Should the crew get to achieve any mission objectives before terror ensues?

Started by motherfather, Feb 24, 2017, 11:21:22 PM

Author
Should the crew get to achieve any mission objectives before terror ensues? (Read 358 times)

motherfather

motherfather

OK, it is true we don't get to see any mining taking place in Alien.

The Prometheus crew were tasked with a discovery mission.

But apart from reconnaissance / having a look around, in Covenant do you think the crew will even make a start on any mission prework/neccessary terraforming before they are interrupted and all hell breaks loose?

Somebody has to make the decision whether the planet is a viable mission target after all, and then hop to it with establishing a settlement.

Or do you reckon its a case of set foot on planet and all hell breaks loose before you've even opened your toolbag?

I like the idea of them actually making a start on things, then lulled into a false sense of security, everything suddenly goes pear shaped while they are going about their business.

whiterabbit

Maybe they'll get to at least open a box of shake and bake. However from what we've seen I'd guess that within 5 minutes shenanigans will ensure and in another 5, pure horror.

NickisSmart

Based on the screenings and what no, they're visiting the planet to investigate a distress single, just like in Alien; it's not even the purpose of their ship (they're a colony ship, not a rescue ship). Surprised it's even in their cotnract given the fact that they have so many colonists on board. I read somewhere that these colonists are "grown"? Even if they weren't, it seems awfully risky to send a ship with such a precious cargo on a deadly goose chase. 7 space truckers is one thing. But a ship full of thousands of frozen colonists? God damn company. As Samurai Cop would say, What about their lives, you son of a bitches?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed