part is, the fact you guys need this confirmation, because you feel the negative vibe but are denying it.

M_Tak

M_Tak

Quote from: Predaker on May 04, 2017, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 08:54:18 PM
Just come out of it.
If not gruesome action flooding the screen, it's mysterious conversations filling the gaps.

Some issues, but need to rewatch to see if any still still stick out.

*They cut out one very advertised shot, which was a surprise.

Oh I hope it's not the bombing scene  :-X

Nope :)

Citadel

Citadel

Ridley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.
Yeah thats disturbing, and also means for the future of this franchise we wont be getting a little Giger influence and jockey "magic"
this is it, bald tall white guys and Fassbenders.

But seeing your comments its easy to say you are to narrow minded to see and understand the big picture.
[/quote]
Ridley knows Alien can stand alone. He's going in new directions because the guy has been in the business for a long time. How exactly would you go about it? Enlighten me.

Or enlighten yourself. You ooze negativity.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: M_Tak on May 04, 2017, 09:07:36 PM
Just come out of it.
If not gruesome action flooding the screen, it's mysterious conversations filling the gaps.

Alien jumping in the corridor or Weyland scene????

Fire Marshall Bill

Wonder if it's the cg on the alien and or how it moves

oberonqa

oberonqa

You do realise your disappointment and downers are not shared by the majority? Just saying.

What is the problem?
Infected is telling us it's not going to be good, seems upset about it, but is confused that most of us are quite up beat and positive. This appears to annoy him.

No, I've no idea why.

Some people define their existence by how much discord they can sow.  Anger is their weapon and tears their currency.

Just come out of it.

The shower scene?

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:07:23 PM

What is the problem?

No, I've no idea why.
Another butthurt comment, i was asking why you guys are getting hyped over some hipsters/non alien fan tweets, while the tweets and comments ive seen from alien fans arent hyped or really happy, if the movie was real good, we wouldnt be having this comment war, its really simple, its another overhyped movie, studio pleaser.
The annoying part is, the fact you guys need this confirmation, because you feel the negative vibe but are denying it.

Oh, I feel the negative vibe but I'm denying it, am I indeed? LOL

This thread has been quite clearly positive towards the film.

And then there's you. And to be clear - you're not being negative about the film. You're being negative about the rest of the members. You're telling us we are lying to ourselves, and you - and only you - know what we think.

You're full of it.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 09:08:25 PM
Ridley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.
Yeah thats disturbing, and also means for the future of this franchise we wont be getting a little Giger influence and jockey "magic"

But seeing your comments its easy to say you are to narrow minded to see and understand the big picture.
Ridley knows Alien can stand alone. He's going in new directions because the guy has been in the business for a long time. How exactly would you go about it? Enlighten me.

[/quote]
In what did Alien stand alone? most of us stop watching after the jockey scene in Alien, Aliens isnt even Ridley's view on it all, Alien3 was an even bigger piece of ..... Alien:R was the biggest joke ever, the AVP's are just mutilated fastfood movies.
Prometheus was an even bigger mess, the last movies that came from Ridley really didnt do that well did they, The Martian, the Counselor, its one big mess he is creating.
Tell me, how does Alien can stand alone LOL

Enoch

Enoch

QuoteJust out of Alien Covenant... it has been marketed as a more Alien like film... it's actually a straight sequel of Prometheus, very much so
https://twitter.com/Carlos_Adama/status/860241018993733632

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: oberonqa on May 04, 2017, 09:09:35 PM

Just come out of it.

The shower scene?

That hasn't really been advertised that much as say, the Xeno corridor scene. (IMO)

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:12:53 PM

In what did Alien stand alone? most of us stop watching after the jockey scene in Alien, Aliens isnt even Ridley's view on it all, Alien3 was an even bigger piece of ..... Alien:R was the biggest joke ever, the AVP's are just mutilated fastfood movies.
Prometheus was an even bigger mess, the last movies that came from Ridley really didnt do that well did they, The Martian, the Counselor, its one big mess he is creating.
[/quote]
Most of us? So, you? You don't speak for anybody. You're a waste of time.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:12:53 PM

[/quote]

You do like broad generalizations, dont't you?  I watch Alien from beginning to end... I don't stop watching after the jockey scene, as you put it

Are you even a fan of the franchise???

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: Infected on May 04, 2017, 09:04:03 PMRidley is just pulling a Lucas with his own franchise, not going in on the things that make the movies great, because the master doesnt even know what made his franchise so good.

I really do hope Ridley is reading this thread, I mean, how else will he become a better director if he doesn't read and learn from Infected?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed