Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film!

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 18, 2022, 04:57:52 AM

Author
Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film! (Read 22,046 times)

Frosty Venom

That would be great news if a new AVP film was announced. Even better if it was set in the future.

happypred

Between the Aliens and Predator IPs, the former is the more interesting, fully fleshed out sci-fi setting. An AvP film should be set in the Aliens-verse. If AvP is its own universe, the AvP-verse should look and feel like the mainline Aliens-verse, but with Predators thrown into the recipe.

• Predator stories set in the past
  • Aliens stories set in the future
  • AvP stories also set in the future, but being more like a parallel, secondary plotline to the primary Aliens plotline

The tricky part would be whether and how to bring AvP and Aliens characters together.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 20, 2022, 11:20:10 PMPut it on a game preserve, really throw us a curveball where we think it's in the past but turns out it's in the future. Like we see a ninja but then all of a sudden we have a colonial marine. Lets make some wacky combos this time.

Hmmmmm hmmmm. I don't know. I feel like that's already been done in Hunter's Planet and Predators. So, game preserve, for me, has already been done.

Frosty Venom

I've been re-reading the original Aliens vs Predator comics and remembering how much these stories added to the Predator lore and how well it fits within the Aliens-verse

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

At this point I would love a straight adaptation of the AVP2 game. That was masterful.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 20, 2022, 12:55:29 PMI have basically zero care in the world if a new AVP movie ever happens. I don't care at all for the two movies that we have, and I never really put much stock in the concept outside of it being a fun enough, gimmicky crossover for comics and video games.

That being said: I think J.A. Bayona might be a genuinely fun choice to helm an AVP film. I think he'd get the pulp that's kind of inherent to the concept's core, and he'd tap into something a bit more stylized in its modes of horror and action with some inherent Gothic sensibilities against a more futuristic/techy backdrop.

Bayona is a really good director indeed... If the studio let him work properly.

BlueMarsalis79

Masterful up until plot threads are just dropped with no real resolution.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 21, 2022, 12:58:35 PMMasterful up until plot threads are just dropped with no real resolution.

Which ones are you thinking of ?

BlueMarsalis79

The entire ending of the Marine Campaign sucks.

BigDaddyJohn

Ahh yeah... That was the weakest part, clearly. Way too far removed from the tremendously good and atmospheric beginning.

happypred

It's a pity AvP 2004 oriented the franchise toward present-day Earth. They should've just used AvP Prey or Duel as a rough outline, maybe drop any human-predator team up but keep the future space setting. Think Duel would've worked well to bring Colonial Marines into AvP...would probably require less budget than a close adaptation of Prey

SiL

Duel was one of the stories they considered, but Davis went with Anderson's pitch instead.

Corporal Hicks

I don't remember hearing that one? I know Emmerich and Devlin wanted the PredAlien to play a prominent role, but can't recall hearing them talk about any concepts that sounded like Duel specifically? A lot of the earlier reported stories tended to sound like Eternal.

SiL

That's because I'm getting the two titles mixed up in my head :laugh:

Eternal is the one I'm thinking.

OmegaZilla

yooo emmerich avp gimme

Youoneuglymf

any way shape or form that i can see both of u guys work? Omega and SiL?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed