Andrew Lee Interview!!!

Started by Darkoo, May 26, 2007, 05:41:43 PM

Author
Andrew Lee Interview!!! (Read 29,409 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 29, 2007, 02:26:43 PM
Why is there any mention of continuity problems?

Remember, that last spaceship design did not replace the others. It was shown stowing them below the hull, acting as a mothership carrier. This could very easily be one of those which either acted in an escape pod role or went on its business, only to have things go wrong when it did so.

After all, a hunting trip back to Earth on one of those smaller ships would make sense, yes? Perhaps the Predalien stows away aboard it?

Or maybe, as I always thought, that Predator body was not ignored... It was placed in a stasis field to allow them access to a Predalien. They might as well use it if they can do, instead of incinerating it, right?

:)

Colin started it when he mentioned the word 'changes'... We all shivered and trembled and started screaming ... ;D ;)

Actually, the change in designs is a minor continuity problem, not a BIG one... In my mind, in terms of repeated decors in Sequels, the original and the sequel or sequels should feel as one, meaning that, for example, in this case, the ship's exterior should be the same one, but inside it could be explored in a different way, on different parts of the ship, but in a way that could be an extension, more than a 'correction' of what we have seen before in AVP... Build on it, but not change it dramatically and drastically...

I say this because there is a chance we might not like the changes and then where would we be..?  ???

I admire, though, the courage of the brothers in risking to do changes that could very easily backfire on them... in this day and age of flavourless sequels, they are taking risks which is always refreshing, wouldn't you say...? ;)

Highland

Highland

yeah, Agreed I'm all for the Changed ship, I did'nt like the AVP ship anyway, looked too Human (on the inside) for me. 

Xenomorphine - theres mention of problems because if the ship takes off from Earth Looking like Example A then Comes back looking like Example B a few hours later, everyones gona be like, what the?!  ;D

Unless of Course we're talking about a different time frame (ie not directly After AVP) in which case, there goes the "crashed ship" theory........

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: highlandpred on May 29, 2007, 04:02:50 PM
yeah, Agreed I'm all for the Changed ship, I did'nt like the AVP ship anyway, looked too Human (on the inside) for me. 

Xenomorphine - theres mention of problems because if the ship takes off from Earth Looking like Example A then Comes back looking like Example B a few hours later, everyones gona be like, what the?!  ;D

Unless of Course we're talking about a different time frame (ie not directly After AVP) in which case, there goes the "crashed ship" theory........

But like I said, that very same ship iincluded the older ones hanging off the underside of the hull. What's wrong with one of those bringing anything back? Why would that present continuity problems in any way? It did carry them.

It's like saying that because a pilot sailed away on an aircraft carrier, it's impossible for him to fly to another base on an F-18. Heh... :)

Highland

Highland

Plausible, only if the predalien is any good with ship controls  ;) ;D

There will be a good explination, i just hope that since theres guys out there making thousands of $$$ for writing scripts and screen plays, they come up with something not that my Granny could have guessed at...

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: jimmylace on May 26, 2007, 08:25:12 PM
The references to the pains of a smaller budget and not securing locations are a bit alarming though. It also looks like the alien is going to be slap-bang in the middle of familiar earth environments...I don't think the alien is THAT resillient. Teenages, earth environments....there is a concern that this is going to feel like a b-movie slasher film. I don't know what to make of this interview, if anything, it's deflated the anticipation for me a bit. Theres a positive and a negative to any decision in a movie-on the one hand, a smaller, more horrific movie sounds good, on the other it does make me wonder if this movie is going to look a little cheap. It boils down to the acting. If youve got decent dialogue and actors, then a smaller movie will work wonders, but if you don't...then youre going to wish this movie had least had some spectacle. I'm reserving judgement until the trailer though....the sewer scene sounds like a highlight.

I WAS RIGHT ON THE f**kING MONEY.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Sometimes it's easier to be a cynic, though.  But frankly, looking back at some of my optmistic posts about AVPR, is kind of embarassing.  :-\

Craig

Craig

You're not alone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed