Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,711 times)

Xeno_from_Belgium

Thanks Syntaxx! do you want to rewatch it ?
I want to know if the score (i listened it and i loved it a lot) in the film was good too with the movie of course. And finally did you feel something in the movie, from an emotional point of view with certain characters? thanks again ;)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Xeno_from_Belgium on May 04, 2017, 12:10:44 PM
I want to know if the score (i listened it and i loved it a lot) in the film was good too with the movie of course. And finally did you feel something in the movie, from an emotional point of view with certain characters? thanks again ;)

Good question. :)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Enoch on May 04, 2017, 12:10:20 PM
Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 12:07:08 PM

The thing is ... why didn't they call it Prometheus - Covenant?
From a marketing perspective, yes, the reinvigorated the Alien franchise. Again, Covenant is a welcome addition to the Alien franchise and a vast improvement over Prometheus.

I can't go into details about the Xenomorph just yet, but I have no doubt that the outcome of Covenant will be great to some and disappointing to others.

Great for those who liked Prometheus or hated it? :)

In general, to be honest.
Some will like it, some won't.

Let me state that Alien Covenant is much closer to the original Alien/Aliens in terms of feeling and setting. Because of this, some fans might become upset or pleased by certain outcomes that are depicted in Covenant (damn, that was a tough one to answer).

Quote from: Xeno_from_Belgium on May 04, 2017, 12:10:44 PM

The score was good. It did it's job well. Although, lets face it guys ... nothing beats the original!  ;)

And yes, I'll watch it again when it gets released here. That's for sure. There's tons of stuff I might've overlooked.
And sorry, can't talk about characters in detail. There were plenty of "ooooo" and "holy shit" moments, that I can answer.

Enoch

Enoch

Thanks for all the answers,  SyntaX.
We ve bombarded you with the questions like David
bombarded those Engineers with the goo ampules. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Enoch on May 04, 2017, 12:22:39 PM

O?

;)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

O?

;)

;D ;D ;D I knew it. ;)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Enoch on May 04, 2017, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

O?

;)

;D ;D ;D I knew it. ;)

Knew what?   ;)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 12:28:22 PM
Knew what?   ;)

Still not sure... Perhaps I will truly know after I see the movie :)  :laugh:
I know that I know nothing...

P.S. Those pale guys always looked different from the ones in Prometheus...

dlb

dlb

thanks for answering Syntax! sounds very promising while you still couldn't give us definite answers. :)

Dardooder

Dardooder

SyntaX, besides what we've seen in trailers and official released footage, to what degree is there a Giger-esque influence? As far as bio-mechanical things go.

windebieste

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 12:09:41 PMThe only good thing we got out of AVP:R was the Predalien.

YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!

The Predalien was more or less the only thing about the movie that was any good.  I guess 'ALIEN: Covenant' is substantially better than 'AvP-R'.  Looking forward to seeing this soon.

-Windebieste.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 11:45:20 AM
Much ... MUCH better than Alien 3 and Alien Ressurection.

The only problem I had with Covenant is that it doesn't feel "new". Making something feel "new" is a hard thing to do considering everything has been covered before. We all know the Xenomorph. The only thing that remains a mystery is it's origin. And by that I mean, it's TRUE origin.

Thanks for your comments and giving us your impressions without spoiling anything  :) Exactly the type of comments I was hoping to find. I am hopeful there are still some mysteries left to be explored in further films.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Dardooder on May 04, 2017, 12:37:18 PM
SyntaX, besides what we've seen in trailers and official released footage, to what degree is there a Giger-esque influence? As far as bio-mechanical things go.

The Giger influence is present in Alien Covenant.
That being said, the Xenomorph = Giger. But we all know there's other ... "things" ... besides the Xeno.

Sorry Dardooder, can't go into specifics just yet. I'm sure you are able to answer your own questions after viewing the tv-spots and trailers though  8)

Dardooder

Dardooder

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 12:46:12 PM
Quote from: Dardooder on May 04, 2017, 12:37:18 PM

The Giger influence is present in Alien Covenant.
That being said, the Xenomorph = Giger. But we all know there's other ... "things" ... besides the Xeno.

Sorry Dardooder, can't go into specifics just yet. I'm sure you are able to answer your own questions after viewing the tv-spots and trailers though  8)

Thanks man! That's good to hear.

Can you tell us anything regarding the fate of Shaw? I realize that may be too much to ask.  ;D

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 11:04:46 AM

Spoiler
The mystery of the Xenomorph and it's origin should've remained a mystery though
[close]

Can't say much more.

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair."

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed