Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film!

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 18, 2022, 04:57:52 AM

Author
Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film! (Read 21,547 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Youoneuglymf on Aug 23, 2022, 04:24:06 PMany way shape or form that i can see both of u guys work? Omega and SiL?
I only have in-work scripts so far. Currently writing a short Dalek film for one (silly, I know). I've only worked as a creature designer, as well as 3d animator for a museum, for a like five or six design projects, but nothing big - friend stuff. Some of my work has been posted on my IG

SiL

Quote from: Youoneuglymf on Aug 23, 2022, 04:24:06 PMany way shape or form that i can see both of u guys work? Omega and SiL?
Most of my work is in editing and the projects are in still tied up in festivals. I've got my first feature in post production I'll be releasing early next year.

I've got some student short films online but they are definitely student short films.

BlueMarsalis79

A feature? That must be exciting.

SiL

It's a shitload of work is what it is.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Do you have a distributor yet? All that stuff sorted? Any venues in mind? What genre's your picture?

SiL

Cyberpunk Eraserhead.

Will be targeting horror, sci fi and genre festivals to build some word of mouth and pedigree.

The main plan is to self distribute using FilmHub to get on various streaming platforms, as well as direct digital sales.

There are some distributors I'll contact directly but I'll wait until the film is done and proved itself in festivals to give it the best chance of getting picked up.

Kradan

The best of luck to you

SiL

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I had suspected it would be a genre mix piece, preparing for Alien Versus Predator yes?

If David Lynch thought Alien ripped him off he's about to have a rude awakening soon. :laugh: Being that you're no doubt influenced by both. ;D

I genuinely look forward to anything that could be described  best as "Sci-Fi Eraserhead" -wish you the best of luck.

SiL

Honestly I use Eraserhead as shorthand for "off-kilter black and white dream-like surrealism" and am grossly flattering myself with the comparison, but it gets the point across to people.

BlueMarsalis79

Sounds interesting, surrealism's one of if not my favourite art movement honestly, in film especially it's a tough nut to crack with a lot of potential.

OmegaZilla

Back on topic folks

new AvP hopefully with studio gillis at the fx

BlueMarsalis79

I expect KNB will be the ones working on Noah Hawley's Alien judging by prior history.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/legion-marvel-FX-behind-the-scenes-KNB-Howard-Berger

QuoteThe first season of Legion was filmed in Vancouver but for seasons two and three, Hawley moved the production south to Los Angeles. In Vancouver, the first season makeup effects had been handled by Todd Masters and MASTERSFX. But once in L.A., Howard Berger, of the KNB Effects Group, Inc., was brought on to create Legion's diverse cast of creatures.

SiL

We know Weta is involved in some way.

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed