The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,061 times)

motherfather

motherfather

Im also not quite sure what to make of it. Im open to new ideas. It sounds like an organic version of the molten metal Terminator 2.

Design wise it sounds like they took inspiration from Prometheus and the Engineer ship's control panel that has those pale oval squidgy buttons that squeak when touched.

I'm a bit sad they seem to be moving towards bio-evolution and away from bio-mechanical and Giger-esque creations. Perhaps the most worrying though, is that, yet again, we seem to have to put up with aliens that may ultimately have a human, bipedal, silhouette.

Anyway, this could be either really good and a breath of fresh (spore-y) air a la X files Firewalker episode. Or really bad in The Blob starring Steve Mcqueen sort of way. I think I'll have to see the movie to know either way.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sounds really cool, interesting cousin to the creature we already know. Sounds like a bloody good time.

I do still hope to see big chap in the film too though.

Infected

Infected

the alien version of a tall psycho murderer.

Quote from: Saggit on Oct 24, 2016, 09:34:08 AM
This is terrible! I mean the creature is terrible. And not in a good way. I want our regular xenomorph, not some albino. Ridley Scott please stop toying around. Prometheus was enough! Just make a good Alien movie like you did in 1979...
All this black goo, zombies and giant octopus bullsh...OH! And that "Alien" in the end. You can probably bash it to death with a broom stick. We have a saying in Poland:" Better is an enemy of good". I have such a love/hate attitude towards this movie...
The normal xeno isnt scary anymore, its just cannon fodder.
Having a tall slim psycho looking xeno wich is far superior in everything and having the mind of ten smart Einsteins all based on how to kill you off as nasty as possible, and being as fast as a cheetah, this thing coming after you in a ship or jungle, you cant even outrun them it doesnt even hide in small vents, it just comes at you for one thing and when he lunges at you, those long nasty white strong fingers go through your eyebals like a hot knife throug a small newborn baby. (was that over the top? i never can tell ;)

Glaive

Glaive

No Ultramorph then...?

Vrastal

Vrastal

Its interesting, so we return to lv223 it looks like or we see a seperate planet with an accident. I just hope that the queen version isnt entirely abandoned. I do like the animal/ evolution style thing, ive always liked the idea that rhe aliens are a naturally occurring monster

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 24, 2016, 01:25:20 PM
No Ultramorph then...?

No Ultramorph or Deacon. Just the Neomorphs and the traditional Aliens.

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 24, 2016, 01:29:25 PM
Its interesting, so we return to lv223 it looks like or we see a seperate planet with an accident. I just hope that the queen version isnt entirely abandoned. I do like the animal/ evolution style thing, ive always liked the idea that rhe aliens are a naturally occurring monster

There's no going back to LV223, all takes place on the one planet.

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 24, 2016, 11:29:47 AM
Hicks...you are the man!

This one was a team effort.  :)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Much as I'm curious to see how the Neomorphs and classic Xeno's comeback fair I must admit it somewhat made Prometheus's final scene of the Deacon pointless in retrospect. Not to be accusing the creative team for not holding a strong foundation for exploring the Xeno's origin but it seems like they're just making it up as they go along.

The fact that John Spaits writer of the Alien Engineers script and Damon Lindeloff writer of Paradise/Prometheus are not involved suggests their conceptual idea of the Xenomorph's lineage wasn't worth expanding upon, what was portrayed with the Trilobyte/ Deacon birthed from an engineer has completely been rendered irrelevant to the traditional Xenomorph's evolution.

Oh by the way upon seeing the name Neomorph did any mistook it to have a Matrix vide ??? Whoa

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Not sure what to make of back burster. It sounds like they are just changing it for the sake of changing it. I can't see it having any more impact than the chestburster, probably even less so actually because it moves further away from the traditional form of giving birth (in a sense of course) and that fear of foreign invasion and pregnancy.

Perhaps the writers have been playing Resident Evil 4. Las Plagas spreads in spore form, takes over the host and then eventually bursts from the neck stump

Honestly, I can take or leave a neomorph. I'm much more interested to see Ridley Scott's interpretation of how the original Giger creature should look 37 years on. I hope they are not just reduced to canon fodder cameos like in Spaight's original drafts.

lv_226

lv_226

Boy, I don't know what to make of this. In some of the BTS pics you can clearly see that the movie takes place in a nature-like setting:

It seems as if the extend universe material featured in Fire and Stone, and newer series, really is the direction Fox is going with Covenant (for better or worse). I agree with TheBATMAN, bursting through the back? I don't know what to feel about that.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

These details sound great Hicks! Are we 100% on them? Only criticism is that with all these uses of the word morph I can't stop thinking of that little clay man!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

So, basically, they rewatched the old 'Firewalker' episode of 'The X-Files' and decided to shunt it into this. :) It's really not original.

What's interesting is that it essentially vindicates my original prediction: The next film-maker can do whatever they please and Fox's earlier declarations regarding canon status really do mean nothing. If true, these story details effectively retcon 'Fire And Stone' (and everything which came off of that) as no longer canonical.

If this is what happens with the black ooze, all those characters stranded on that world in the ecosystem from the new comics, should have all succumbed to this fate.

Hope they don't do literal interpretations of that albino whale concept art, though. Those things always looked as awkward and chunky as f**k to me. Definitely not as iconic without Giger's typical biomechanical detailing. Maybe if they added that sort of aethetic and made it look properly intimidating, instead of just a white slab of lard with teeth. Size, alone, was not what made the original classic design so intimidating or timeless.

Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 12:57:13 PM

'Alien Isolation' (and the two original films) prove that assumption completely wrong. It's all about presentation.

QuoteHaving a tall slim psycho looking xeno wich is far superior in everything and having the mind of ten smart Einsteins all based on how to kill you off as nasty as possible, and being as fast as a cheetah, this thing coming after you in a ship or jungle, you cant even outrun them it doesnt even hide in small vents, it just comes at you for one thing and when he lunges at you, those long nasty white strong fingers go through your eyebals like a hot knife throug a small newborn baby. (was that over the top? i never can tell ;)

But... That's practically what the normal Alien design already does.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 24, 2016, 03:20:51 PM
So, basically, they rewatched the old 'Firewalker' episode fo 'The X-Files' and decided to shunt it into this. :) It's really not original.

What's interesting is that it essentially vindicates my original prediction: The next film-maker can do whatever they please and Fox's earlier declarations regarding canon status really do mean nothing. If true, these story details effectively retcon 'Fire And Stone' (and everything which came off of that) as no longer canonical.

If this is what happens with the black ooze, all those characters stranded on that world in the ecosystem from the new comics, should have all succumbed to this fate.

Hope they don't do literal interpretations of that albino whale concept art, though. Those things always looked as awkward and chunky as f**k to me. Definitely not as iconic without Giger's typical biomechanical detailing. Maybe if they added that sort of aethetic and made it look properly intimidating, instead of just a white slab of lard with teeth. Size, alone, was not what made the original classic design so intimidating or timeless.

Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 12:57:13 PM

'Alien Isolation' (and the two original films) prove that assumption completely wrong. It's all about presentation.

QuoteHaving a tall slim psycho looking xeno wich is far superior in everything and having the mind of ten smart Einsteins all based on how to kill you off as nasty as possible, and being as fast as a cheetah, this thing coming after you in a ship or jungle, you cant even outrun them it doesnt even hide in small vents, it just comes at you for one thing and when he lunges at you, those long nasty white strong fingers go through your eyebals like a hot knife throug a small newborn baby. (was that over the top? i never can tell ;)

But... That's practically what the normal Alien design already does.

That's really assuming a lot based on the limited info we have.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

What an insight Hicks! Thanks very much for the scoop sounds great, I can't wait to see the neomorph in action, and also the original alien designs as well!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

If this all turns out to be true, would be intriguing to see how its pulled off on screen

motherfather

motherfather

^ Yes. Love it or hate it, thanks very much for the news - its probably one of the most significant pieces of info we have so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed