Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 40,208 times)

Anakin!

I hope not!  I want to see Alien 5 from Blomkamp!

Anakin21

Anyone, who is interestetd in Alien 5 from Blomkamp, please sign the petition!
I want a new movie with Weaver, I want this newl sequel to Aliens and not tons of prequels.
Prometheus was not good at all.
Do it until Michael Bien and Sigourney Weaver are to old.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neill-blomkamp-for-alien5

Morghul1983

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 17, 2017, 04:40:36 PM
three more after these three?...I mean...unless one of those is Blomkamps it might to start to feel like treading over the same ground repeatedly. How long can we dip into the origins of the Alien before it gets stale?

One of the reasons I like Alien and Aliens so much is because they're different takes on the same idea.

That's a good question...I think we must send it to mister scotts mail account  8)

Lets hope that we not lose the dark mysterious feelings from the alien universe after so much time. less but realy goods ones are bether then to much... and in the end we got a lemmed alien/prometheus lemon!

Necronomicon II

I'm thinking he just slipped up with the order, naming the novelisation in response to the next film doesn't seem likely, but we'll see. 
As for another potential trilogy, well I think it's more that he loves doing these films and if they continue to be successful enough then yeah he'd just keep going.

Xenomorphine

D88M

the order is odd, i am sure chronologically Awakening will be after Covenant, also: "Adding more confusion to the pot, Scott seems to state that Alien: Covenant is the second in the prequel trilogy (with Prometheus being the start) and not the start of a brand new trilogy as is generally reported" we all know Covenant is the second part of a trilogy started with prometheus and is retarded if Fox decides to make it just a prologue

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I would imagine that the "Awakening" might refer to all those colonists currently in cryo aboard the Covenant that will be thawed and awakened once they reach their original, intended destination.

Anthony

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2017, 05:15:48 PM
I would imagine that the "Awakening" might refer to all those colonists currently in cryo aboard the Covenant that will be thawed and awakened once they reach their original, intended destination.

Sounds plausible.

FreeFacehugz

Pretty sure he just mixed up the order.

Also. Really don't like "Awakenings" as a title. Sounds like a bad brainstorming session at Marvel Studios.

newagescamartist

Even weirder is that Waterson seems to know all about this. So I guess she's read the script already, lol.

CainsSon

CainsSon

This one line about the AWAKENING being before COVENANT, having come from this wonderfulguy's indecipherable language, is going to eat at me for years now. I'm gonna want that to end up as the title of the Prequel Novel, just so I can put it to rest!

As for the idea that the sequel may be a prequel, well, it may also be both? For instance, this movie starts before Prometheus, and then jumps ahead, right? So perhaps AWAKENING starts before COVENANT with SHAW and then jumps to the events after PROMETHEUS? This would involve both SHAW 'Awakening' on the Juggernaut with David, AND the COLONISTS 'Awakening' on the Covenant?

In fact, right now, my money is on that. This could also explain why the scenes with Shaw may have been cut from this.

Necronomicon II

Yeah, I don't know about that,
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2017, 05:15:48 PM

Yeah I'm thinking this could be it, could also signify the classic star beast coming into existence as well.

Ultramorph

Another prequel: because they already don't know what to do with the ending they set up in Covenant.

XENOMORPHOSIS

"There has been an AWAKENING... Have you felt it?"

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 17, 2017, 06:06:16 PM
Another prequel: because they already don't know what to do with the ending they set up in Covenant.

They're already writing Covenant's sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed