Nolans Interstellar help P2?

Started by bishoop, Mar 29, 2013, 11:54:28 PM

Author
Nolans Interstellar help P2? (Read 4,978 times)

Marlowe

Marlowe

Quote from: bishoop on Mar 29, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
Interstellar is due late 2014 and sounds like its going to be amazing - serious, realistic, mysterious real Science fiction involving space travel, worm holes, possibly alternate realities/time travel etc etc. 

Interstellar will more than likely be huge like Inception ($800m ww), so maybe that will get Fox people thinking what we got thats similar that can ride the serious SF wave - so it could help P2s chances to be made and dates set (probably for following year - summer or xmas 2015) ....and maybe influence P2 to be even more eerie mysterious unexplained realistic (as Interstellar will more than likely be)

I thought films like the first Star Trek , Avatar and now Prometheus brought back the heyday of sci-fi movies.
What it's happening now is only a wave.The beginning had already started a few years.

bishoop

bishoop

Quote from: Marlowe on Apr 12, 2013, 11:51:08 AM
Quote from: bishoop on Mar 29, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
Interstellar is due late 2014 and sounds like its going to be amazing - serious, realistic, mysterious real Science fiction involving space travel, worm holes, possibly alternate realities/time travel etc etc. 

Interstellar will more than likely be huge like Inception ($800m ww), so maybe that will get Fox people thinking what we got thats similar that can ride the serious SF wave - so it could help P2s chances to be made and dates set (probably for following year - summer or xmas 2015) ....and maybe influence P2 to be even more eerie mysterious unexplained realistic (as Interstellar will more than likely be)

I thought films like the first Star Trek , Avatar and now Prometheus brought back the heyday of sci-fi movies.
What it's happening now is only a wave.The beginning had already started a few years.

SF films have always been a constant staple, esp since 1977, but it feels like P2 needs all the help it can get now due to the mixed reaction to certain elements like its mystery/unexplained stuff etc, so someone as hip n happening as Nolan doing a mysterious/disturbing SF film with Interstellar could help P2 on its way especially since Interstellar is about to shoot now - around the time some serious decisions about P2 will be being made

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Guess where was Nolan scouting locations for his movie?  ;)

bishoop

bishoop

iceland again? really?

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: bishoop on Apr 24, 2013, 10:15:08 AM
iceland again? really?

Yes, Iceland. Oblivion and Thor 2 already did, maybe more, I don't know, and several others are going to shot there :)

Nightmare Asylum

Fine by me. It is a very beautiful location.

ChrisPachi

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: bishoop on Mar 30, 2013, 01:26:08 PM
nice fan made teaser trailer - i can totally imagine the real trailer not being all that different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loTC5iTngSI#ws

could also work as a P2 teaser - just change to the Fox logo, 'From Ridley Scott'...'Director of Alien, Blade Runner & Prometheus'.....'P A R A D I S E'

i  believe Interstellar will be what Prometheus, Paradise wanted to be...a dramatic, powerful, action packed sci-fi show with major hollywood budget and classy actors and ofcourse we will travell to the darkest corners of the univers as it should be and we will get the answers about mankind and about the galaxy ...as far as i know Nolan's work, although they are predictible, mostly too long and too boring in some parts and not mindblowing at all but still enjoyable

bishoop

bishoop

Quote from: szkoki on May 01, 2013, 09:48:49 PM
Quote from: bishoop on Mar 30, 2013, 01:26:08 PM
nice fan made teaser trailer - i can totally imagine the real trailer not being all that different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loTC5iTngSI#ws

could also work as a P2 teaser - just change to the Fox logo, 'From Ridley Scott'...'Director of Alien, Blade Runner & Prometheus'.....'P A R A D I S E'

i  believe Interstellar will be what Prometheus, Paradise wanted to be...a dramatic, powerful, action packed sci-fi show with major hollywood budget and classy actors and ofcourse we will travell to the darkest corners of the univers as it should be and we will get the answers about mankind and about the galaxy ...as far as i know Nolan's work, although they are predictible, mostly too long and too boring in some parts and not mindblowing at all but still enjoyable

im really hoping both Intersteller and especially Paradise deliver a very disturbing ride with an atmosphere full of dread leading to some absolutely terrifying revelations and events

szkoki

szkoki

well i dont trust in paradise tbh , Ridley already promised darkest corners for prometheus then we got 1 planet with a humanoid guy who loves to beat up people  xD nothing terrefying there, not like lv-426 and its derelict

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: bishoop on May 01, 2013, 10:17:01 PMa [..] ride with an atmosphere [..] leading to some [..] revelations and events

Adjectives are such fickle things.

souNdwAve89

souNdwAve89

Quote from: BAD_ASS_MOFO on Apr 04, 2013, 04:02:32 PM
Am I the only human being who think's Nolan is a tad overrated? In my opinion I always saw his films as overly boring and pretentious.

Apart from however, Memento. But I guess as soon as $$$ hits the pupils of directors, they go down a PG-13 money pit

Nah, I have some friends who praise Nolan and thinking he is Hollywood's last hope while others think he is very overrated. I am in between. I like the majority of his movies, but I never found them to be amazing. Inception was a great solid film, but I get annoyed when people think it is one of the most mind blowing movies you'll ever see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed