Was part of Covenant filmed in 2012?

Started by AL, Apr 01, 2016, 05:49:47 AM

Author
Was part of Covenant filmed in 2012? (Read 1,256 times)

AL

AL

Back then were rumours that Scott were in Spain for 3 weeks using the -water tank - and making some shots around the the shore of Alicante.

Checking the Spanish media; I found articles describing opposite situations, and a couple of them described how Prometheus was meant to get some scenes filmed there but at the end it wasn't possible by a matter of the budget.

Wasn't possible to me find a source where Scott himself, or the producers described how they were going to film there and at the end they didn't.

If you go and check the WIKI, any of them, it will appear how the film (Prometheus) took part of its filming in Alicante, they even describe the ammount of money the region got after that 3 weeks of fiiming.

Now,  knowing here we are  plenty of fans, and seeking for finally a clear asnwer ...

Was some part of Covenant filmed in 2012; and the tank water and the shore will have something to do with the pictures we saw yesterday?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/03/31/first-location-pictures-alien-covenant/

Corporal Hicks

If I remember rightly the Spain shooting from going to be for the yacht scene but they weren't filmed. I don't think any of Covenant would have been filmed in 2012 - from the sounds of it they didn't have a clue where to take the story for quite a while after Prometheus.

Stolen

It's strange we have not even a picture or anecdote about these three weeks in Spain in the making of.

And just go to Spain to shoot the scene of the boat? while the latter could have been shot in the studio Pinewood pool!

Maybe reshoot?

This will remain just a mystery. But nothing important!

Corporal Hicks

IIRC they never actually got to Spain to shoot anything.

Infected

LoL i dont know if you been keeping up with situations ;) but we are lucky that we even got Prometheus the way it is now,
with the cuts and the fast pacing in the end its obvious there was friction between the Lindelof entity and king Scott.
So no teamwork that looked years ahead of them.
Probably a reason why we so little now coming from Lindelof, look at World War Z, same shit with the cutting and the involvement of this little twat.

T Dog

Quote from: Infected on Apr 01, 2016, 08:56:43 AM
LoL i dont know if you been keeping up with situations ;) but we are lucky that we even got Prometheus the way it is now,
with the cuts and the fast pacing in the end its obvious there was friction between the Lindelof entity and king Scott.
So no teamwork that looked years ahead of them.
Probably a reason why we so little now coming from Lindelof, look at World War Z, same shit with the cutting and the involvement of this little twat.
I Think the main overseer of problems surrounding Prometheus were related to Tom Rothman the former head of studio at Fox.
Fox's outputted has so blatantly changed for the better since he left.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Spaihts' "Engineers" script had an underwater scene right in the beginning. So it could also be that, that scene was originally planned for the Spain shoot since location scouting is often done quite early during pre-production and a watertank is almost a requisite for underwater filming. Of course in the end that scene got replaced by Lindelof's Isle of Skye scene.

What is interesting is that the Prometheus had those hard-shelled red suits which were never used. The only use I can think of for a suit like that would be in high pressure environments like deep underwater or deep within gas giants.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 01, 2016, 01:26:12 PM
Spaihts' "Engineers" script had an underwater scene right in the beginning. So it could also be that, that scene was originally planned for the Spain shoot since location scouting is often done quite early during pre-production and a watertank is almost a requisite for underwater filming. Of course in the end that scene got replaced by Lindelof's Isle of Skye scene.

What is interesting is that the Prometheus had those hard-shelled red suits which were never used. The only use I can think of for a suit like that would be in high pressure environments like deep underwater or deep within gas giants.

Spaihts underwater scene would have occurred on earth?  Not sure why they had those red suits on the Prometheus ship.  It's almost as if they were doing major re-writes while filming.  The juggernaut sleep chambers were another example.  Three of the chambers had holes in them, and there was even a picture of a partially decayed and bursted Engineer corpse in one of them.  I wouldn't think you'd go through the trouble to create that level of detail unless it was meant to be seen.  In the end the characters never even mention the other chambers.

AL

AL

Hey guys, thanks for the reply.

I asked about it because as what was said here; there is not prove they went to Spain, but still appears the info about they went to film there by 3 weeks and how much money that brought to the community of Alicante in the wiki (choose one).
The xenos look good in water, smooth and sexy movements with the innate violence of the creature. I'm not sure if the water scene was meant to be in earth in the opening scene, but Prometheus is a film made in silica inside the storms that Scott loves so much; (I think he is doing better and better with it, as we saw in The Martian).
The idea of a part of the film being made since back then have been there as an inquietude and I wanted to know if out there were something supporting the filiming (or the not filming) of it.

I still have been wondering about the water, if we still think in paradise as was meant to be, a peaceful place with a inner chaos of acidic blood, the water will be a key element as a life giver and the perfect contrast in nature with the promised R rated movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed