Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 149,697 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: NickisSmart on May 04, 2017, 09:22:00 AMSo, some argue, was Aliens. :P

And some of those people really don't like Aliens as a result :) Point being, the new one may not please some of those who really enjoyed Prometheus for it's higher concepts.

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 04, 2017, 09:24:21 AMSo huda, what was your feelings going into the movie, Were you one of the sceptics? Or did you think it would be good?

Pretty neutral. I'd enjoyed the preview footage but I remembered how disappointed I was by Prommy, so I was trying to keep my expectations down.

There's one thing in particular I really want to say about the film that would better clarify my opinion of it, but it would definitely cross into review territory :laugh: I'm going to write up some thoughts to send to Hicks to post Sunday once the embargo's up (as I'm going to be away until Tuesday).

Xeno_from_Belgium

A:C must see in Imax or not ? the scope/scale was better than PR ?

Stolen

Stolen

Last question Huda, What is Covenant's rank in your top Alien (Prometheus included)

5 days for me, can't wait guys !!!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2017, 10:16:24 AM
Quote from: NickisSmart on May 04, 2017, 09:22:00 AMSo, some argue, was Aliens. :P

And some of those people really don't like Aliens as a result :) Point being, the new one may not please some of those who really enjoyed Prometheus for it's higher concepts.

Prometheus wasn't real Alien movie. I'm glad that Covenant is more simple and straightforward sci-fi thriller.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stolen on May 04, 2017, 10:30:53 AMLast question Huda, What is Covenant's rank in your top Alien (Prometheus included)

Again, I think that might breach the embargo, sorry.

Moreover, I think I'd need to see the film again to accurately gauge it. I'm really curious to see how it rates with a repeat viewing, which I'm hoping to try and wrangle tonight.

Stolen

Stolen

I understand, thank you for your first impressions! I hope the film will be a critical and public success. We need this !

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2017, 10:36:18 AM
Quote from: Stolen on May 04, 2017, 10:30:53 AMLast question Huda, What is Covenant's rank in your top Alien (Prometheus included)

Again, I think that might breach the embargo, sorry.

Moreover, I think I'd need to see the film again to accurately gauge it. I'm really curious to see how it rates with a repeat viewing, which I'm hoping to try and wrangle tonight.
caaaamaaaaan man. Can't somebodys cousin have told you their opinion which you can post here?  ;)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Well ... that was ... good, I guess? Better than Prometheus due to the Xenomorph being in this.

Spoiler
The mystery of the Xenomorph and it's origin should've remained a mystery though
[close]

Can't say much more.

Bonus Situation

Hi HuDa - can you say if there was much from the trailers / prologues that didn't make the final cut?

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 11:04:46 AM
Well ... that was ... good, I guess? Better than Prometheus due to the Xenomorph being in this.

Spoiler
The mystery of the Xenomorph and it's origin should've remained a mystery though
[close]

Can't say much more.

Are you pretty positive on the film or closer to feeling mixed about it? Kind of getting similar reactions to Prometheus from what I am reading. Which is fine by me, I still enjoyed the movie despite its flaws.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 11:31:32 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Can't say much more.

Are you pretty positive on the film or closer to feeling mixed about it? Kind of getting similar reactions to Prometheus from what I am reading. Which is fine by me, I still enjoyed the movie despite its flaws.

Let me state that I did not like Prometheus. Although I liked the way they had some nods to the original Alien movie ... it tried way too hard to establish something "new".

Alien Covenant is a much more straight forward movie.
More of a thriller/horror flick than Prometheus was. Which is a good thing.

Been a long time member here ... although I don't post much, I thought you guys would like my "review". I can't say much more untill somewhere next week though.

Xeno_from_Belgium

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 11:36:27 AM
Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 11:31:32 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Can't say much more.

Let me state that I did not like Prometheus. Although I liked the way they had some nods to the original Alien movie ... it tried way too hard to establish something "new".

Alien Covenant is a much more straight forward movie.
More of a thriller/horror flick than Prometheus was. Which is a good thing.

Been a long time member here ... although I don't post much, I thought you guys would like my "review". I can't say much more untill somewhere next week though.

Better than Alien 3 ? and may be AR ;D?

Necronomicon II

Good to hear. :)

Evanus

Evanus

All the people who've seen it so far seem to dislike Prometheus, lol.

I actually kinda liked Prometheus, so I hope I'll like this one as well. But so far it seems like it will be very mixed for me. I hope it's not only a thriller/horror flick.  :-[

SyntaX

SyntaX

Much ... MUCH better than Alien 3 and Alien Ressurection.

The only problem I had with Covenant is that it doesn't feel "new". Making something feel "new" is a hard thing to do considering everything has been covered before. We all know the Xenomorph. The only thing that remains a mystery is it's origin. And by that I mean, it's TRUE origin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed