Prometheus 2: What kind of storyline do you wish to see?

Started by Blacklabel, Jan 17, 2013, 01:16:24 AM

Author
Prometheus 2: What kind of storyline do you wish to see? (Read 11,834 times)

szkoki

worst endingg ever ...what was the purpose of the deacon after all? now he is threathening a haunted planet....would have been much better if they would show nothing then it could be anyhting if they would continue with a rescue squad on lv223...now its just one alien...could have been a multiple breed after the squid or even a greater mutation whatever

Primordial

I would like to see this specie (seen on the mural and in the art book) having black goo and lay a facehugger egg (no need to see it hatch) :

Prometheus universe is taking a different direction from Alien's one, but linking sometimes the two would satisfy my inner fanboy  :)
Engineer's homeworld Paradise, compared to Earth, is surely a far more advanced place technologically speaking but could be a desolate, maybe half destroyed place (due to humans ?? this would explain the Lv-223 Engineer's motive to destroy Earth in return..).

Anyway, it's very speculative...Can't wait to watch it !

About the Deacon, in the Furious Gods, Ridley is questionning a drawing of the Deacon biting the umbilical cord, and the answer is that it could be interesting in the European version (Ridley has then a little laugh), could somebody explain me why ?

JPredator

I want to see more exploration of the unknown.

See more of the engineers civilisation, the ruins of their home.

encounter a new threat that is both a threat to the engineers and us.

Gates

Two hours plus of Shaw and a talking head on an alien planet..?

No thank you...

Blow that f**king ship up as soon as it leaves the planet...end that shit before it becomes more of a farce...

Nightmare Asylum

Call me crazy, but I honestly wouldn't mind a film if Shaw and David were the only real protagonists. Buried worked with only one character (and a few voices on the phone).

Gates

In that context, one character can/does work...but where's the tension in this film if we only have one human character the whole way..?

Where does the body-horror come from..?

Blacklabel

They can add other human characters to the mix. ex: Via a research station that Shaw and David go through before they end up on the Engineer planet or etc... that would make it more watchable as a standalone flick... mimicking the beggining of aliens... gives you a new team forming up and then they finally arrive on the planet.

Gates

Given what we're working with, forcing new characters into the story will come off exactly like forcing new characters into the story...

A bit too lame for me... :)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gates on Jan 17, 2013, 05:42:13 PM
In that context, one character can/does work...but where's the tension in this film if we only have one human character the whole way..?

Where does the body-horror come from..?

Prometheus already established that it is less about body horror than Alien was. Also, there will likely be Engineers, perhaps ever characterized ones.

Gates

I didn't mean body-horror comparable to Alien, Prometheus has it's fair share of body-horror as well...

My point is, with only Shaw as the one human character, any sort of danger she is in early in the film is moot...

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Gates on Jan 17, 2013, 06:15:00 PM
Given what we're working with, forcing new characters into the story will come off exactly like forcing new characters into the story...

A bit too lame for me... :)

Depends on how it's done.

The research station can be on a sort of "portal" that brings them to the Engineer homeworld.. that Weyland already knew about... but couldnt operate.
This also makes his betting 3 billion dolars on the prometheus mission less specious.... he already knew there was alien life out there. He just couldnt get in touch with them.
Some of the team joins the Juggernaut, David is brought back to his body and voila... This should take up 20 minutes of the film... then we go in full throttle... Organic, doesnt contradict what we saw in the original flick, adds new characters, reintroduces the audience to the mission at hand... I can see a few reasons why something like this should be done.

The alternative is to introduce Engineers that are actually characterized... and have a few on Shaw's side.

A 3rd, weirder option would be to add "humans" already on the engineer homeworld. One of the Lindelof ideas for the sequel script (via an interview) is that the "black goo" would be used to advance human evolution. Into what? Maybe into a type of "human" we find on the homeworld... a sort of biomechanic "human" perhaps. Then the beggining of the film could evoke Alien3.. the Juggernaut crash lands into the sea and these humans rescue Shaw and David from the wreckage...

just spit balling a few ideas.  :) :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Another possibility I'd be open to is having two alternating stories a la The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Maybe a Weyland rescue mission or a group of Yutani spies arrive on LV-223 weeks after the events in Prometheus, and SHaw and David go on their mission to Paradise. Eventually the stories will join together, either in that film or in a third.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

That would make the narrative too fractured, i think.

Two Towers made sense because those 2 stories are working already towards a bigger one, the defeat of Sauron, the main evil baddie. The yutani mission wouldnt even be clued in to this "fight against evil gods" goal until a certain section of the film... making their time learning stuff the audience already knows a bit of a time waster... I would just be counting time until their goals intersect.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jan 17, 2013, 06:42:17 PM
That would make the narrative too fractured, i think.

Two Towers made sense because those 2 stories are working already towards a bigger one, the defeat of Sauron, the main evil baddie. The yutani mission wouldnt even be clued in to this "fight against evil gods" goal until a certain section of the film... making their time learning stuff the audience already knows a bit of a time waster...

I don't know...Weyland had a pretty good idea of what the Engineers were before going in (the only thing he didn't really expect was the Engineer to kill him), and the 'Quiet Eye' viral hints they Yutani may have been tapping into Weyland's transmissions. For all we know, they are after the Engineers/Black Goo/Aliens as well (though for for weapons like in the Alien movies rather than for extended life), and they could follow Shaw and David out to Paradise.

All I know is that I'm rambling now :D

Blacklabel

Free rambling is why i created this thread. It's "arrite" and welcome. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed