The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,049 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 22, 2016, 12:06:03 PM
For some reason I can't play the interview. What way does he use the term 'neomorph'?

Just when he's talking about the Alien, a slip of the tongue in how he references it. If I didn't know about them using the name on Covenant, I might not have paid it as much heed.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Some brains on Fassbender. Its an actual scientific term:
Medical Definition of neomorph. 1: a structure that is not derived from a similar structure in an ancestor. 2: a mutant gene having a function distinct from that of any nonmutant gene of the same locus.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2016, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 22, 2016, 12:06:03 PM
For some reason I can't play the interview. What way does he use the term 'neomorph'?

Just when he's talking about the Alien, a slip of the tongue in how he references it. If I didn't know about them using the name on Covenant, I might not have paid it as much heed.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Hicks, any way you could possibly elaborate how you know the term was used on the set of Covenant? Was it simply used to describe the alien in the new film?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm just about to watch a film at the cinema, I'll have some juicy details for you in a bit. Give me 2 hours.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Enjoy mate! Lookin' forward to it!  8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Rightio, sorry, but I'm going to have to make you wait until Monday for various reasons. But you'll get it. Promise.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

No probs man, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! Off topic, what movie did you see?

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2016, 08:01:15 PM
Rightio, sorry, but I'm going to have to make you wait until Monday for various reasons. But you'll get it. Promise.
Tease!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well from the sound of neomorph, I think this confirms that they'll be at least two types of alien in covenant.

Infected

Infected

Neomorph: 1. (Anatomy) an anatomical feature not derived from a feature found in an ancestor, but instead a new development
2. (Genetics) genetics a mutant gene with a different function from its non-mutant equivalent

Sounds like a psycho in a new alien suit.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: T Dog on Oct 22, 2016, 10:57:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2016, 08:01:15 PM
Tease!

He does it so well. :laugh:

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Infected on Oct 23, 2016, 12:18:11 PM
Neomorph: 1. (Anatomy) an anatomical feature not derived from a feature found in an ancestor, but instead a new development
2. (Genetics) genetics a mutant gene with a different function from its non-mutant equivalent

Sounds like a psycho in a new alien suit.

So my guess is the Neomorph is what the Engineers had planned for our 'evolution.'

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 22, 2016, 03:12:05 PM
Some brains on Fassbender. Its an actual scientific term:

I doubt he came up with it. It's probably just the descriptive term he's read from the script.

As was mentioned, 'Prometheus' had some concept art for an 'ultramorph', which was basically just a derivative term of 'xenomorph' (which, in itself, was only ever intended to be generic, not specific to the species).

So, basically, they've come up with something which is meant to be a slight (yet recognisable) spin on the Alien design we all know about.

Which was what the old 'Engineers' script was originally going to feature, don't forget...

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

i hope we get to see more of the engineers interacting with humans during this film and its not through flashbacks or hologram recordings.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here you go, fellas. Introducing the Neomorphs! Beware story spoilers.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed