The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,049 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Sounds like it's going to be,in a sense, arguably what Prometheus should have been.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Excuse me, a what? Neomorph?

They look like the things that were coming out of Shin Godzilla's tail.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 24, 2016, 03:20:51 PM
So, basically, they rewatched the old 'Firewalker' episode fo 'The X-Files' and decided to shunt it into this. :) It's really not original.

What's interesting is that it essentially vindicates my original prediction: The next film-maker can do whatever they please and Fox's earlier declarations regarding canon status really do mean nothing. If true, these story details effectively retcon 'Fire And Stone' (and everything which came off of that) as no longer canonical.

If this is what happens with the black ooze, all those characters stranded on that world in the ecosystem from the new comics, should have all succumbed to this fate.

Hope they don't do literal interpretations of that albino whale concept art, though. Those things always looked as awkward and chunky as f**k to me. Definitely not as iconic without Giger's typical biomechanical detailing. Maybe if they added that sort of aethetic and made it look properly intimidating, instead of just a white slab of lard with teeth. Size, alone, was not what made the original classic design so intimidating or timeless.

Quote from: Infected on Oct 24, 2016, 12:57:13 PM
The normal xeno isnt scary anymore, its just cannon fodder.

'Alien Isolation' (and the two original films) prove that assumption completely wrong. It's all about presentation.

QuoteHaving a tall slim psycho looking xeno wich is far superior in everything and having the mind of ten smart Einsteins all based on how to kill you off as nasty as possible, and being as fast as a cheetah, this thing coming after you in a ship or jungle, you cant even outrun them it doesnt even hide in small vents, it just comes at you for one thing and when he lunges at you, those long nasty white strong fingers go through your eyebals like a hot knife throug a small newborn baby. (was that over the top? i never can tell ;)

But... That's practically what the normal Alien design already does.

I think you are absolutely right here. The 'Firewalker' reference seems to be spot-on and it could fit with what has already been established about the accelerant—albeit through evolving its functions and still allowing it to remain outside the grasp of human understanding. I am not sold on the images of the albino Alien from the pre-Prometheus concept art,  I've never been a fan of its appearance. That being said, if the creatures coloration resembles that of the original Alien art style of Giger's then I will be a very, very happy fan...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 24, 2016, 07:22:12 AM
Here you go, fellas. Introducing the Neomorphs! Beware story spoilers.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/

Thanks for the scoop Hicks. You seem to have a few sources on this, any way that you could confirm whether or not the film will involve a Giger-esque influence architecture/world-wise?

Nostromo

Nostromo

I hope it looks Giger-esque or like the Ultramorph or a "blunt head dolphin-like and elongated". Creepy stuff. Very curious now, good job Hicks.

Chris P

Chris P

This matches up almost 100% to this leak from November, 2015.  ;) (Back when it was Alien: Paradise Lost lol)

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/exclusive---information-on-the-new-monsters-in-prometheus-2-alien-paradise-lost-leaked

Very exciting stuff! Although, how we get from Spore-filled pods to eggs and Facehuggers will be tricky to explain. I hope they do it intelligently.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Chris P on Oct 24, 2016, 04:47:35 PM
This matches up almost 100% to this leak from November, 2015.  ;) (Back when it was Alien: Paradise Lost lol)

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/exclusive---information-on-the-new-monsters-in-prometheus-2-alien-paradise-lost-leaked

Very exciting stuff! Although, how we get from Spore-filled pods to eggs and Facehuggers will be tricky to explain. I hope they do it intelligently.

Hey Chris Picard.  8)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Who is this lady Michelle Johnston on this board, does she post here too? heh, she reminds me of the female version of SM, maybe it's his wife? She seems to know her sh!t too. They mention AVPGalaxy also in the link.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/name-description-the-new-aliens-alien-covenant-revealed-spoilers

Oct-24-2016 9:14 AM

I am sorry Chris if you listen to the interview Michael refers to the Kane chest buster uncertainly as a neomorph. You can tell he can not quite remember the word Xenomorph. That is the one reference to Alien Covenant amongst several films in the pipeline all this other detail has nothing to do with Michaels interview and whatever the source of all the other speculation it has nothing to do with Michaels interview which is the implication of the AVP entry. It may be right but it has been garnered elsewhere.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 24, 2016, 04:54:36 PM
They mention AVPGalaxy also in the link.

I should hope so. All the new specific information is what we have revealed!  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 24, 2016, 03:20:51 PM
What's interesting is that it essentially vindicates my original prediction: The next film-maker can do whatever they please and Fox's earlier declarations regarding canon status really do mean nothing. If true, these story details effectively retcon 'Fire And Stone' (and everything which came off of that) as no longer canonical.

This has always been the case Xenomorphine, you know this. Film canon always overrides EU. And a good thing too, filmakers should never be restricted by whatever happened in video game X or comic book Y.

And the Alien franchise isn't the only one where we see this, the new Star Wars films effectively wiped-out decades of EU.

Samus007

Samus007

This is some pretty exciting stuff! I'm not sure what to think of the backbursting bit, but, i'll save judgement for after I see it in full context of the film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 24, 2016, 04:54:36 PM
I am sorry Chris if you listen to the interview Michael refers to the Kane chest buster uncertainly as a neomorph. You can tell he can not quite remember the word Xenomorph. That is the one reference to Alien Covenant amongst several films in the pipeline all this other detail has nothing to do with Michaels interview and whatever the source of all the other speculation it has nothing to do with Michaels interview which is the implication of the AVP entry. It may be right but it has been garnered elsewhere.

Yeah, Fassbender reveals no details in the interview. Just a slip of the tongue referring to the original Alien as the Neomorph. Since I knew the new Alien design in Covenant was referred to as such behind the scenes, we took the opportunity to provide all these other specific details that we were aware of.

CainsSon

CainsSon

What I like about this is that I keep get a fantasy/horror style from ALIEN COVENANT. I think the series could benefit greatly from this shake up in style and always praise this franchise for consistently trying new things.
What I don't like - is the concern that in making the Alien's life cycle more and more convoluted you risk watering down it's affect because it can just 'do anything' next.
I dont think this is a definite problem, so long as they work to make these things make concrete sense. The move toward these things becoming Xenomorphs needs to be very specific in the audiences mind.

Also, wasnt there a leaked image of what looked like an elaboration on the sexburster that depicted two giant mandibles ejecting from the character's back? I remember someone posting that recently.

Overall, I really like this. Im excited about the variation in the setting of the film and also think these Neomorphs could make this the horror film we all wanted in Prometheus.
Of course... the next question I have is: Do we get to see one burst from an Engineer? And what will that look like?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 24, 2016, 05:00:19 PM
Also, wasnt there a leaked image of what looked like an elaboration on the sexburster that depicted two giant mandibles ejecting from the character's back? I remember someone posting that recently.

You're probably thinking about an old Prometheus concept art painting:

There has been no official leaked Covenant concept art as of this date.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 24, 2016, 05:03:51 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 24, 2016, 05:00:19 PM

You're probably thinking about an old Prometheus concept art painting:

There has been no official leaked Covenant concept art as of this date.

There was a variation on this image recently, I remember thinking the source wasn't reliable and it wasnt being called a leak. Anyway, it basically was this image but the artwork was cruder and depicted more of it coming out of his back.  It could be cool if it happens during sex in the missionary position... But this is all jumping to conclusions.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't believe any sex is involved in the Neomorph burstings but I can't recall 100%.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed