Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 148,049 times)

bloated_imp

Maybe Shaw is able to have/produce ovum after David's little experiment in Prometheus. Then perhaps Shaw was fatally sick from the new ovum and died while David was trying to remove them? Or something along those lines :)

dlb

dlb

that leads me to another question: is it mandatory for someone to have seen Prometheus before that movie to actually understand it? :D

Dardooder

Dardooder

Syntax, can you say whether or not LV-426 is referenced or seen in this movie?

rabidranger

Quote from: bloated_imp on May 04, 2017, 02:05:07 PM
Maybe Shaw is able to have/produce ovum after David's little experiment in Prometheus. Then perhaps Shaw was fatally sick from the new ovum and died while David was trying to remove them? Or something along those lines :)

While there seems to be some affection expressed by David towards Shaw in the prologue part of me wonders if it's a long con so that he can use her later for his own nefarious purposes.

SyntaX

SyntaX

I'm saying that, despite me giving out a slight spoiler, you still know nothing.
Trust me, you'll be suprised. Some might like it, some won't. It's really hard for me to keep my lips sealed... You all will find out soon enough.

Quote from: Dardooder on May 04, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

"It's a rock. No indigenous life."

SiL

SiL

He makes them out of her eggs?

Either way it's clear he makes them.

rabidranger

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

That's what I think. He also introduces elements from other flora/fauna in order to fine tune the delivery system.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 02:13:56 PM
I'm saying that, despite me giving out a slight spoiler, you still know nothing.
Trust me, you'll be suprised.

Okay.

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

Yep.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 02:13:56 PM
Trust me, you'll be suprised. Some might like it, some won't. It's really hard for me to keep my lips sealed... You all will find out soon enough.

Quote from: Dardooder on May 04, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

"It's a rock. No indigenous life."
Except for the people who've read the leaks.  ;)

I mean, almost the whole movie has already been leaked online. I don't think I'll be very surprised.

bloated_imp

I hope it's not just what was mentioned/shown images of in another thread - that the eggs are created from different elements, which are flora/fauna/indigenous creatures of the Paradise planet/moon. It would completely remove the Giger aspect of it - at least for me.

Xeno_from_Belgium

A question about the direction, the photography: it is even more beautiful visually? Did you see it on Imax or in the cinema?

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Xeno_from_Belgium on May 04, 2017, 02:36:37 PM
A question about the direction, the photography: it is even more beautiful visually? Did you see it on Imax or in the cinema?

Regular version.
It's a gorgeous movie. To me, it felt bigger when comparing it to Prometheus.

Evanus

Evanus

Can you tell if we learn anything of the engineers on this planet, and the citadel?

juxtapose

juxtapose

which was your favorite act. .first, second or third ?.. And is their plenty of action compared to prometheus and aliens?

Richman678

Richman678

man oh man I gotta stay out of this thread!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed