My new word - the "Engi-munchkins"

Started by motherfather, May 06, 2017, 10:21:29 AM

Author
My new word - the "Engi-munchkins" (Read 1,513 times)

motherfather

motherfather

At some point in the Alien franchise, when we talk about Engineers, we are going to cause confusion over which Engineers we are talking about.

1) Alien space jockey (Giant)
2) Prometheus elders - not charred 
3) Prometheus charred engineer (half the size of 1)
4) Holograms of prometheus engineers who may have been charred with tubings / uncharred elders but wearing a suit for all we know
5) Covenant race of uncharred engineers (about human size)

So, for Covenant, I have decided to start a trend and naming convention for the engineer race on that planet.

Given their rather diminutive appearance, from this day forward, let them be named - the engimunchkins!

All hail the engimunchkins!

This also beggars another question - the elders design aesthetic favors a traditional round ufo style ship. Yet the scorpion tail has a flying croissant design aesthetic. So why would an uncharred world of engimunchkins be having a design aesthetic of a charred engineer non-ufo style flying croissant?

juxtapose

. .i don't think engi-munckins is sticking so well. .lol

Xenomorphine

The scorpion tail thing isn't meant to fly. It's a docking station.

motherfather

easthetically though, the scorpion tail looks like the juggernaut style/colors, not rounded pastel gray or pebble style like the elders ufo.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: motherfather on May 06, 2017, 10:21:29 AM

I don't know, these dead Engineers in the set seem to be taller than a normal human...

Robopadna

At some point in the Alien franchise, when we talk about Engineers, we are going to cause confusion over which Engineers we are talking about.

1) Alien space jockey (Giant)
2) Prometheus elders - not charred 
3) Prometheus charred engineer (half the size of 1)
4) Holograms of prometheus engineers who may have been charred with tubings / uncharred elders but wearing a suit for all we know

So, for Covenant, I have decided to start a trend and naming convention for the engineer race on that planet.

Given their rather diminutive appearance, from this day forward, let them be named - the engimunchkins!

All hail the engimunchkins!

This also beggars another question - the elders design aesthetic favors a traditional round ufo style ship. Yet the scorpion tail has a flying croissant design aesthetic. So why would an uncharred world of engimunchkins be having a design aesthetic of a charred engineer non-ufo style flying croissant?

There won't be any confusion...   they are all the same things

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 06, 2017, 03:55:00 PM

I don't know, these dead Engineers in the set seem to be taller than a normal human...

Seriously, why do people keep saying "human sized"? Did I miss something? Who do they compare that crowd to in order to gauge the size?

Is there someone with hair in that crowd and we're all like "A-HA! A human is among them and they're around his size so therefore they're smaller!"

Could it be from David's lab?

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Holy Christ on a candle stick, people are are still going on about this? It's called budget and makeup constraints. It's the same reason why the Aliens had cheaper costumes and ridged heads in Aliens.

motherfather

I don't recall covenant was running on a shoestring budget where it had to feed its crew with a glass of water and dry crusts of bread, especially given the huge size of the head monument or juggernaut chair.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: motherfather on May 07, 2017, 07:09:59 AM
I don't recall covenant was running on a shoestring budget where it had to feed its crew with a glass of water and dry crusts of bread, especially given the huge size of the head monument or juggernaut chair.
That's not...quite what I was getting at, but feel free to interpret my post in whatever way your imagination runs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed