The Neomorphs

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM

Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,055 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07yt8fj

Interview with Fassie. No idea if Covvie comes up, haven't listened to yet.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2016, 09:27:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07yt8fj

Interview with Fassie. No idea is Covvie comes up, haven't listened to yet.

At the 0:5:42 mark.
Michael says that Scott has taken the horror elements of the first Alien film and merged it with the scale of Prometheus... nothing revealing. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The full interview seems to be around the 02:24:00 mark. At about 02:25:50 Fassbender slips out a new term that I know was bandied about on Covenant - Neomorph.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2016, 10:18:14 AM
The full interview seems to be around the 02:24:00 mark. At about 02:25:50 Fassbender slips out a new term that I know was bandied about on Covenant - Neomorph.

Interesting. 8)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Neomorph? What could it mean... ???

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well off the bat I assumed neo means new but then again the term essentially means mutant. So... it means nothing.  :-\

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Perhaps instead of the XENO term (which I am personally not a fan of) we have the Neomorph, essentially the new alien  ???

lv_226

lv_226

It could also be that he isn't as well versed in Alien-lore and decidedly called it a neomorph instead of xenomorph?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Neomorph  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 21, 2016, 02:51:45 PM
It could also be that he isn't as well versed in Alien-lore and decidedly called it a neomorph instead of xenomorph?

Nah. It was deliberate. Like I said, I know that name was used during production.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 21, 2016, 12:58:27 PM
Perhaps instead of the XENO term (which I am personally not a fan of) we have the Neomorph, essentially the new alien  ???

It's quite likely. When they were working on Prometheus, they called the Jockey-Burster the Ultramorph. Seems quite likely that neomorph is another new design. Literally says new in the name. lol

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2016, 03:22:13 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 21, 2016, 02:51:45 PM

Nah. It was deliberate. Like I said, I know that name was used during production.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 21, 2016, 12:58:27 PM

It's quite likely. When they were working on Prometheus, they called the Jockey-Burster the Ultramorph. Seems quite likely that neomorph is another new design. Literally says new in the name. lol

Well, if that's the case then I hope the new design is actually the Alien design from the Covenant clapboard:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's keanu reeves in Alien meets the Matrix. Basically neo is face hugged and births the neomorph.  :laugh:

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

For some reason I can't play the interview. What way does he use the term 'neomorph'? 

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: lv_226 on Oct 21, 2016, 04:27:29 PM

Anyone else think this design is much creepier than what we got in the film?  This is what the alien is based from.  Wishful thinking but I hope this is the neomorph.

Kurai

Kurai

Neo-Morph... New Form, New Shape...

Perhaps David is going to pull an Elden? Become a Black Goo Synth?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed