Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film!

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 18, 2022, 04:57:52 AM

Author
Prey Producer Talks Franchise Future and Possible New AVP Film! (Read 21,538 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I think SiL will aim a bit more class and a bit less schlock.

Kradan

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 19, 2022, 02:28:31 PMYou better have a crazyass Queen wrecking shit around @SiL

god I'm in a sudden need to rewatch AvP

This man gets it. Maybe we should get him to direct

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 19, 2022, 04:10:05 PMThis man gets it. Maybe we should get him to direct
Nah I'd happily work for SiL he got it

although I do have ideas for A/P related scripts that I'd love to direct as well - too busy writing my Dalek short now tho :P

Kradan

How about doing practical effects ?

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 19, 2022, 07:52:02 PMHow about doing practical effects ?
I'll be also experimenting with those (with the Dalek short first off) but do give me time I just started sculpting ahahah

-

back on topic, I wouldn't mind another AvP that adapts the older runs, as long as they make it plain as day that it's not in continuity with the Alien or Predator series

if they do it the same way as Prey (which is to say VERY good) I'm so game

Youoneuglymf

this SIL dude is a director?

Kradan

He is and he promised to make the best AvP movie ever in 8 years

Cougerboy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 19, 2022, 09:21:42 AMMost fans would forgive that if the movie was good.

Most fans want a AVP movie set in the future and NOT on Earth.  ;D

SiL

Yes, but they want a good movie more than they care about the location.

Good movie trumps everything. It's the only non negotiable.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 20, 2022, 08:37:35 AMGood movie trumps everything. It's the only non negotiable.

Spoiler
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have basically zero care in the world if a new AVP movie ever happens. I don't care at all for the two movies that we have, and I never really put much stock in the concept outside of it being a fun enough, gimmicky crossover for comics and video games.

That being said: I think J.A. Bayona might be a genuinely fun choice to helm an AVP film. I think he'd get the pulp that's kind of inherent to the concept's core, and he'd tap into something a bit more stylized in its modes of horror and action with some inherent Gothic sensibilities against a more futuristic/techy backdrop.

Cougerboy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 20, 2022, 08:37:35 AMYes, but they want a good movie more than they care about the location.

Good movie trumps everything. It's the only non negotiable.

Well that goes without saying of course. A good movie set in the future and out in space somewhere... 8)

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 20, 2022, 12:55:29 PM... and I never really put much stock in the concept outside of it being a fun enough, gimmicky crossover for comics and video games.

I honestly feel like we're overdue for an AvP game.

xShadowFoxX

An AvP movie would be cool. An AvP game would be better! The only way I would be interested in an AvP film is if it took place in the future and not on earth, Colonial Marines and all!

SuperiorIronman

Put it on a game preserve, really throw us a curveball where we think it's in the past but turns out it's in the future. Like we see a ninja but then all of a sudden we have a colonial marine. Lets make some wacky combos this time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed